The Ringer: The ‘Obi-Wan Kenobi’ Primer: Everything You Need to Know

#2 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,313 posts

Posted 27 May 2022 - 09:42 PM

I enjoyed the first two episodes.  I can appreciate this.

#3 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,422 posts

Posted 27 May 2022 - 10:38 PM

It was certainly better than the travesty that was Boba Fett. 

Still, I'm all in. 

• weird-O likes this

#4 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,313 posts

Posted 28 May 2022 - 09:39 AM

Spoiler

• weird-O likes this

#5 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,711 posts

Posted 28 May 2022 - 10:13 AM

The Ringer: ‘Obi-Wan Kenobi,’ Chapters 1 and 2 Recap: There’s No Hiding From the Truth

#6 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,277 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 28 May 2022 - 10:35 AM

Are potential spoilers ok in this thread?

#7 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 31 May 2022 - 07:24 AM

Watched the first episode last night and enjoyed it a ton, looking forward to watching episode 2 tonight!

#8 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 03 June 2022 - 08:54 AM

Racist trolls have a problem with Moses Ingram portraying the 3rd Sister because of course they do.  This stuff is pathetic, besides McGregor reprising his role as Obi Wan,  Ingram has probably had the 2nd best performance on the show so far.

#9 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,711 posts

Posted 03 June 2022 - 02:01 PM

Racist trolls have a problem with Moses Ingram portraying the 3rd Sister because of course they do.  This stuff is pathetic, besides McGregor reprising his role as Obi Wan,  Ingram has probably had the 2nd best performance on the show so far.

There are so many horrible people. Ugh.

Ingram is from Baltimore.

#10 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,313 posts

Posted 03 June 2022 - 03:08 PM

You're supposed to hate the character.  I don't get what internet assholes gain from hating the actress.

#11 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 04 June 2022 - 09:39 AM

There were a lot of people butt hurt about Sam being cast as Mace Windu back in the day too. And while there were weak arguments about his personality not being right (he's an actor people, his personality will fit the role), low key it seemed most of it was just people grumbling because of his race.

It's just sad that there are SO many people still out there that have hangups on this stuff. We watched some random documentary last night about the origins of cereal of all things, and it was all about cooky religion and racists. I was like WTF is wrong with this place????

• weird-O likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#12 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,277 posts

Posted 04 June 2022 - 10:27 AM

Maybe I was young and more naïve at the time, but I don’t remember people getting all bent out of shape over Billy Dee Williams playing Lando. Of course it could just be that back then the worst among us didn’t have the platforms to spew their hate that we do today.

• Dupin likes this

#13 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,422 posts

Posted 04 June 2022 - 02:01 PM

Maybe I was young and more naïve at the time, but I don’t remember people getting all bent out of shape over Billy Dee Williams playing Lando. Of course it could just be that back then the worst among us didn’t have the platforms to spew their hate that we do today.

Pretty much this. 

#14 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,313 posts

Posted 04 June 2022 - 04:29 PM

Feels like social media has been a net negative.  And for all the good the internet has probably done for society, we've yet to figure out how to control the bad.

This isn't exactly new for Star Wars.  I despise The Last Jedi and what they did story wise in the sequels, but there was no reason for the mob to bully Kelly Marie Tran.

#15 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,456 posts

Posted 04 June 2022 - 05:02 PM

It’s crazy. I think TLJ was the only good new SW trilogy movie despite some glaring issues and probably a top 5 SW film overall. People should remember all this stuff is opinion based and if they don’t like a movie for whatever reason stop watching it.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#16 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,277 posts

Posted 04 June 2022 - 05:17 PM

A lot of people were highly critical of the prequels, but it seems like Obi Wan has led to a greater appreciation of them.

#17 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,456 posts

Posted 04 June 2022 - 08:27 PM

The prequels were awful movies but because of the built in nostalgia they were able to overcome their flaws in many ways. Plus they were the first SW films I saw in the theater and the build up to Phantom Menace was unlike anything I’ve experienced.
  • Mashed Potatoes likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#18 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 05 June 2022 - 04:59 AM

The prequels were awful movies but because of the built in nostalgia they were able to overcome their flaws in many ways. Plus they were the first SW films I saw in the theater and the build up to Phantom Menace was unlike anything I’ve experienced.

Is Jar Jar Binks the cringiest movie character of all time?
@DaKittenz

#19 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,229 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 05 June 2022 - 08:26 AM

The Clone Wars and Rebels series really adds world-building and made me appreciate the prequels more. The prequels are genuinely bad movies aside from the third, but there was so much potential for them, just really awful writing and dialogue.

The Kenobi series only adds to that world-building. Some flaws so far, but I’m enjoying it.
  • makoman likes this

#20 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,875 posts

Posted 16 June 2022 - 03:19 PM

Is Jar Jar Binks the cringiest movie character of all time?

Him or Long Duk Dong.

• Mashed Potatoes likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=