1202 replies to this topic

#1121 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 30 January 2023 - 07:59 AM

Wasn't that the game where Mike Vanderjagt missed a potential game-tying field goal by about 12 miles?

That kick was so bad he carried it with him and pretty much ended his career.

#1122 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,984 posts

Posted 30 January 2023 - 08:36 AM

After hearing them talk all postseason, like it didn't take a fluke 98 yard fumble return for a TD to move on, I'm happy Cincy lost.

Eli Apple can shut his ass up on Twitter. Burrow can shut up about his Burrowhead BS. Mixon can take his cry baby, woman beating ass home. Sit down and find some humility. Bunch of soft, arrogant, cry babies get to go home empty handed again.

One team kept jawing all week and one was quieter. I'm not surprised the quieter one won. That Burrowhead stuff was stupid. Way to give them bulletin board material.
  • Mike B likes this

#1123 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 30 January 2023 - 08:55 AM

So do you think the Mile high miracle was a fluke?

Yes and no. A long pass and catch isn't as flukey as a fumble on a QB sneak, directly into the hands of a defender with no one around him.

But in essence, you're assuming I've said it wasn't at some point, flukey. Moore mistimed his jump. But it was lucky. No doubt. Ravens were also not prancing around on social media, telling opposing teams Cancun on 3. Or calling Foxborough? Flaccoborough. Saying their window is always open. Or crying because the other team tackles too hard.

I didn't mind Cincy before. Even when Burrow ran the score up on us. Didn't bother me. But the week 18 BS, and all the comments they were making, basically already anointing themselves the AFC representatives for the next decade, rubbed me the wrong way. Especially for how soft the majority of them are. Burrow, Chase Hubbard and Hendrickson are the only dogs on that team. The rest are soft, cry babies.
  • Bmore Irish and makoman like this

#1124 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 30 January 2023 - 09:15 AM

I didn't mind Cincy before. Even when Burrow ran the score up on us. Didn't bother me. But the week 18 BS, and all the comments they were making, basically already anointing themselves the AFC representatives for the next decade, rubbed me the wrong way. Especially for how soft the majority of them are. Burrow, Chase Hubbard and Hendrickson are the only dogs on that team. The rest are soft, cry babies.

Plus they made the Hamlin situation all about them. It cost the Ravens a shot at the division too and I don’t recall one person with the Ravens whining about it.

#1125 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 30 January 2023 - 10:23 AM

I think Philly will be generally favored by Vegas and the media.

Should be a good game.

Kind of expect KC to win.

I'll be rooting for Philly.

I worked in Philly for a number of years.  The fans there are brutal.  I can not root for anything Philly, so go Chiefs.

@mikeghg

#1126 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 30 January 2023 - 10:26 AM

One team kept jawing all week and one was quieter. I'm not surprised the quieter one won. That Burrowhead stuff was stupid. Way to give them bulletin board material.

The fact the Bengals lost in the manner they did was perfect.  They have been running their mouths for over a month.  The Chiefs clearly heard the yapping and fought through a bunch of injuries and won the game.  The end was painful for the Bengals, they got what they deserved.

• Mike in STL and russsnyder like this
@mikeghg

#1127 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 30 January 2023 - 11:08 AM

I worked in Philly for a number of years.  The fans there are brutal.  I can not root for anything Philly, so go Chiefs.

@BSLMikeRandall

#1128 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 30 January 2023 - 11:15 AM

The Eagles should win this. They're clearly better imo but of course it's an uneasy feeling going against Mahomes.

Philly may have ended Burrow's career had they won. They couldn't protect him all game against the Ravens average pass rush. And they couldn't stop Clark or Jones all night from smacking him in the mouth. Philly would have been in his face all night.

#1129 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 30 January 2023 - 11:24 AM

Gotta give it to the 2000 Ravens... they talked a LOT and backed up every word in January of 2001.

We'll see how durable Burrow is over the long term himself. He might wind up playing 15 years and be the next Roethlisberger. Dude takes a lot of hits, and I think he has a good amount to do with that himself.

Burrow's confidence seems to cross the line a little to arrogance. Confidence is great. Arrogance is different.

The narrative is always about how "we're going to see these two in title games for years to come" and a year or two later it's two different names. Hell I recall after the Jackson vs Mayfield season finale in 2018 the talk was how those two would be battling for the next decade. Mayfield is now on a path to become a journeyman maybe, though I think he can win in January in the right situation.

#1130 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,077 posts

Posted 30 January 2023 - 01:47 PM

ESPN: Chiefs-Eagles: Super Bowl LVII predictions, picks, odds, questions

https://www.espn.com...ps-quarterbacks

#1131 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,077 posts

Posted 31 January 2023 - 09:40 AM

The Ringer: Chiefs-Eagles Shows Two Ways to Build a Modern NFL Team. Which Will Win Out?

#1132 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,077 posts

Posted 31 January 2023 - 09:45 AM

CBS Sports: Super Bowl 2023: Five early bold predictions for Chiefs vs. Eagles, including a surprise MVP candidate

https://www.cbssport...-mvp-candidate/

#1133 DerekTate

DerekTate

HOF

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 January 2023 - 02:00 PM

BSL: Conference Championship Weekend Review

https://baltimorespo...weekend-review/

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#1134 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,077 posts

Posted 01 February 2023 - 08:43 AM

538 has the Chiefs as a 57% favorite to win.

ESPN's Matchup Predictor has it exactly 50/50.

#1135 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,077 posts

Posted 06 February 2023 - 09:35 AM

The Ringer: Super Bowl Cheat Sheet: 25 Things You Need to Know About the Eagles and Chiefs

#1136 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,077 posts

Posted 07 February 2023 - 09:14 AM

CBS Sports: Super Bowl 2023: Ranking every Chiefs and Eagles starter ahead of Super Bowl LVII matchup in Arizona

https://www.cbssport...hup-in-arizona/

#1137 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,077 posts

Posted 08 February 2023 - 08:22 AM

CBS Sports: 2023 Super Bowl: 57 things to know for Super Bowl 57 as Patrick Mahomes leads Chiefs vs. Jalen Hurts' Eagles

https://www.cbssport...n-hurts-eagles/

#1138 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,077 posts

Posted 08 February 2023 - 08:34 AM

Football Outsiders: Super Bowl LVII Pre-Preview

https://www.football...vii-pre-preview

#1139 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner