#42 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,435 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 19 May 2022 - 03:32 PM

Can someone remind me what Ramon Urias does exactly? He appears to be bad at baseball

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#43 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 19 May 2022 - 03:39 PM

Tony!

#44 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 May 2022 - 03:39 PM

Santander with a bomb to walk off

@mikeghg

#45 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 19 May 2022 - 03:40 PM

Woot!

#46 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 19 May 2022 - 03:41 PM

2 doubles, a walk, and a walkoff 3-run bomb.  Nice game for Santander!

• You Play to Win the Game and fishteacher like this

#47 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 May 2022 - 03:44 PM

That was awesome.

#48 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 May 2022 - 03:46 PM

Nice win, that ends 2 six game streaks.  One overall and the other to the Yankees.

Dinner will taster better tonight.

@mikeghg

#49 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,137 posts

Posted 19 May 2022 - 03:47 PM

So no Rutschman announcement?

#50 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 19 May 2022 - 03:51 PM

So no Rutschman announcement?

Go find the ball Santander hit.  On it...written in Orange Sharpie...are 5 letters...

#51 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,137 posts

Posted 19 May 2022 - 05:11 PM

Go find the ball Santander hit. On it...written in Orange Sharpie...are 5 letters...

Friday has 6 letters.

#52 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 20 May 2022 - 05:43 AM

Was going to lose my mind if they lost.

#53 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 May 2022 - 07:39 AM

Was going to lose my mind if they lost.

I am glad they won, and it was a good win, and maybe it is just me, but I do not get upset when they lose.  I used to stress over every loss, but I have gotten to the point of not giving much thought to all the losses.

@mikeghg

#54 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 20 May 2022 - 09:13 AM

I am glad they won, and it was a good win, and maybe it is just me, but I do not get upset when they lose.  I used to stress over every loss, but I have gotten to the point of not giving much thought to all the losses.

Normally I wouldn't care, but they battled back from two down only then to give up the tying run in the top of the 9th.  Plus it's the Yankees and a potential 4 game sweep.

#55 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 20 May 2022 - 09:15 AM

I never really cared much for the whole "they need to learn how to be winners" but they should be able to hold a lead and win a game from time to time, even against a team like the Yankees.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#56 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 May 2022 - 12:01 PM

Normally I wouldn't care, but they battled back from two down only then to give up the tying run in the top of the 9th.  Plus it's the Yankees and a potential 4 game sweep.

I know what you are saying, but the Elias years have taught me not to worry about another loss.  We are averaging 110 losses a year, so one more is not worth worrying about.

I have been a die hard since I was 8 years old and that is a long time ago, and I have rooted religiously for a lot of great teams and also plenty of bad teams.  I still tune in every game, but it is not the same feeling for a team that has phoned it in for going on 4 years.

@mikeghg

#57 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,310 posts

Posted 20 May 2022 - 12:21 PM

The goal of Elias is that they dont have to phone in seasons in the future. A consistent pipeline of talent. Now, the pipeline isnt always going to be as full as it is now but there should be enough where we dont have to suffer the way we suffered the last 4 years. Anyone with any foresight saw all of this coming as early as 2015. They were going to keep and ride all of their horses hard until they collapsed or ran off. By the end of '18 we were all alone in the middle of nowhere with essentially nothing.

#58 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 May 2022 - 01:35 PM

The goal of Elias is that they dont have to phone in seasons in the future. A consistent pipeline of talent. Now, the pipeline isnt always going to be as full as it is now but there should be enough where we dont have to suffer the way we suffered the last 4 years. Anyone with any foresight saw all of this coming as early as 2015. They were going to keep and ride all of their horses hard until they collapsed or ran off. By the end of '18 we were all alone in the middle of nowhere with essentially nothing.

You and I have beat this to death.  I know all about the pipeline and I have said many times that I give the Elias regime a lot of credit for building the system up, via the draft, International market etc.and also bettering the infrastructure of the organization technologically and equipment wise.

My issue is and remains at the cost.  He has totally ignored the major league roster and the Orioles over the last 4 plus years, have been maybe the worst team in the history of baseball.  It did not have to be this bad.

Bottom line, you and I are never going to agree, and the reason may be, that I am sure, I am a lot older than you.  When you are older, it hurts more to see a team you care about have no concern about tanking seasons.  

@mikeghg

#59 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,310 posts

Posted 20 May 2022 - 01:52 PM

You and I have beat this to death.  I know all about the pipeline and I have said many times that I give the Elias regime a lot of credit for building the system up, via the draft, International market etc.and also bettering the infrastructure of the organization technologically and equipment wise.

My issue is and remains at the cost.  He has totally ignored the major league roster and the Orioles over the last 4 plus years, have been maybe the worst team in the history of baseball.  It did not have to be this bad.

Bottom line, you and I are never going to agree, and the reason may be, that I am sure, I am a lot older than you.  When you are older, it hurts more to see a team you care about have no concern about tanking seasons.  

Put the blame on the previous regime here. That includes Buck who I love as a manager . They ran all those guys and didnt look to trade for prospects nor did Pete have any interest in INt FA or building a farm system. That isnt to say Ellias couldn't have spent more on payroll but it wouldn't have resulted in a competitive team. A more competitive team sure but again to use the line for the 100th time., 70 wins vs 55. If that matters to you ok . I really do respect that but none of us are going to be looking back in 10 or 15 years and rmembering much about a 70 win team 

#60 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 20 May 2022 - 02:00 PM

Put the blame on the previous regime here. That includes Buck who I love as a manager . They ran all those guys and didnt look to trade for prospects nor did Pete have any interest in INt FA or building a farm system. That isnt to say Ellias couldn't have spent more on payroll but it wouldn't have resulted in a competitive team. A more competitive team sure but again to use the line for the 100th time., 70 wins vs 55. If that matters to you ok . I really do respect that but none of us are going to be looking back in 10 or 15 years and rmembering much about a 70 win team 

The Orioles need more fans like you.  Most other fans aren't going to cheer when the team doesn't even try year after year before the season even starts because "they'll be competitive in <insert number here> years."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=