#21 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 25 December 2021 - 05:02 PM

Cincinnati now 7 point favorites.

Did you read that right?  Are you sure it didn't say 70 point favorites? 

#22 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,984 posts

Posted 25 December 2021 - 05:16 PM

Did you read that right? Are you sure it didn't say 70 point favorites?

I think he means touchdown favorites.
  • BaltBird 24 and jamesdean like this

#23 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,543 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 25 December 2021 - 05:32 PM

Not confident!

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#24 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 25 December 2021 - 05:55 PM

Stranger things have happened. 

#25 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 25 December 2021 - 07:21 PM

Let Johnson throw the ball about 10 times and run it the rest.  It's really the only chance they have.  If anything, it might keep the game relatively close.  If Roman approaches it as if Huntley is out there, it's going to be a blow out of epic proportions. 

#26 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 25 December 2021 - 07:22 PM

Stranger things have happened. 

A Ravens victory would be straight out of a Twilight Zone movie. 

#27 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 25 December 2021 - 07:29 PM

I'm most curious now to see what Harbaugh / Roman do on offense scheme wise. If they go as big and heavy as they possibly can, run the ball at a HUGE rate, etc. and fall as we suspect... so be it. If they ask Josh Johnson (assuming he's not scratched for COVID before game time) to throw 30, 40, 50 times tomorrow... I'd suggest they not accompany the team back on the plane. ;) You can't ask most QBs to drop back and play Tom Brady behind this O line. If they ask a guy basically off the street with zero knowledge of the team, fuggedaboutit... That would be gross negligence and dereliction of duty.

#28 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 25 December 2021 - 07:37 PM

I'm most curious now to see what Harbaugh / Roman do on offense scheme wise. If they go as big and heavy as they possibly can, run the ball at a HUGE rate, etc. and fall as we suspect... so be it. If they ask Josh Johnson (assuming he's not scratched for COVID before game time) to throw 30, 40, 50 times tomorrow... I'd suggest they not accompany the team back on the plane. ;) You can't ask most QBs to drop back and play Tom Brady behind this O line. If they ask a guy basically off the street with zero knowledge of the team, fuggedaboutit... That would be gross negligence and dereliction of duty.

You know the way it's going to play out.  They'll get behind 14-0 out of the gate and Johnson will be throwing balls all over God's creation.  He'll be sacked 7-10 times, throw a few picks, fumble a couple of times, and it will be a repeat what the Ravens did to the Dolphins to open the 2019 season.  And to me, that will be on Harbaugh more than Roman because he allowed it to happen.  Anyone with half a brain knows how to at least attempt to keep this game close.  And like you said, if it fails, so be it.  I wonder what the weather forecast is for Cincinnati tomorrow?  A driving rainstorm would be a gift from the Gods. 

#29 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,938 posts

Posted 25 December 2021 - 11:57 PM

Welp. Makes it easier to not watch now.

#30 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 26 December 2021 - 03:42 AM

A little OT question for the gamblers among us. Can (legal) books cancel all bets in a situation like this?

No, they can't.  If they take the bet, they have to honor it.  The only way they can't honor the bet is if the game is postponed.   If they take the bet at Cincy -3 and it goes to Cincy -7 because of the covid situation, too bad.  That's the chances you take.  If you bet on a team and the night before their star QB breaks his arm, too bad.  The books still keep your money.  All legal bets are honored unless the game is cancelled.  

#31 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 26 December 2021 - 07:39 AM

Bengals covid list up to 3 now. By early next week it will be 10 or more.

#32 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,757 posts

Posted 26 December 2021 - 08:50 AM

Johnson was 27/41 for 317 yds, 3 TD and a pick on the road against the Colts earlier this year. This game isn't over yet.

Huntley to Johnson doesn't move the line as much as Lamar to Huntley did, IMO.

#33 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 26 December 2021 - 08:54 AM

Yeah, but that game was 42-10 with 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. I'm not going to analyze the play by play or watch the broadcast feed... but I'd GUESS there's a good chance IND was playing a lot of prevent, let em move the ball as long as the clock keeps running...

#34 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,757 posts

Posted 26 December 2021 - 08:57 AM

Doesn't invalidate the performance. Johnson isn't an auto loss. At least he isn't if Huntley also wasn't. Lots of Huntleys stat accumulation came against Cle and GB prevents. Doesn't make it moot, IMO.

#35 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 26 December 2021 - 11:06 AM

Johnson was 27/41 for 317 yds, 3 TD and a pick on the road against the Colts earlier this year. This game isn't over yet.

Huntley to Johnson doesn't move the line as much as Lamar to Huntley did, IMO.

I think Huntley to Johnson moves the line more than Jackson to Huntley.  Huntley is younger than Johnson, has been with the team for two years, knows all the plays, has practiced with the team, has the same skill set as Jackson and has executed the offense in pre-season.  Johnson is 35 years old, hasn't even been able to stick with a team even as a backup, and has only had 10 days to even get familiar with the offense.  He hasn't even had enough time to practice much with the first team receivers.

I'm not saying it's impossible for the Ravens to win the game or even for Johnson to put up good numbers.   New England won a game throwing only 3 passes earlier this year.  But I think the drop off from Jackson/Huntley to Johnson is much greater than the drop off from Jackson to Huntley if for no other reason than the experience with the team's offense.  Quite honestly I think McSorely would have been less of a drop than what it is to Johnson.    

#36 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 26 December 2021 - 11:07 AM

Go for 2 every single time. Never settle for a punt or FG. Always onside kick. Getting that win probability up by 2% with 40+ minutes left to play is extremely important when you are playing a far superior opponent. Johnson is good enough to play 60 minutes. And 60 minutes only! No OT ever!

Am I doing this right?
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#37 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 26 December 2021 - 11:18 AM

Cincinnati should easily win today.   

If the Ravens find a way to keep this competitive, it's a credit to the coaches, the players available today, and really just the attitude of the organization.  Guess it would also be an indictment on the Bengals.

#38 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 December 2021 - 11:34 AM

Cincinnati should easily win today.   

If the Ravens find a way to keep this competitive, it's a credit to the coaches, the players available today, and really just the attitude of the organization.  Guess it would also be an indictment on the Bengals.

Agreed, it is very hard to see how the Ravens can hang in today,  

Even, with 12 PS players suiting up, I do not think we can get 53 healthy guys.   Josh Johnson, come on down.  Does he even know all the players names, let alone the plays?

@mikeghg

#39 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 December 2021 - 11:36 AM

The football Gods have really crapped on the 2021 Baltimore Ravens.

@mikeghg

#40 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 December 2021 - 11:40 AM

No matter who plays, you have to attack based on what you set up in the game plan.  The Bengals have some linebacker issues of their own.  Letting them stack the box IMO, makes it easier on them.  Use the mid range passes nand see if we can make some plays.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=