1202 replies to this topic

#521 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,426 posts

Posted 13 November 2022 - 05:28 PM

That might have been the best regular season Vikings game that I've seen. And even they had lost I think they would have legitimized themselves a bit. And Justin Jefferson 1-up ing Diggs was just awesome.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#522 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,313 posts

Posted 13 November 2022 - 06:19 PM

I better start gearing up to comfort the locals when the Vikings inevitably crash this season, like always.

#523 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 13 November 2022 - 06:35 PM

Vikings win what might be tge best game I've seen all year.

Watching the Packers Cowboys game.

Aaron Rodgers should retire. He has the body language of someone who is mailing it in.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#524 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,790 posts

Posted 13 November 2022 - 07:30 PM

Second straight week where Josh Allen has made some critical mistakes that helped lead to a loss.  That game could become huge in determining playoff seeding.   I believe Miami is in first place in that division now.  Buffalo still has the schedule advantage in that division.  They play the Jets, Dolphins, and Patriots at home within the division, plus the Patriots on the road.  Their other games are against the Browns, Lions, Bears and Bengals.  Only the Bengals should offer any competition out of those 4.  

The Chiefs now own the #1 seed.  Their schedule includes division games against the Raiders, Chargers, and Broncos twice.  All on the road except for one of the Broncos matchups.  Their out of division games are the Rams, Texans, Seahawks, and Bengals.  Again, only the Bengals can probably stay with them.  

All of that against the backdrop of the Ravens having the easiest remaining schedule in the league.  Realistically, the last regular season game against Cincinnati is the only game where the Ravens might not be the favorite. 

There are 7 playoff spots and there are 7 teams in the AFC with 3 losses or less.  The Bengals have 4.  That could change tonight if the Chargers lose.  That's a lot of teams bunched up in the seeding mix.  

• russsnyder likes this

#525 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 13 November 2022 - 09:50 PM

Watching Cousins and Allen there's no way you're going to talk me out of believing that Diggs and Jefferson don't bail them out regularly. That 100% should have been an INT and Jefferson outmuscled the CB despite only having 1 hand on the ball.
  • russsnyder likes this

#526 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 04:25 AM

Watching Cousins and Allen there's no way you're going to talk me out of believing that Diggs and Jefferson don't bail them out regularly. That 100% should have been an INT and Jefferson outmuscled the CB despite only having 1 hand on the ball.

They made some unbelievable receptions.

#527 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,426 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 07:49 AM

I better start gearing up to comfort the locals when the Vikings inevitably crash this season, like always.

They'll make the playoffs and at that point, who knows.  They're certainly not a great 8-1 team, honestly I don't think they're all that much different than teams of the past few years except that this year they're getting some breaks and the past few years they haven't.  Though there was a pretty big missed call against them on the Bills game-tying drive yesterday that they still overcame.

I am extraordinarily biased, but not sure there's a franchise at this point that's more deserving of a championship than the Vikings.  7th highest NFL win-percentage of all time and no championships.  Want to say they've lost 6 straight NFC Championship games?  Something crazy like that.  And they still have a very loyal fanbase that travels great.  Those locals deserve something good.

• You Play to Win the Game and Dupin like this

#528 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 08:22 AM

It does feel like the Vikings are 1 and done in the playoffs. I can get behind rooting for them though. 

#529 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,011 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 08:39 AM

Inexcusable that the refs / replay booth didn't stop play to take a closer look on what was a no catch on the Bills final regulation drive to tie the game.  It looked iffy at full speed in real time.  It looked iffy on the first replay.  These folks in the booth have access to all that video and all those angles immediately.  It seemed undeniably questionable enough, especially given the score / situation, to take a minute and look.

If the "concern" is awarding the team an extra timeout that way (unofficially) then put it in the rulebook and enforce with your full on-field officiating staff... all the players on the field need to freeze in place basically while the review is underway.   Turn off the comms systems on both sidelines while the review is on-going.  But you can't have all this video technology and CLEAR video of a no catch available basically INSTANTLY, and still fail to make the right call.  

• russsnyder likes this

#530 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,342 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 November 2022 - 08:40 AM

If it’s not the Ravens, I’d love to see that city and the Vikings win a Super Bowl. That would feel great. I feel the same way about the Bills, though to a much lesser degree due to being in the AFC and having already beaten the Ravens in the playoffs here recently. It’d be cool seeing the Dolphins win one, but I don’t have similar sentiments, because their fans suck and Stephen Ross is a total ass.
  • glenn__davis likes this

#531 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,677 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 09:45 AM

The Ringer: Winners and Losers of NFL Week 10

#532 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,677 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 09:57 AM

CBS Sports: NFL Week 10 overreactions and reality checks: Can Kirk Cousins reach the Super Bowl? Is Josh Allen regressing?

https://www.cbssport...len-regressing/

CBS Sports: NFL Week 10 grades: Tom Brady's Buccaneers earn an 'A-' for win in Germany; Raiders get an 'F' for ugly loss

https://www.cbssport...-for-ugly-loss/

#533 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 14 November 2022 - 10:46 AM

What wacko is calling Allen's performance regression?  He has a UCL injury in his throwing arm for crying out loud.

#534 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,426 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 02:07 PM

I don't disagree in general...but on that play in particular, it was 4th and very long, late in the game.  The Vikings had to convert or the game was basically over.  Cousins had no choice but to just throw the ball up and hope Jefferson made the play.

#535 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 03:18 PM

Inexcusable that the refs / replay booth didn't stop play to take a closer look on what was a no catch on the Bills final regulation drive to tie the game. It looked iffy at full speed in real time. It looked iffy on the first replay. These folks in the booth have access to all that video and all those angles immediately. It seemed undeniably questionable enough, especially given the score / situation, to take a minute and look.

If the "concern" is awarding the team an extra timeout that way (unofficially) then put it in the rulebook and enforce with your full on-field officiating staff... all the players on the field need to freeze in place basically while the review is underway. Turn off the comms systems on both sidelines while the review is on-going. But you can't have all this video technology and CLEAR video of a no catch available basically INSTANTLY, and still fail to make the right call.

That was curious to say the least.

#536 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,342 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 November 2022 - 10:08 PM

The Commanders have run 61 plays to the Eagles 22 halfway through the 3rd quarter.

#537 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,313 posts

Posted 15 November 2022 - 12:42 AM

They'll make the playoffs and at that point, who knows.  They're certainly not a great 8-1 team, honestly I don't think they're all that much different than teams of the past few years except that this year they're getting some breaks and the past few years they haven't.  Though there was a pretty big missed call against them on the Bills game-tying drive yesterday that they still overcame.

I am extraordinarily biased, but not sure there's a franchise at this point that's more deserving of a championship than the Vikings.  7th highest NFL win-percentage of all time and no championships.  Want to say they've lost 6 straight NFC Championship games?  Something crazy like that.  And they still have a very loyal fanbase that travels great.  Those locals deserve something good.

I'd love to see them win if it's not the Ravens.  Minnesota sports fans have not had a good run.

#538 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,677 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 07:52 AM

CBS Sports: NFL Week 11 picks: Titans shock Packers, Vikings beat stumbling Cowboys, Patriots get sweep of Jets

https://www.cbssport...-sweep-of-jets/

#539 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,677 posts

Posted 16 November 2022 - 07:57 AM

Football Outsiders: DVOA As of Nov. 15th

https://www.football...2022/afc-beasts

#540 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner