Photo

Balt Sun: Orioles altering Camden Yards’ left-field dimensions amid ballpark’s historic home run binge

• Please log in to reply
953 replies to this topic

#861 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,970 posts

Posted 02 May 2022 - 07:31 AM

And still on pace for 103 losses. Imagine if they tried a tiny bit to field an actual team.

If they tried a tiny bit they'd maybe only lose 90?

#862 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 02 May 2022 - 07:53 PM

Team ERA 3.68. The wall is working. jamesdean is a genius.  :mrgreen:

• Mike B and jamesdean like this

#863 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 02 May 2022 - 09:48 PM

Good thing DJ Stewart didn’t try to catch that Odor hit into Elrod’s Corner…
  • Mike B likes this

#864 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 May 2022 - 09:27 AM

Good thing DJ Stewart didn’t try to catch that Odor hit into Elrod’s Corner…

DJ Stewart and try to catch do not seem to go together.

• BSLSteveBirrer likes this
@mikeghg

#865 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 May 2022 - 09:57 AM

I got to see the left field wall on OD, and I really did not like the box look in LF, but it is clearly factoring in to the low run production at Camden Yards.  I think the extra distance is fine, but I think they went too far on the height.  I think they decided the footage they wanted , which determined how many rows needed to be taken out, and that determined the height of the wall.  I have a feeling that the next adjustment, may be to put a fence about 5 feet in front of the current wall.  Maybe about 8 feet tall.

@mikeghg

#866 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,410 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 03 May 2022 - 10:42 AM

I got to see the left field wall on OD, and I really did not like the box look in LF, but it is clearly factoring in to the low run production at Camden Yards.  I think the extra distance is fine, but I think they went too far on the height.  I think they decided the footage they wanted , which determined how many rows needed to be taken out, and that determined the height of the wall.  I have a feeling that the next adjustment, may be to put a fence about 5 feet in front of the current wall.  Maybe about 8 feet tall.

Yeah, they had no choice on the height. Maybe down the road they can add one of those field-level "social" areas that are so popular now in between the seats and a new fence. They'd probably need to remove even more rows of LF seats to create the space needed, but that would enable a shorter fence in front. Just a thought, if they're looking for ideas on what to do with that $600M MSA is setting aside for them.

• Mike B likes this

#867 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 May 2022 - 11:06 AM

Yeah, they had no choice on the height. Maybe down the road they can add one of those field-level "social" areas that are so popular now in between the seats and a new fence. They'd probably need to remove even more rows of LF seats to create the space needed, but that would enable a shorter fence in front. Just a thought, if they're looking for ideas on what to do with that $600M MSA is setting aside for them.

I like that idea.  I think they rushed into the new configurations, but it does not mean it has to stay the same.

@mikeghg

#868 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,410 posts

Posted 03 May 2022 - 11:12 AM

I think they rushed into the new configurations...

Now you've gone and done it. 50 more pages for this thread.

200.gif

• Mike B and fishteacher like this

#869 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 May 2022 - 12:54 PM

Now you've gone and done it. 50 more pages for this thread.

200.gif

That wasn't my intent, but this may be the thread that surges over 1 million posts

@mikeghg

#870 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,213 posts

Posted 03 May 2022 - 02:29 PM

If you love pitching, then you've got to love the wall. That's what it's there for. So far, so good.

#871 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,257 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 03 May 2022 - 03:01 PM

If you love pitching, then you've got to love the wall. That's what it's there for. So far, so good.

I like it. Its one of the reasons I hated slow pitch softball. Freaking HR derby. Ok I couldnt' hit the ball that far...lol. 

• jamesdean likes this

#872 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,213 posts

Posted 03 May 2022 - 03:44 PM

I like it. Its one of the reasons I hated slow pitch softball. Freaking HR derby. Ok I couldnt' hit the ball that far...lol. 

That's a perfect description of the original dimensions- a softball field. It was a joke.

#873 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,410 posts

Posted 18 May 2022 - 12:18 PM

Add the Yankees to the list of whiners.

https://www.cbssport...ree-homer-game/

• DuffMan and Mike in STL like this

#874 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 May 2022 - 01:17 PM

Add the Yankees to the list of whiners.

https://www.cbssport...ree-homer-game/

I don't like the way the wall looks and I think the design of and the execution of the project was rushed.  However, if it pisses off the Yankees, then that is good.

Boone's" build a ballpark" line IMO, is rich given his team plays in a ballpark that is a joke.  

• makoman likes this
@mikeghg

#875 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 May 2022 - 01:33 PM

I am anxious to see how the wall plays when it is 90 degrees and the ball is flying.  I think we are going to see a lot of baseballs slamming off the mountain.

@mikeghg

#876 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,213 posts

Posted 18 May 2022 - 02:58 PM

I don't like the way the wall looks and I think the design of and the execution of the project was rushed. However, if it pisses off the Yankees, then that is good.
Boone's" build a ballpark" line IMO, is rich given his team plays in a ballpark that is a joke.

Tell me about it. Another softball field. What a bunch of cry babies. Judge should be glad he's not playing in the original Yankee Stadium. He would be beside himself.
  • Mike B and CantonJester like this

#877 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 May 2022 - 03:14 PM

Tell me about it. Another softball field. What a bunch of cry babies. Judge should be glad he's not playing in the original Yankee Stadium. He would be beside himself.

RF at Yankee stadium is the biggest joke in baseball.  Judge is an incredible talent and does not need to whine about another teams ball park.

FWIW, I like the distance of our LF wall.  I don't like the way it looks or the height of the wall.  It may prove to be fair, as the weather warms.

@mikeghg

#878 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,640 posts

Posted 18 May 2022 - 04:20 PM

RF at Yankee stadium is the biggest joke in baseball.  Judge is an incredible talent and does not need to whine about another teams ball park.

FWIW, I like the distance of our LF wall.  I don't like the way it looks or the height of the wall.  It may prove to be fair, as the weather warms.

Judge and Boone are fools for complaining about the new LF configuration at OPCY, but ease up on YSIII being the biggest joke in baseball. Fenway, Arlington and Coors Field all have higher hitter profiles than YSIII does. Coors Field, hilariously so. 

#879 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,213 posts

Posted 18 May 2022 - 06:10 PM

Judge and Boone are fools for complaining about the new LF configuration at OPCY, but ease up on YSIII being the biggest joke in baseball. Fenway, Arlington and Coors Field all have higher hitter profiles than YSIII does. Coors Field, hilariously so. 

In the last five years, Yankee Stadium gave up more homeruns than any place not named Camden Yards. That's mainly my what we were talking about.
  • BaltBird 24 likes this

#880 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 18 May 2022 - 06:20 PM

In the last five years, Yankee Stadium gave up more homeruns than any place not named Camden Yards. That's mainly my what we were talking about.

Trotting out a AAAA staff on a nightly basis didn't help, either.
  • weird-O and bmore_ken like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=