#122 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 June 2022 - 10:52 AM

Next year may be difficult, but Willard's willingness to play a top OOC schedule bodes well for the program.

@mikeghg

#123 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,419 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 08 June 2022 - 01:15 PM

They've announced what should be the full schedule of non-conference games, save the B1G/ACC Challenge opponent. No power-conference teams outside of what we already knew, but notable games include Coppin State, UMBC and St Peters.

https://twitter.com/...3473024/photo/1

#124 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,558 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 08 June 2022 - 06:44 PM

That's a pretty strong schedule. 1 preseason tourney with some good teams in it, UCLA, and the ACC/B1G challenge game.

I don't have super high expectations for OOC scheduling, but certainly more than what Turgeon usually provided us should be the bare minimum. This is about what I'd expect from an OOC schedule for a high major that wants to compete.

#125 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 09 June 2022 - 08:47 AM

I also think the Gavitt Games is still in play as well, they haven't played it in the past few years so they're probably due to be in it again

she/her

#126 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 16 June 2022 - 01:07 PM

Home/road slate 

FVZIA2-WAAYj-UNj.jpg

she/her

#127 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 24 June 2022 - 08:07 AM

@ Louisville for B1G/ACC challenge

https://twitter.com/...316504507523072

she/her

#128 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,419 posts

Posted 18 August 2022 - 04:35 PM

BSL: The Big Ten's New Media Rights Deal Has Been Announced

Curious where you might be watching Terps Basketball starting in 2023-24? Check this out.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#129 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 August 2022 - 08:57 AM

BSL: The Big Ten's New Media Rights Deal Has Been Announced

Curious where you might be watching Terps Basketball starting in 2023-24? Check this out.

The rich get richer.   

@mikeghg

#130 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,546 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 19 August 2022 - 01:32 PM

When does the Big 10 schedule come out?

The Terps are offering a 5 game pack where you can pick any 5 games you want -- so you can avoid having to pick a game like LIU -- which I want to jump on.  

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#131 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 19 August 2022 - 03:06 PM

When does the Big 10 schedule come out?

The Terps are offering a 5 game pack where you can pick any 5 games you want -- so you can avoid having to pick a game like LIU -- which I want to jump on.

It was released on September 8th last year, so I’d assume this year would follow a similar timeline.
  • Pedro Cerrano likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#132 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,419 posts

Posted 22 September 2022 - 12:09 PM

The Big Ten has released the full 2022-23 schedule with TV info. Here's the Terps' schedule. If you want to catch most of their games, make sure you can get BTN - they're on there a lot. Surprised the UCLA game is only getting FS1 as well.

#133 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,985 posts

Posted 22 September 2022 - 12:19 PM

I dont think anyone really knows what to expect this year but what would you guess our chances are of making the tournament?

#134 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,101 posts

Posted 22 September 2022 - 01:56 PM

I dont think anyone really knows what to expect this year but what would you guess our chances are of making the tournament?

50/50.  

I can envision them as a Top 20-25 team... can also envision them as super bubbly and NIT bound. 

Have the same questions I had in June in the other thread... 

1) How big a leap does Reese make?

2) Primary reserves figure to be Martinez, Emillien, Cornish...  do they give you a solid 8 man rotation?

3) Do you get anything out of Swanton-Rodger, Revaz, Long, Batchelor, Dziuba?

4) Just how good are Young and Carey?  (Equal to, better than, less than Ayala, and Russell?)

5) Team Chemistry and Willard. Do you get everyone buying in? Does Willard make a difference in preparation, and in-games? 

#135 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 September 2022 - 09:22 AM

50/50.  

I can envision them as a Top 20-25 team... can also envision them as super bubbly and NIT bound. 

2) Primary reserves figure to be Martinez, Emillien, Cornish...  do they give you a solid 8 man rotation?

4) Just how good are Young and Carey?  (Equal to, better than, less than Ayala, and Russell?)

5) Team Chemistry and Willard. Do you get everyone buying in? Does Willard make a difference in preparation, and in-games? 

I really think this is a transition year.  I am not going to be too worked up if this year looks a lot like last year, because for the first time in a dozen years, I think we have the right coach.  This year may be a struggle but better times are ahead.

@mikeghg

#136 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,985 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 09:25 AM

50/50.  

I doubt its 50/50 but possible. I just dont think we know how everything will mesh but I tend to agree with mike that there will be a transition year or two. Willard has to get in and get comfortable and figure some things out too

#137 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 09:32 AM

Play hard and improve as the year goes on are my main criteria for success this season.  I have no idea of what to expect, so we'll just see how it goes.  After a handful of games I'll probably feel more strongly about what a good season looks like.

• BSLZackKiesel likes this

#138 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,985 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 09:39 AM

Play hard and improve as the year goes on are my main criteria for success this season.  I have no idea of what to expect, so we'll just see how it goes.  After a handful of games I'll probably feel more strongly about what a good season looks like.

I just want to see a different attitude. I was gonna say style too. But that doesnt necessarily have to be the case. If its a slower tempo but its disciplined, fundamental and a team style game that can be fun. GIve me a reason to invest Willard. Because I do want to do it but its on you to bring me back

#139 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 09:48 AM

Improving, or at least not backsliding, throughout the year is the #1 goal for me, as that was the primary and biggest flaw for Turgeon.  That goal can be achieved no matter how good the team is overall, so its an expectation that isn't dependent on some new guys gelling or a big sophomore bump from Reese or a classically good senior year from Scott or Hart.  

• You Play to Win the Game and Mike B like this

#140 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,419 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 02:02 PM

If its a slower tempo but its disciplined, fundamental and a team style game that can be fun.

Ball movement, off-ball movement, setting good picks (and utilizing good picks). These are things I'd like to see that have been all too rare around CP the past decade.

• You Play to Win the Game and TwentyThirtyFive like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=