319 replies to this topic

#21 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 31 December 2021 - 09:32 AM

All Ravens with the exception of Josh Oliver are now off the Covid list. Time to give it hell.

If we don't get hit by covid these next couple of days this will be the most complete team we've had since early in the season. Other than Lamar Averett is looking like the only question mark right now. If Averett can play I give this team more than a fighting chance on Sunday. I consider Rucard and Boyle bonuses right now.

This team is not going down easy at home. They've shown too much heart this season.

#22 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 31 December 2021 - 09:43 AM

Ravens vs. Rams scouting report for Week 17: Who has the edge?

#23 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 31 December 2021 - 12:38 PM

Aaron Donald is calling this his revenge game because of the MNF game they lost big at home. Maybe Aaron should sit this one out since the guy who whooped up on them isn't going to play. Tell him it won't be the same unless Jackson plays.

#24 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 31 December 2021 - 02:55 PM

Aaron Donald is calling this his revenge game because of the MNF game they lost big at home. Maybe Aaron should sit this one out since the guy who whooped up on them isn't going to play. Tell him it won't be the same unless Jackson plays.

Or Ingram, Edwards, Yanda, Peters, Humphrey, Mosley, Judon and whomever else is gone, injured or ill.

Edit: Mosley may have already left after 2018; memory is not my strong suite anymore.

#25 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 31 December 2021 - 04:02 PM

If we don't get hit by covid these next couple of days this will be the most complete team we've had since early in the season. Other than Lamar Averett is looking like the only question mark right now. If Averett can play I give this team more than a fighting chance on Sunday. I consider Rucard and Boyle bonuses right now.

This team is not going down easy at home. They've shown too much heart this season.

Maybe it is time for the last stand.  The Rams have built an All Star team and the Ravens have a Mash unit, but let’s go out swinging.

@mikeghg

#26 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 31 December 2021 - 04:04 PM

Or Ingram, Edwards, Yanda, Peters, Humphrey, Mosley, Judon and whomever else is gone, injured or ill.

Edit: Mosley may have already left after 2018; memory is not my strong suite anymore.

I think Byrnes and Fort were the inside backers then.

• 85Knight likes this
@mikeghg

#27 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 01 January 2022 - 04:50 PM

Line opened at Rams -2 1/2, now at Rams -6.

#28 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 January 2022 - 10:13 PM

Line opened at Rams -2 1/2, now at Rams -6.

The lack of Lamar is driving it up 

@mikeghg

#29 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 01 January 2022 - 10:52 PM

The lack of Lamar is driving it up 

I think most of it is a lack of faith in the secondary.  The bettors are obviously betting LA because of that.  The difference between a less than 100% Jackson and Huntley is not much.  Huntley led the Ravens to 30 points against a team that leads LA in the NFC race for the #1 seed.  

I'm not sure I would take the Ravens +6, but I definitely wouldn't take LA -6.  The Ravens have played well at home and the Rams are not invincible.  

#30 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 January 2022 - 09:22 AM

I think most of it is a lack of faith in the secondary.  The bettors are obviously betting LA because of that.  The difference between a less than 100% Jackson and Huntley is not much.  Huntley led the Ravens to 30 points against a team that leads LA in the NFC race for the #1 seed.  

I'm not sure I would take the Ravens +6, but I definitely wouldn't take LA -6.  The Ravens have played well at home and the Rams are not invincible.  

I actually felt a little better about this game earlier in the week too.  I think the Ravens will fight the good fight, but we are so depleted injury wise it would take a few lucky bounces and a terrific effort.  6 seems about right, and I do not Bert, but I would not touch this game.

@mikeghg

#31 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 January 2022 - 09:24 AM

The amazing thing to me, is after all the injuries to the defensive backfield, Jimmy Smith is our top corner.  There was a day that he fit the role perfectly.  Maybe he can turn back time one last game.

@mikeghg

#32 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,263 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 10:40 AM

The amazing thing to me, is after all the injuries to the defensive backfield, Jimmy Smith is our top corner. There was a day that he fit the role perfectly. Maybe he can turn back time one last game.

They need to let him shadow Kupp and play press-man on him all day. One thing Smith could always do at an elite level was destroy a WR at the LOS.

#33 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 January 2022 - 10:51 AM

They need to let him shadow Kupp and play press-man on him all day. One thing Smith could always do at an elite level was destroy a WR at the LOS.

Agreed, but after not playing for a month and coming off Covid, it may be asking too much.

@mikeghg

#34 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 January 2022 - 10:53 AM

I am heading out to the game with an ankle brace on.  Like Lamar, I messed up my ankle but I am going to limp my way to the stadium.

Unlike Lamar, I did mine being a clumsy oaf.   :-P

Go Ravens.

@mikeghg

#35 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 12:18 PM

Inactives: 

Jackson
Proche
Averett
Powers

Boykin
McPhee
Oweh

#36 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 12:18 PM

Sandusky out today...  Pete Gilbert will be in the booth.

#37 BSLMikeFast

BSLMikeFast

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 12:22 PM

A lot of talk about Proche being inactive. I think Ricard being good to go is huge for Baltimore. He’s a key to so much of what they do offensively.

Inactives:

Jackson
Proche
Averett
Powers
Boykin
McPhee
Oweh

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@MikeFastNFL

#38 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 12:31 PM

Is Oweh covid?

#39 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 12:39 PM

Is Oweh covid?

I believe it's a foot injury that is keeping him out.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#40 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 12:41 PM

Bozeman apparently not taking snaps in warmups. Not inactive either. Late Covid result?
@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=