Photo

Balt Sun: Orioles altering Camden Yards’ left-field dimensions amid ballpark’s historic home run binge

• Please log in to reply
953 replies to this topic

#801 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 08:44 PM

Of course he said that...what else was he going to say?  "Sorry guys, I have to sit here and defend this nonsense even though there's a bunch of things I'd rather be doing."

LOL. No, he didnt have to say that. Was he playing the long  game when he told Palmer about doing it last year. 

#802 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,876 posts

Posted 30 March 2022 - 12:38 PM

The O's are having an open house at Camden Yards on Saturday.  They're trying to sell season tickets, so it might be a little like going to a timeshare presentation.  Still, a good chance to get a look at the new wall...

#803 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 30 March 2022 - 12:41 PM

Elias laying it on thick today dude. Really selling how excited he is about the change. 

#804 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 March 2022 - 12:48 PM

Elias laying it on thick today dude. Really selling how excited he is about the change. 

Too swamped at work to tune in, what's the gist?

#805 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 30 March 2022 - 12:50 PM

Too swamped at work to tune in, what's the gist?

Again just reiterated that he's excited about the change. Said it was just too extreme.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#806 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 March 2022 - 12:51 PM

Again just reiterated that he's excited about the change. Said it was just too extreme.

Did he express frustration over the fact that MLB approved the plan when they were expecting them not to, thus getting backed into a corner and actually following through with the plan that wasn't at all intentional?

• Mike in STL and bmore_ken like this

#807 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 30 March 2022 - 12:55 PM

Did he express frustration over the fact that MLB approved the plan when they were expecting them not to, thus getting backed into a corner and actually following through with the plan that wasn't at all intentional?

No, he sold it really well. Probably a great poker player.  Did mention again that as long as Bradish, Hall, and GRod are performing that we could see them relatively soon.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#808 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,876 posts

Posted 06 April 2022 - 10:38 AM

278025056_10151873011249990_851384816860

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#809 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,876 posts

Posted 06 April 2022 - 10:39 AM

278006845_10151873011254990_131910962047

• BSLChrisStoner and Mike in STL like this

#810 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,137 posts

Posted 06 April 2022 - 10:44 AM

I see a lot of room for Mountcastle and Hays long fly balls to die. Hopefully it'll have a positive impact on the pitching side.

#811 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 06 April 2022 - 10:45 AM

Just to refresh my memory, where they unable to push back the BP? Or did they just like the quirky dimensions of leaving it as is, like PNC Park.

Good news! I saw a dog today.

#812 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,876 posts

Posted 06 April 2022 - 10:52 AM

I think it's that moving the bullpen is a bigger job - there's plumbing involved, etc.  And maybe moving it to under the scoreboard would have interfered with the hitters' background?  It will be interesting to see if they leave the right angle there permanently. 

• weird-O likes this

#813 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 06 April 2022 - 11:18 AM

I don't mind the hard angle in left-center but the jog around the foul pole area bothers me.  It draws the eye and sticks out from both the upper deck and behind home plate perspectives.

#814 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 April 2022 - 11:27 AM

It all looks nice for the most part. Surprising given they didn’t want to actually do it and their hands were forced once it was approved by MLB. Amazing they could do all this without renderings too. What a miracle. A modern, Orioles Magic miracle.
  • Pedro Cerrano, BaltBird 24, Mike in STL and 3 others like this

#815 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 06 April 2022 - 11:28 AM

They could have avoided the 90-degree angles without having to move the bullpen, and just angled the cut-out towards the front of the BP, leaving a few more seats in the far left-center seating section. I don't like the look myself. It looks contrived and something that was shoe-horned in rather than part of the initial stadium design (though I'm sure part of that is just 30 years of being used to the original design). I do hope they can give it a better aesthetic once they have a new lease and money is allocated for future upgrades.

#816 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 06 April 2022 - 11:37 AM

It all looks nice for the most part. Surprising given they didn’t want to actually do it and their hands were forced once it was approved by MLB. Amazing they could do all this without renderings too. What a miracle. A modern, Orioles Magic miracle.

Was just thinking the same thing.

#817 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 06 April 2022 - 11:37 AM

I like it.

#818 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,018 posts

Posted 06 April 2022 - 02:00 PM

I think it looks great and I like the quirky angles. Gives the outfield a unique quality.

#819 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,592 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 06 April 2022 - 07:47 PM

Was just thinking the same thing.

Nothing has changed.  Since the day they started construction (before it was announced), we were going to wind up here.

Nothing has changed any of the facts.  If you guys want to re-litigate anything, whatever, you don't think I can respond?  I posted a (correct) answer to MikeFast's questions and you guys melted down over literally nothing.  I hadn't commented here in over a month before that (20 Feb, I think).

The wall is exactly what it is.  We got here exactly how we got here.  Elias has done the absolute minimum since 11 Jan.  Nothing has been presented which changes anything I've said.  Nothing.

For guys that were in meltdown mode over nothing, you seem desperate to get me to engage.  That's trolling, right?

Anything you still want to discuss about it, let me know.  

#820 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 April 2022 - 08:06 PM

Trolling a troll isn't trolling, it's giving someone a taste of their own medicine. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=