3122 replies to this topic

#1961 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 03:22 PM

Harbaugh said Bowser and Gus could return to practice this week. Both would be extremely helpful.

Gus in particular would be extremely helpful.

#1962 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 03:57 PM

I'd love a healthy Gus available in short yardage. 

I think part of Oweh's problem is he's been replacing Bowser's spot, so including a bunch of coverage too. He's also getting no rest. Bowser's big plus is he's good at everything, Oweh is still very raw and just can't replace that, let him focus on getting better at rushing. So hopefully Bowser coming back improves multiple spots.

• PrimeTime likes this

#1963 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 03:58 PM

Even if he returns, it will likely be at a sub-standard level. I think it's telling that even though he and Marcus Peters suffered what was reported to be the same injury (on the same day), one is back and the other started the year on the PUP list. 

#1964 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 04:18 PM

Even if he returns, it will likely be at a sub-standard level. I think it's telling that even though he and Marcus Peters suffered what was reported to be the same injury (on the same day), one is back and the other started the year on the PUP list. 

His substandard is still an upgrade over the retreads.

#1965 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,552 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 03 October 2022 - 04:24 PM

It's nowhere near what we experienced last year when we were starting our 5th string CBs and putting in UPS drivers in dime packages, but losing Fuller and Pierce this early in the season, especially with the way Pierce has been playing, has kind of been a killer.  Even when you go next man up, Pierce was playing at a really high level and you can't just replace that production.  Fuller has been so reliable his entire career, and then gets injured his first game and we're forced to play Pepe and JAD way more snaps than they should be playing.  I've got to think that if Pierce is playing today, we bottle up Allen a lot better than we did.

I'm trying to keep a level head about this game.  It was a close game against a super bowl contender, decided by 1 extremely questionable decision that led to a game winning drive.  You play the last 5 minutes of  the game over 10 times and it's probably 50/50, maybe even 60/40 since we had the ball and were driving in Bills territory.  I used to think that Allen got boosted by the Bills adding Diggs to the roster, but he's legitimately improved on almost every aspect of his game since his rookie year.  At this point if you take Diggs out of the team Allen probably still competes for the MVP most years.  He kind of reminds me of Big Ben minus the rapeyness, with his arm and the way he can extend plays, except Allen is way faster and more elusive when scrambling.

#1966 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 04:32 PM

I'd love a healthy Gus available in short yardage. 

Spencer N. Schultz
@ravens4dummies
Well done as usual Dan.

Wanna know who the best power situation back in the NFL has been since he entered the league?

Gus Bus has converted 38/48 first downs on 3rd and 3 or less, and 4/7 4th and 3 or less.

That's 76%

Zeke is next closest at 76/103

• You Play to Win the Game and Mike in STL like this

#1967 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 04:47 PM

I wish they would utilize Ricard more often in short yardage situations. If you needed 1-3 yards, I'm pretty confident he'd pick it up.
  • PrimeTime likes this

#1968 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 04:58 PM

While we are pilling on. Its early. MacDOnald gets time. Harbaugh looks like an idiot right now for firing Wink

#1969 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 04:59 PM

I wish they would utilize Ricard more often in short yardage situations. If you needed 1-3 yards, I'm pretty confident he'd pick it up.

He got 3 yards yesterday on 3rd and 1. Got 5 against Miami on 3rd and 1. 

Last year he had 2 rushes for 2 yards each (vs KC and Chi), both converting 3rd and 1.

So yeah, he's had success. 

#1970 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 05:10 PM

We are tied with the Eagles for takeaways in the NFL. We are second in turnover differential in the league behind the Eagles. We are stuck in this 2-2 mediocrity. Its frustrating as hell. Again, IM still a Harbaugh guy for now but I put our two losses mostly on him and this coaching staff

#1971 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 05:26 PM

Ricard had a good game overall yesterday, but on one of the goal line runs late before the infamous 4th down pick... somebody got under him, drove him like 5 yards back it seemed, and more or less body slammed him. Don't recall who, but I'd have my agent email that clip to the team when contract talks come up... what he did to Ricard was downright nasty and rude.

#1972 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 05:40 PM

Ricard had a good game overall yesterday, but on one of the goal line runs late before the infamous 4th down pick... somebody got under him, drove him like 5 yards back it seemed, and more or less body slammed him. Don't recall who, but I'd have my agent email that clip to the team when contract talks come up... what he did to Ricard was downright nasty and rude.

Shouldn't that be holding? (LOL)

#1973 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,445 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 06:47 PM

So what's up with Hill?

#1974 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 06:49 PM

So what's up with Hill?

I heard he was out for a few games.

#1975 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 07:14 PM

Was a hammy for Hill.

#1976 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 October 2022 - 10:45 AM

So what's up with Hill?

Hamstring, but Harbs said he dodged a bullet and the medical report was good news, but who the hell knows.

He does make a difference when he is in the game.

@mikeghg

#1977 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 October 2022 - 03:02 PM

Bowser and Edwards supposedly returning to practice tomorrow.

Koller is still a no go.

@mikeghg

#1978 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 05:03 PM

Bowser and Edwards supposedly returning to practice tomorrow.

Koller is still a no go.

There's virtually no chance Bowser and Edwards will play but its at least encouraging they're in pads. Now if we could get the enigma Stanley in an actual game, things might be looking up.

#1979 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 October 2022 - 09:41 PM

There's virtually no chance Bowser and Edwards will play but its at least encouraging they're in pads. Now if we could get the enigma Stanley in an actual game, things might be looking up.

Harbs said they will not play.  They are returning to practice.

As for Ronnie, I think he plays this week, but if not, we should stop talking about him.  JMO.

I thought Faalele did pretty well last week.

• PrimeTime and JStruds like this
@mikeghg

#1980 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 October 2022 - 09:43 PM

I don’t have the snap count breakdown but firing from the hip, it looked like he was getting a lot of help, but agree Faalele has been impressive so far all things considering.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=