1164 replies to this topic

#1161 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,190 posts

Posted 23 November 2022 - 07:45 AM

I don’t buy that that has anything to do with anything.

Phillip Rivers had a nice career and couldn’t beat measly old Maryland in five tries.

I agree, college is a totally different thing than the pros. One has nothing to do with the other. 

#1162 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 23 November 2022 - 07:46 AM

Well he isnt coming off that hill and he will likely play for someone else eventually so congrats I guess

Your narrative that I hate him is both tired and wrong.

#1163 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,190 posts

Posted 23 November 2022 - 07:55 AM

Well he isnt coming off that hill and he will likely play for someone else eventually so congrats I guess

I don't buy that. As Halas said, you can sign him with a $180-$200M guarantee without the entire deal being guaranteed. If Watson's $235 is the start of negotiations, then it may be time to look at alternatives. I'm all for signing Lamar to a lucrative contract he's earned it in my opinion. If not for Roman he probably would have made the SB in 2019.   I'm not for crippling the team to do it. 

#1164 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 23 November 2022 - 08:18 AM

I don’t buy that that has anything to do with anything.

Phillip Rivers had a nice career and couldn’t beat measly old Maryland in five tries.

Nice career with few playoff wins & no championships. Dan Marino also had a nice career.

#1165 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 23 November 2022 - 08:24 AM

If he still owns the team, I'd bet on Snyder, but I don't imagine he'll be around at that point.

Carolina owner David Tepper wouldn't give the Texans what they wanted. No sure if Watson's contract was involved. You'd think with how he wants a franchise QB so bad he'd give what it would take. Guess he wasn't as crazy as Haslam.

• bmore_ken likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=  width=