• Please log in to reply
1202 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 14 February 2022 - 10:22 AM

CBS Sports: Super Bowl 2023 odds: Chiefs favored to win it all next season; Rams own third-best odds to repeat

https://www.cbssport...odds-to-repeat/

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 14 February 2022 - 10:29 AM

Balt SunWay-too-early NFL power rankings: 2022 Ravens can still contend in crowded AFC

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 14 February 2022 - 10:32 AM

ESPN: Early NFL Power Rankings for 2022: 1-32 poll, and where Super Bowl teams Rams and Bengals land

https://www.espn.com...ms-bengals-land

#4 BSLLukeRollfinke

BSLLukeRollfinke

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 14 February 2022 - 03:58 PM

Calling it now: Bengals will win less than 10 games next year. They are the equivalent of last year's Browns: a team on a miracle run who is playing well above what they really are. The Ravens and Steelers still run the North.

• makoman likes this
@LukeRollfinke

#5 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 14 February 2022 - 04:16 PM

Playing a first place schedule and having the 31st pick isn't exactly an ideal combo so I can see that

she/her

#6 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,404 posts

Posted 14 February 2022 - 04:50 PM

Calling it now: Bengals will win less than 10 games next year. They are the equivalent of last year's Browns: a team on a miracle run who is playing well above what they really are. The Ravens and Steelers still run the North.

It’s plausible. #2 pick Wentz was looking like an MVP in his second year when they won the Super Bowl. Eagles haven’t won 10 games since. In this league you constantly have to prove it.

#7 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,617 posts

Posted 14 February 2022 - 05:06 PM

I think it's more likely the Bengals win the AFC North by 2 or 3 games. If they get their OL situation straightened out, that is (they apparently have a bunch of cap room to get it sorted out, as well). Too many issues with the Ravens D to consider the team elite at this point. 

#8 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,834 posts

Posted 14 February 2022 - 05:08 PM

Cincy isnt going to be special. 11 wins is their ceiling.  Now I think they are a good chance to be in the 8-11 range but not a #1 seed contender

#9 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,617 posts

Posted 14 February 2022 - 05:40 PM

Cincy isnt going to be special. 11 wins is their ceiling.  Now I think they are a good chance to be in the 8-11 range but not a #1 seed contender

They've got over 55 million in cap space to get better. Hell, if not for Aaron Donald, I'd guess the Bengals win that game by two TDs. 

#10 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 14 February 2022 - 08:15 PM

I think a lot of Cincinnati's upside depends on how they address their offensive line this offseason.  They clearly have one of the best trio of skill players in the league with Burrow, Chase, and Mixon.  Their defense is not great, but not terrible.  The O-line is their biggest weakness.  I thought this year was where they might be next year in terms of being a winning team.  

I see them as an 11-12 win team next year.  They may have a 1st place schedule, but their inter-conference schedule is Dallas, Tampa, Carolina, New Orleans, and Atlanta.  Couple that with games against Miami and NY Jets and you already have 7 games they should be favored in.  If you give them splits in the AFC North, (and I think they could go 4-2) that gets them to 10 potential wins.  They have KC and Buffalo at home, Tenn and NE on the road.   

If they fix the O-line they should at least be a factor in the AFC for years.  

#11 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,834 posts

Posted 14 February 2022 - 09:50 PM

I hate to say it but if Pitt finds a competant QB that +6000 will look like terrific value

#12 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 February 2022 - 09:52 PM

I hate to say it but if Pitt finds a competant QB that +6000 will look like terrific value

Evidently they aren't picking up Bush's 5th year option, so that's a huge bust at MLB for Pittsburgh. Not that it changes your point. They still have HOF level talent at safety and edge rusher. But their run defense was horrendous, and so was their offensive line. Neither will be easy fixes. And getting that competent QB is a big if, but I tend to agree. With a good QB, they're dangerous. 

I'm more scared of Cinci though. They have nailed their FA signings lately, and have some really quality home grown talent beyond Burrow and Chase. They've got the cap room to fix their OLine. One name that could definitely happen, is Scherff from the Commanders. He said if he didn't come back to Washington, he'd like to go to the Midwest somewhere, so that's an obvious fit. They've been drafting well for a while now too. Give Burrow a line, with those receivers (which he'll still have another 2+ years before some start getting too expensive), this is their window, just like we just went through our window. They've got a great chance to put a complete roster together and win a championship IMO.

#13 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 07:01 AM

Evidently they aren't picking up Bush's 5th year option, so that's a huge bust at MLB for Pittsburgh. Not that it changes your point. They still have HOF level talent at safety and edge rusher. But their run defense was horrendous, and so was their offensive line. Neither will be easy fixes. And getting that competent QB is a big if, but I tend to agree. With a good QB, they're dangerous. 

I'm more scared of Cinci though. They have nailed their FA signings lately, and have some really quality home grown talent beyond Burrow and Chase. They've got the cap room to fix their OLine. One name that could definitely happen, is Scherff from the Commanders. He said if he didn't come back to Washington, he'd like to go to the Midwest somewhere, so that's an obvious fit. They've been drafting well for a while now too. Give Burrow a line, with those receivers (which he'll still have another 2+ years before some start getting too expensive), this is their window, just like we just went through our window. They've got a great chance to put a complete roster together and win a championship IMO.

Cinci will need to hit on late rd picks and not top 5 picks in each rd.

#14 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 06:38 PM

CBS Sports: Five NFL teams poised to take a big leap in 2022: Jaguars, Chargers among clubs with tools to improve

https://www.cbssport...ols-to-improve/

#15 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 16 February 2022 - 08:05 AM

CBS Sports: NFL MVP odds, picks for 2022 season: Joe Burrow, Dak Prescott lead list of value picks to take home award

https://www.cbssport...ake-home-award/

#16 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 17 February 2022 - 08:40 AM

The Ringer: The Era of the Mercenary Quarterback Is Here

#17 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 18 February 2022 - 08:35 AM

CBS Sports: 2022 NFL Free Agency: Projected free agents, cap space, needs for every team this offseason

https://www.cbssport...this-offseason/

#18 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 19 February 2022 - 07:28 AM

CBS Sports: Ranking the top 25 NFL free agents on defense in 2022: Von Miller, Chandler Jones set to hit the open market

https://www.cbssport...he-open-market/

#19 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 19 February 2022 - 07:36 AM

ESPN: 2022 NFL predictions: Experts debate MVP and next year's Super Bowl, plus most interesting teams

https://www.espn.com...teresting-teams

#20 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 19 February 2022 - 05:27 PM

CBS Sports: Top 25 NFL free agents on offense in 2022: Davante Adams leads list of dynamic talent no longer under contract

https://www.cbssport...under-contract/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=