1202 replies to this topic

#281 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 07:13 AM

I am very biased, but I've thought the Vikings have had a roster good enough to compete with GB the past few years and it just didn't come together.  After Zimmer was gone it seemed more and more evident that he had lost the players.  Not proclaiming the new coach a winner after 1 game but I wonder if just getting rid of Zimmer will give them a boost.

I lost all respect for Zimmer after he threw their kicker (Blair Walsh I think) under the bus when he missed a short FG that would have won a playoff game against Seattle.  As I recall, they played the game in an outdoor college stadium because the Vikings were building a new stadium.  The weather was below 0 that day and the field was frozen.  Sure he probably should have made the kick, but it wasn't under ideal conditions.  I don't think it won Zimmer much love among any of the players.

I also heard he and Cousins didn't have a good relationship.  I've felt Minnesota was always better than what they were getting on the field and I think now that Zimmer is gone they may finally show it.  

#282 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 11:32 AM

ESPN: Week 2 Power Rankings

https://www.espn.com...es-stood-week-1

#283 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 02:50 PM

I lost all respect for Zimmer after he threw their kicker (Blair Walsh I think) under the bus when he missed a short FG that would have won a playoff game against Seattle.  As I recall, they played the game in an outdoor college stadium because the Vikings were building a new stadium.  The weather was below 0 that day and the field was frozen.  Sure he probably should have made the kick, but it wasn't under ideal conditions.  I don't think it won Zimmer much love among any of the players.

I also heard he and Cousins didn't have a good relationship.  I've felt Minnesota was always better than what they were getting on the field and I think now that Zimmer is gone they may finally show it.  

Well in fairness to Zimmer, that was an awesome day totally ruined by Blair Walsh.  Bud Grant at 90 years old came out for the coin toss in a T-shirt in near zero degree wind chill.  The Vikings made a great drive in the final minute to set up an easy game-winning FG that Walsh missed.  

But yeah - seems more and more like Zimmer may have been a good defensive mind but a real negative person to be around.  I'm optimistic for MIN this year...but I am most years.

#284 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 14 September 2022 - 07:49 AM

The Ringer: NFL Power Rankings: The Bills and Chiefs Dominate Week 1

#285 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 14 September 2022 - 08:05 AM

CBS Sports: Prisco's NFL Week 2 picks: Saints knock off Tom Brady again, Chiefs outlast Chargers in AFC West shootout

https://www.cbssport...-west-shootout/

#286 BSLSidSaraf

BSLSidSaraf

NFL Analyst

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 14 September 2022 - 12:06 PM

BSL: 2022 NFL: Week 2 Preview

https://baltimorespo...week-2-preview/

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#287 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 15 September 2022 - 08:43 AM

The Ringer: Chiefs-Chargers Offers a Test of Both Quarterbacks—and Their Deep Passing Games

#288 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 15 September 2022 - 08:01 PM

Wild play from Mahomes for a TD. His classic, innate improv ability on full display.

#289 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 September 2022 - 08:42 PM

Anyone else having problems with the picture being blurry on and off.

@mikeghg

#290 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 September 2022 - 09:03 PM

Couple little buffering situations but it’s been good overall for me Mike.

I think I like this Al and Herby booth.

#291 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 15 September 2022 - 09:08 PM

17-14 Chargers... 7:22 left in the 3rd.   KC kicking off after their latest score.

#292 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 15 September 2022 - 10:17 PM

Live by the pass, die by the interception.

#293 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 September 2022 - 10:21 PM

Great game. How sick is Herbert? That offense should probably be better.

#294 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 05:12 AM

Couple little buffering situations but it’s been good overall for me Mike.

I think I like this Al and Herby booth.

Going from Collinsworth to literally anyone is quite an upgrade for Al Michaels.

#295 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 08:25 AM

Sports Tonight: NFL Talk - Previewing Week 2

https://anchor.fm/sp...-Week-2-e1nu9e4

#296 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 09:22 AM

Great game. How sick is Herbert? That offense should probably be better.

I don't know what to make of Herbert. He was hurt, obviously, but just threw away an easy first down he could have slid for. Settled for 4th and 1 where he, somehow, as hurt as he was, torqued hard enough to unleash a bullet into basically a closed window to keep them alive. One play was the stuff of losers. One was how the F did he do that amazing.

He's got superb arm strength which helps his fit balls in places other guys might not. His numbers are great. Just wonder how much "winner" he's got in him. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#297 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,970 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 09:44 AM

I don't know what to make of Herbert. He was hurt, obviously, but just threw away an easy first down he could have slid for. Settled for 4th and 1 where he, somehow, as hurt as he was, torqued hard enough to unleash a bullet into basically a closed window to keep them alive. One play was the stuff of losers. One was how the F did he do that amazing.

He's got superb arm strength which helps his fit balls in places other guys might not. His numbers are great. Just wonder how much "winner" he's got in him.

Hes the new Flacco. Well pre 2013 Flacco

#298 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,640 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 10:37 AM

Flacco never had half the talent Herbert possesses. The Baltimore Ravens organization (executive, scouting, drafting, development, coaching, etc) is where the two are an order of magnitude apart. 

#299 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 08:34 AM

ESPN: NFL Week 2 game picks, schedule guide, fantasy football tips, odds, injuries, stats to know and more

https://www.espn.com...stats-know-more

#300 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 09:03 AM

I think he’s the opposite. Flacco didnt have big numbers but did it when it mattered and was a winner.

I’m thinking he’s more like Derek Carr, or Andy Dalton, but with better numbers. He’s gonna have big games. But over the course of a season, kind of a loser. First round playoff exits when they get there. I also blame that partly on the franchise itself.

@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=