#41 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 09 May 2022 - 02:03 PM

Give Nevin a month to 2 months worth of ABs. Want a longer look at him

What do you see? Aside from his hot start in AAA this year he looks like a JAG to me.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#42 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,933 posts

Posted 09 May 2022 - 02:05 PM

It kind of seems like a weakness that the team's only backup outfielders are Mancini, Mountcastle, and Nevin.  That non-catch from Neven yesterday made me miss Mancini's glovework.

#43 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 May 2022 - 02:07 PM

What do you see? Aside from his hot start in AAA this year he looks like a JAG to me.

There are going to be a lot of the young players who come up and may not look the part.  We need to stop judging guys by a small sample size.

Cal Sr. used to say, you really do not know what you have until a player has 1000 big league AB's.  

@mikeghg

#44 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,559 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 09 May 2022 - 02:07 PM

Ho hum, just your closer throwing 28 pitches in a 6-1 game after pitching yesterday, nothing to see here.

His grandfather died today, might have wanted to pitch today if he’s going to be away from the team for a couple days.
  • BSLChrisStoner and Nigel Tufnel like this

#45 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,559 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 09 May 2022 - 02:09 PM

He has 20 HR power and a solid approach at the plate. Don’t expect more than a bench player on a good team but on this team? Worth some run.

#46 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 09 May 2022 - 02:11 PM

Probably nothing but a bit underrated defensively. Maybe the bat can be solid.

#47 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 09 May 2022 - 02:14 PM

Pretty clear that the Os have to target 1 or 2 Inf this offseason. Whether FA or trade. Im not talking about the Jose Iglesias and Mikael Francos of the world either. I expect them to do so.

#48 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,445 posts

Posted 09 May 2022 - 02:17 PM

Wells is looking good. Be huge if he and Zimmerman can be something moving forward.
  • BobPhelan and Mike B like this

#49 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,445 posts

Posted 09 May 2022 - 03:19 PM

Also, I haven't had time to watch a lot of O's baseball this year, but Bautista looks very impressive. Some nice power arms there at the back end with Lopez, Bautista, Perez.

#50 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 10 May 2022 - 08:03 AM

There are going to be a lot of the young players who come up and may not look the part.  We need to stop judging guys by a small sample size.

Cal Sr. used to say, you really do not know what you have until a player has 1000 big league AB's.  

His MiL stats aren't that great. That is what I meant.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#51 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,559 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 10 May 2022 - 12:58 PM

His grandfather died today, might have wanted to pitch today if he’s going to be away from the team for a couple days.

Official, Lakins up.

#52 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,701 posts

Posted 10 May 2022 - 01:09 PM

I didn't realize bereavement leave applied to grandparents.  That's a good policy.  Condolences to Lopez.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=