3122 replies to this topic

#1141 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 26 May 2022 - 05:28 AM

I don't think anybody expected him to be there, so not sure why this is news.

Everybody expected him to be there. That's why it's news. 

#1142 BSLMikeFast

BSLMikeFast

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted 26 May 2022 - 07:41 AM

Ravens sign QB Brett Hundley

@MikeFastNFL

#1143 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 May 2022 - 01:59 PM

Ravens sign QB Brett Hundley

Camp body for the OTA's.  

@mikeghg

#1144 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 26 May 2022 - 02:40 PM

Camp body for the OTA's.

No way! It's clearly a message to Lamar that they are ready to move on. Hundley For Starter 2022!!!
  • Mike B and bmore_ken like this

#1145 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 May 2022 - 03:43 PM

No way! It's clearly a message to Lamar that they are ready to move on. Hundley For Starter 2022!!!

No doubt, they clearly wanted Stony Case, but thought 50 years old, might be too old.

@mikeghg

#1146 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,072 posts

Posted 28 May 2022 - 10:21 AM

Balt SunRavens QB Lamar Jackson says he’ll attend OTAs: ‘Find something else to talk about’

#1147 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,984 posts

Posted 28 May 2022 - 10:26 AM

I mean, he can say that all he likes, but when he's not interested in signing a long term deal right now, and has been as vague about what he wants and when he wants it, people are going to talk. He creates this narrative.

#1148 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 28 May 2022 - 11:01 AM

Balt SunRavens QB Lamar Jackson says he’ll attend OTAs: ‘Find something else to talk about’

Of course it's voluntary and it's really not a big deal that Lamar wasn't here. With that said, considering he missed the last 5 games of the season and all of the weirdness surrounding his contract status/future with the organization, it is a bad look. Or, at a minimum, it's a perception issue to some degree.
  • Hooded Viper likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#1149 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,413 posts

Posted 31 May 2022 - 03:15 PM

Kyle Fuller officially signed today. Jeff Z said he heard 1/2.5M but could not confirm, should know in a couple days. That would be great for a former All Pro, he had a bad year last year but there is potential there and maybe coming home to Baltimore rejuvenates him a bit. He's a year older than Peters.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#1150 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 05 June 2022 - 10:36 AM

Saw something in the last few days that has roughly 10 million under the cap. With 8 more draft picks left to sign, is there anyone more cap savvy than me that knows how much space we will have to allocate for those unsigned players? I would assume that's why we haven't made any move to bolster WR because we need to carry some cap space into the season.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#1151 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 June 2022 - 11:31 AM

Saw something in the last few days that has roughly 10 million under the cap. With 8 more draft picks left to sign, is there anyone more cap savvy than me that knows how much space we will have to allocate for those unsigned players? I would assume that's why we haven't made any move to bolster WR because we need to carry some cap space into the season.

If you listen to Jason LaConfora on The Fan, the Cap is soft, therefore meaningless, and the Ravens are essentially as cheap as the O’s. He’s getting harder and harder to listen to.
  • Hooded Viper and PrimeTime like this

#1152 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,935 posts

Posted 05 June 2022 - 11:42 AM

Obviously things can happen to derail a season but Im pretty damn optimistic as of now. I think McDonald and his new toys can make the defense more dynamic and if the OL is healthy and gels I think they be a top 5 unit in the league. That should lead to Lamar being excellent again. Biggest concern right now is the health and timeline on Dobbins and Edwards

#1153 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,935 posts

Posted 05 June 2022 - 11:44 AM

EDC said at the end of year presser he feels like he made a mistake last year being so up against the cap. Didnt allow him to take pursue some trade opportunites in season. 

#1154 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 05 June 2022 - 12:10 PM

Obviously things can happen to derail a season but Im pretty damn optimistic as of now. I think McDonald and his new toys can make the defense more dynamic and if the OL is healthy and gels I think they be a top 5 unit in the league. That should lead to Lamar being excellent again. Biggest concern right now is the health and timeline on Dobbins and Edwards

Even with the questionable timelines for Edwards and Dobbins. I like Davis and Badie more than anyone we had last season. Edwards worries me a bit being older for a RB. But Dobbins should be fine.

#1155 BSLMikeFast

BSLMikeFast

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted 06 June 2022 - 07:10 AM

I have to say I liked Latavius and Devonta. Davis and Badie seem good, but how they ultimately perform in this team remains an unknown. On paper though, they look good.

• bmore_ken likes this
@MikeFastNFL

#1156 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 07 June 2022 - 09:43 AM

I have to say I liked Latavius and Devonta. Davis and Badie seem good, but how they ultimately perform in this team remains an unknown. On paper though, they look good.

Freeman wasn't terrible by the end of the season. But Murray did absolutely nothing to inspire any feelings of likability from me. I've never seen such a big back, go down on first contact so much. I was so over the Murray plays between the tackles for 2 or less yards by the end of the season.

#1157 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,935 posts

Posted 07 June 2022 - 10:20 AM

It was the fit more than the talent. I have no idea how the new guys fit into Roman's likely schemes and plans.

#1158 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 08 June 2022 - 09:58 AM

If you listen to Jason LaConfora on The Fan, the Cap is soft, therefore meaningless, and the Ravens are essentially as cheap as the O’s. He’s getting harder and harder to listen to.

I had a Twitter beef with LaCanfora over baseball some years back. He was all up in arms about some non prospect that we let go because he had like 1 or 2 good starts. I was pointing out his relatively pedestrian minor league numbers, which JLC ignored. Shockingly, the pitcher in question quickly flamed out. At that point, I was done with him.
@primetime667083

#1159 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 08 June 2022 - 10:16 AM

I had a Twitter beef with LaCanfora over baseball some years back. He was all up in arms about some non prospect that we let go because he had like 1 or 2 good starts. I was pointing out his relatively pedestrian minor league numbers, which JLC ignored. Shockingly, the pitcher in question quickly flamed out. At that point, I was done with him.

How anyone can say the Ravens are cheap, is mind boggling.  As for JLC, along with his co host Ken Weinman, they make that show unlistenable.

@mikeghg

#1160 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 June 2022 - 10:19 AM

How anyone can say the Ravens are cheap, is mind boggling.  As for JLC, along with his co host Ken Weinman, they make that show unlistenable.

I mean, he's got some kind of deep beef with the Ravens. It's pretty wild really. I get no org is perfect, and he sees things differently in terms of how they manage the cap - but he takes it to a point that makes the Ravens seem like they're the Orioles instead of the 2-time modern World Champion, consistent, top-class organization that they are.

• Mike B likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=