#201 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,322 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 01 December 2022 - 01:46 PM

Is there gonna be anyone left to throw the ball to in that game? Better call Paul Johnson and see if he can install the triple-option in about two weeks of practices.

It’ll give the projected top guys for next season (Jones, Felton, Smith, Knotts) a chance for some extra reps, so good for their development at least.
@BSLZackKiesel

#202 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,322 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 02 December 2022 - 09:22 AM

Brett McMurphy predicting Maryland to the Quick Lane Bowl (Detroit, MI) against Bowling Green.
@BSLZackKiesel

#203 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,971 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 09:59 AM

Brett McMurphy predicting Maryland to the Quick Lane Bowl (Detroit, MI) against Bowling Green.

Oof. Detroit and the MAC is the least appealing option. 
Well, maybe going back to the Pinstripe Bowl, but at-least there you'd have MD fans. 

Phoenix and Oklahoma would be fun.

#204 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,359 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 02 December 2022 - 10:49 AM

That would explain why there’s no shortage of guys opting out of playing, whereas last year I don’t think anyone did.

#205 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,322 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 03 December 2022 - 02:41 PM

247Sports’ most recent projection has Maryland playing Ohio in the Quick Lane Bowl.
@BSLZackKiesel

#206 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,971 posts

Posted 03 December 2022 - 03:26 PM

Jerry Palm (CBS) still has MD vs. Oklahoma

Sporting News has MD vs. Florida State in the Duke's Mayo

• Greg Pappas likes this

#207 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,359 posts

Posted 03 December 2022 - 05:32 PM

The Big Ten should get 3 teams in CFP/NY6 bowls. Michigan and OSU in the CFP, and either Penn State or Purdue in the Rose Bowl. The rest of the pecking order is, in order of selection: Citrus, ReliaQuest (fka Outback), Music City, Pinstripe, Duke’s Mayo, Guaranteed Rate, Quick Lane.

The conference only has 9 bowl eligible teams. If my math is right, the Terps can go no lower than the Guaranteed Rate Bowl, so the Quick Lane Bowl would be out and they’ll have to pick a leftover at large team.

Also, if this Big Ten document is accurate, the Terps will not make a repeat appearance in the Pinstripe.

https://bigten.org/d...iew.pdf?id=7741

#208 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,322 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 04 December 2022 - 09:09 AM

The Big Ten should get 3 teams in CFP/NY6 bowls. Michigan and OSU in the CFP, and either Penn State or Purdue in the Rose Bowl. The rest of the pecking order is, in order of selection: Citrus, ReliaQuest (fka Outback), Music City, Pinstripe, Duke’s Mayo, Guaranteed Rate, Quick Lane.

The conference only has 9 bowl eligible teams. If my math is right, the Terps can go no lower than the Guaranteed Rate Bowl, so the Quick Lane Bowl would be out and they’ll have to pick a leftover at large team.

Also, if this Big Ten document is accurate, the Terps will not make a repeat appearance in the Pinstripe.

https://bigten.org/d...iew.pdf?id=7741

Yeah, I assume the most recent projections didn’t take USC’s loss into account. Jeff Ermann says it’ll almost certainly be either the Duke’s Mayo Bowl or the Guaranteed Rate Bowl. Either way, we’ll know in a few hours.
@BSLZackKiesel

#209 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,454 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 December 2022 - 09:57 AM

Maybe it’s just me, but outside of the CFP or the big New Years bowls, I honestly couldn’t care less what bowl they are in. It doesn’t mean anything IMO to get the “honor” of playing in the Duke’s Mayo Bowl over the Guaranteed Rate Bowl. I’m just happy to see them once more this year, and hopefully continue to build with the extra practices.
  • makoman likes this

#210 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,322 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 04 December 2022 - 10:20 AM

Maybe it’s just me, but outside of the CFP or the big New Years bowls, I honestly couldn’t care less what bowl they are in. It doesn’t mean anything IMO to get the “honor” of playing in the Duke’s Mayo Bowl over the Guaranteed Rate Bowl. I’m just happy to see them once more this year, and hopefully continue to build with the extra practices.

I’m basically in the same boat. The one thing I will say is that being able to sell recruits on “we’ve been to NYC and Phoenix the last two years” probably works better than “we went to Detroit”. But agree that the extra month of practice is way bigger than anything that happens in the game.
@BSLZackKiesel

#211 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,322 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 04 December 2022 - 10:23 AM

247Sports’ projection from this morning has Maryland in the Duke’s Mayo Bowl vs. N.C. State. Would likely be solid attendance from both schools if that’s the case.
@BSLZackKiesel

#212 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 04 December 2022 - 10:47 AM

247Sports’ projection from this morning has Maryland in the Duke’s Mayo Bowl vs. N.C. State. Would likely be solid attendance from both schools if that’s the case.

3-for-3 playing the ACC since leaving would be funny 

she/her

#213 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,359 posts

Posted 04 December 2022 - 11:15 AM

True, but like Zack said, it’s probably a little more of a recruiting sweetener to say you went to Phoenix to play Oklahoma than to Detroit to play Ohio-Not-State. Though you guys back East might want to root for Duke’s Mayo, since the Guaranteed Rate bowl kicks off at 10:15pm ET.

#214 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,971 posts

Posted 04 December 2022 - 11:45 AM

True, but like Zack said, it’s probably a little more of a recruiting sweetener to say you went to Phoenix to play Oklahoma than to Detroit to play Ohio-Not-State. Though you guys back East might want to root for Duke’s Mayo, since the Guaranteed Rate bowl kicks off at 10:15pm ET.

I also think for the guys playing, there's a bit more motivation playing another major conference team vs. a MAC opponent. 

#215 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,322 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 04 December 2022 - 11:47 AM

Brett McMurphy has updated his projection to this exact same one.

@BSLZackKiesel

#216 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,322 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 04 December 2022 - 03:26 PM

Wisconsin is headed to the Guaranteed Rate Bowl, so seems like it’ll be the Duke’s Mayo Bowl for Maryland.
@BSLZackKiesel

#217 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,322 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 04 December 2022 - 03:46 PM

Wisconsin is headed to the Guaranteed Rate Bowl, so seems like it’ll be the Duke’s Mayo Bowl for Maryland.

Confirmed. Maryland will face #25 N.C. State in the Duke’s Mayo Bowl in Charlotte, NC.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#218 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,359 posts

Posted 04 December 2022 - 03:55 PM

State moved up to #23 in today's release.

• BSLZackKiesel likes this

#219 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,652 posts

Posted 04 December 2022 - 04:31 PM

Hellmann's is better

#220 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,359 posts

Posted 04 December 2022 - 04:36 PM

If I'm Locksley, I consider coaching to lose this game. Mayonnaise is one of the most disgusting things I could imagine having dumped on me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=