592 replies to this topic

#561 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 29 April 2023 - 01:55 PM

About 2 rounds too late. Oh well. I'd imagine we're hitting the vetran market up after the draft. High possibility we contact Peters for a 1 year, incentive laden deal. If that's the route we go, I'm ok with it. Better than Brandon Stephens.

I think it's time to part ways with Peters, no matter the discount. But they will obviously sign at least 1 FA. This kind of sets up as a situation where they do something at the trade deadline, like they did with Roquan and when they got Peters back in 2019. Maybe Queen could be part of a deal for a CB, though you rarely see player-for-player swaps in the NFL.

#562 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 April 2023 - 01:57 PM

Have we gotten any cap details on Lamar’s deal yet? How much room do we have this season?

#563 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 01:59 PM

Have we gotten any cap details on Lamar’s deal yet? How much room do we have this season?

Spotrac shows nothing beyond what we already know, and still show the Ravens at just $3.9M in cap space.

#564 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,352 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 02:21 PM

FWIW, Hurts' contract was reported on 4/17 and didn't show up on overthecap until 4/24. I suppose they get the space whenever the contract is officially filed with the league, whenever that is. I would think before 4PM Monday as that's when comp pick compensation ends I believe.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#565 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 29 April 2023 - 03:23 PM

About 2 rounds too late. Oh well. I'd imagine we're hitting the vetran market up after the draft. High possibility we contact Peters for a 1 year, incentive laden deal. If that's the route we go, I'm ok with it. Better than Brandon Stephens.

Peters appeared to have lost some of his mojo last year, so hopefully there's a free agent or trade candidate CB in the works. WR depth is covered (we hope), but DBs haven't been consistently healthy the last few years either. More depth there feels critical.

#566 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 03:39 PM

I watched a lot of Ducks games, and I'm still not gonna attempt to correctly spell or pronounce the name of the OT they just drafted.

#567 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 29 April 2023 - 03:42 PM

I watched a lot of Ducks games, and I'm still not gonna attempt to correctly spell or pronounce the name of the OT they just drafted.

Not sure anyone from Alaska has ever been drafted before this.

#568 1970

All-Star

• Members
  • Pip
  • 739 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 03:45 PM

Not sure anyone from Alaska has ever been drafted before this.

Isn’t Mark Schlereth from Alaska?

#569 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 29 April 2023 - 03:47 PM

You've got me there. My initial impression on seeing his name was he must be Samoan or Tongan. But on reading he's from Alaska, I wondered if he's from one of the Alaskan tribes instead. Anyone know?

#570 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 03:52 PM

Yes. Several other Alaskan born players have played in the NFL. Schlereth is probably most noteworthy, since he was on SB teams in both WAS and DEN.

#571 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 03:54 PM

You've got me there. My initial impression on seeing his name was he must be Samoan or Tongan. But on reading he's from Alaska, I wondered if he's from one of the Alaskan tribes instead. Anyone know?

According to his bio he was born in Hawaii, grew up in Alaska, and attended HS in Las Vegas. The name definitely sounds of Pacific Islander descent, not native Alaskan.

#572 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 03:55 PM

Are we talking about  

Malaesala Aumavae-Laulu Because this says He's Hawaiian

https://www.si.com/n...a-aumavae-laulu

• JStruds likes this

#573 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 29 April 2023 - 03:57 PM

Are we talking about Malaesala Aumavae-Laulu Because this says He's Hawaiian
https://www.si.com/n...a-aumavae-laulu

Thanks for covering my laziness. Was getting ribs ready for the grill and stuck to speculation vs research. 😕

Only problem I have with him.being Hawaiian is I believe that language does not include a V. Again, memory/ speculation.

#574 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 04:02 PM

Thanks for covering my laziness. Was getting ribs ready for the grill and stuck to speculation vs research.

Only problem I have with him.being Hawaiian is I believe that language does not include a V. Again, memory/ speculation.

No worries. I'm envious about the ribs, I'm eating Royal Farms chicken  :lol:

• JStruds likes this

#575 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 05:02 PM

Love the last pick. Voorhees tore his ACL at the combine. If he were healthy, he would have been a 3rd or 4th round pick.

6 year starter, upper 80's PFF grade the last 2 years.

Could be a steal that late.
  • makoman likes this

#576 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 05:54 PM

Weird non-Ravens Draft Fact: A total of 7 former TCU players were drafted by the Los Angeles Rams and Chargers. Apparently neither of those teams bothered to scout TCU the time they were playing right there in their home stadium.

#577 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 29 April 2023 - 07:27 PM

Glancing at the list of undrafted players, a few I'm familiar with who I'd like to see brought in as UDFAs:

Edge - Andre Carter II, Army

S - Brandon Joseph, Notre Dame

RB - Sean Tucker, Syracuse

#578 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,790 posts

Posted 30 April 2023 - 12:42 AM

I hate Philly.

Yeah but they killed it in this draft.  They got two potential superstars in round 1, and they added RIngo a couple of rounds later.  They play in a conference where there is only really one team that can compete with them, SF, and they have QB problems.  I can't see how when the grades come out that Philly isn't on top or close to it.  The rich just got richer in the NFC.

#579 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 30 April 2023 - 06:33 AM

Lol. SF is the only team that can compete with them in the NFC. We got some bold statements being made

#580 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,637 posts

Posted 30 April 2023 - 07:00 AM

Is there a free agent draft class thread yet? I see the Ravens signed Dontay Demus Jr out of MD. Love this pick, his knee injury was real bad so he hasn’t fully regained his speed yet but hopefully he will!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=