1202 replies to this topic

#61 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 18 March 2022 - 05:43 AM

More teams trying the Bucs/Rams all in way. As more teams try it the chance at failure increases.

#62 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 18 March 2022 - 06:23 AM

More teams trying the Bucs/Rams all in way. As more teams try it the chance at failure increases.

Just a hunch, but the Raiders will fail.

#63 MikeinOwingsMills

MikeinOwingsMills
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 March 2022 - 06:24 AM

For their sake, hope it works out better for them than the last time they dealt for a big-time WR1 from the NFC North. 

But these are the Raiders we're talking about... it'll probably be nothing less than a spectacular bust. Davante will have his money to cushion things some, but I suspect he'll be wondering what the heck he was thinking in voluntarily separating from Rodgers.

I actually believe Davante would've been a great fit in San Francisco, but no chance the Packers were sending him there.

#64 BSLMikeFast

BSLMikeFast

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted 18 March 2022 - 07:56 AM

CBS Sports: Super Bowl 2023 odds: Chiefs favored to win it all next season; Rams own third-best odds to repeat

https://www.cbssport...odds-to-repeat/

Ravens are +2000 in this post and are still +2000 despite their recent signings. That surprises me a bit...thought they'd go to +1800 or +1600.

@MikeFastNFL

#65 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 18 March 2022 - 11:17 PM

Ju-Ju Smith-Schuster to the Chiefs for a reported one-year $10.75 million deal.

#66 DerekTate

DerekTate

HOF

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 March 2022 - 08:23 AM

BSL: Thoughts On Recent NFL Moves

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#67 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 19 March 2022 - 01:44 PM

Ju-Ju Smith-Schuster to the Chiefs for a reported one-year $10.75 million deal.

Got hurt last season and numbers were down but gets more this year. Odd .

#68 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 19 March 2022 - 04:36 PM

The Rams have reportedly just reached an extension agreement with Matthew Stafford for four years and $160 million, $135 million of which is guaranteed. The deal is also said to help the Rams' salary cap this offseason, although details haven't been released.

Stafford had a pending $23 million cap number for this year, and with the Rams reportedly some $10 million over the cap as of March 19, they had to defer some cap charges. 

#69 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,802 posts

Posted 21 March 2022 - 01:10 PM

Matt Ryan going to Indy.  Man the AFC is tough.  As of now, the only 3 teams I would say have little or no chance at a playoff spot next year are Jacksonville, Houston, and NY Jets.  You can make a case for all 13 other teams to be legitimate playoff contenders.  

#70 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 21 March 2022 - 04:02 PM

Matt Ryan going to Indy.  Man the AFC is tough.  As of now, the only 3 teams I would say have little or no chance at a playoff spot next year are Jacksonville, Houston, and NY Jets.  You can make a case for all 13 other teams to be legitimate playoff contenders.  

Throw Miami onto that pile, too. 

#71 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,560 posts

Posted 21 March 2022 - 04:17 PM

Miami could sneak in. I wouldn’t put them in that category just yet. 

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#72 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 21 March 2022 - 04:51 PM

Miami could sneak in. I wouldn’t put them in that category just yet. 

I agree they're not as bad as Houston, New York or Jacksonville, but they're also a team that won't sniff the postseason next fall. 

Not when the entire AFCW might just finish above .500 and is it a coin toss between CIN and BAL for the AFCN? The loser figures to be the 5 or 6 seed, right? For that matter, Belichick will angle the Pats into playoff contention by mind-boning his inferior contemporaries throughout the season. 

And then there's Tua. What is he, the 11th or 12th best QB in the AFC right now? That's if you're saying he's better than Mac Jones. Meaning, a Tua-led team with whoever is coaching them is more effective than a Bill Belichick coached Mac Jones' squad. 

I mean, if you put the Dolphins in the NFCS? They're probably a WC team. But I'm not seeing it out of the AFC this year. 

#73 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,130 posts

Posted 21 March 2022 - 05:27 PM

CBS Sports: Ranking all 32 NFL teams by 2022 free agency moves: Buccaneers, Chargers among big offseason winners

https://www.cbssport...season-winners/

#74 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,802 posts

Posted 21 March 2022 - 06:45 PM

I thought about putting Miami in that category, but honestly they are not totally devoid of talent.  They do have a good defense and finished just out of the playoffs the last two years.  My next 2 out in the AFC would have been Miami and Pittsburgh.  But even if you take them out of the mix the AFC is still loaded.  11 legitimate playoff contenders fighting for 7 spots.  

• mdrunning likes this

#75 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 21 March 2022 - 06:56 PM

With all these QB moves what happens to the QB's in the draft .? With Ryan leaving it would have to be Atlanta unless they tank this year. Then Carolina & Seattle. Would like to see a few gone before 14.

#76 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,021 posts

Posted 21 March 2022 - 07:19 PM

With all these QB moves what happens to the QB's in the draft .? With Ryan leaving it would have to be Atlanta unless they tank this year. Then Carolina & Seattle. Would like to see a few gone before 14.

Cant see anyone other than Willis going before 14.

#77 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,021 posts

Posted 21 March 2022 - 07:22 PM

Cant see anyone other than Willis going before 14.

Im gonna step back from this. QBs always rise. Heres hoping multiple QBs do go early.

#78 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,130 posts

Posted 23 March 2022 - 08:31 AM

CBS Sports: Ranking every AFC team after first wave of NFL free agency: Bills, Chiefs remain class of conference

https://www.cbssport...-of-conference/

#79 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,802 posts

Posted 23 March 2022 - 11:56 AM

I agree that the Bills and Chiefs are the clear class of a loaded AFC, but I might flip flop them now that Tyreek Hill is gone from KC.

#80 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,130 posts

Posted 25 March 2022 - 07:26 AM

The Ringer: What Does This Spring’s Great QB Reset Mean for Future NFL Offseasons?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=