5723 replies to this topic

#1021 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,994 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 02:10 AM

if we make it to the super bowl this year, lose, and Lamar asks for 6/290 guaranteed how are you feeling about the extension?

I would happily give Lamar 48 million a season for 5-6 years. He will not accept that. It will be 60+.

#1022 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,213 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 04:52 AM

I'm sure Bisciotti has thought long and hard on this one and will continue to do so going forward throughout the season.  It's only 3 games in and although Lamar is playing with a vengeance, its still a long season that will be pivotal to not only himself but the organization.  As amazing as he can be and considering the quality(or lack of) of this defense, its probably going to take an almost superhuman performance each week to will this team to victory against the better teams. Whether he can do that or not remains to be seen. If he does lead them deep into the playoffs and a possible Super Bowl, I think he's priced himself out of Baltimore. I really do. If they come in around 9-8 or 8-9 miss the playoffs and Lamar still has a fine season but no cigar, I think it will depend on how badly he wants to remain here because he probably won't get anywhere near what he wants nor will the entire contract be guaranteed. That may not happen regardless.  I would say right now, I'm leaning towards the second scenario(especially with this defense being as bad as it is)and the Ravens trading him next off season for several 1st round picks.  As much as I love the guy, I do think it's best for the organization long term.  

#1023 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 26 September 2022 - 05:26 AM

I would happily give Lamar 48 million a season for 5-6 years. He will not accept that. It will be 60+.

QB salaries are going up fast, but not that fast.

#1024 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 05:57 AM

Slide is the king of hyperbole.
  • Mackus and TwentyThirtyFive like this

#1025 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,994 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 12:33 PM

It will not be less than 55+ after Burrow and Herbert.

#1026 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,994 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 12:33 PM

Slide is the king of hyperbole.

He has already turned down 49. You think he's going for less than 55 after Herbert and Burrow?

#1027 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 02:20 PM

He has already turned down 49. You think he's going for less than 55 after Herbert and Burrow?

I haven't seen that quoted by a reliable source. There are plenty of reports of different amounts from various "sources" that he's turned down. No one besides him and the team know the factual truth about the situation.

#1028 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,994 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 03:18 PM

I haven't seen that quoted by a reliable source. There are plenty of reports of different amounts from various "sources" that he's turned down. No one besides him and the team know the factual truth about the situation.

It was reported by Ian Rappaport among several others. Do you need it reported by him directly before you believe it?

#1029 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,213 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 03:33 PM

Yeah, I don't know who these "reliable" sources are but until we hear specifically from Lamar or the team that he turned down a certain amount, I just assume its all bullshit.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#1030 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 03:37 PM

Yeah, I don't know who these "reliable" sources are but until we hear specifically from Lamar or the team that he turned down a certain amount, I just assume its all bullshit.

As far as a specific dollar amount and % guaranteed, sure.  But don't we all think that the Ravens offered him a big ass but not fully guaranteed contract that exceeded basically every peer's contract details except for being well less than the guaranteed total that Watson got?  Does anyone think the Ravens haven't made a fair but not exactly best-in-the-league offer?

#1031 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,994 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 03:38 PM

I mean...it's Ian Rappaport. It's not like it's some rando.

#1032 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,422 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 03:44 PM

As far as a specific dollar amount and % guaranteed, sure.  But don't we all think that the Ravens offered him a big ass but not fully guaranteed contract that exceeded basically every peer's contract details except for being well less than the guaranteed total that Watson got?  Does anyone think the Ravens haven't made a fair but not exactly best-in-the-league offer?

Yeah people can believe what they want but I am very convinced they offered him more total $ than Kyler but comparable to Kyler in guarantees, perhaps a bit more but who knows, either way far less than Watson in guarantees. That fits everything that we've heard.

#1033 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 03:45 PM

I mean...it's Ian Rappaport. It's not like it's some rando.

I rewatched Rapaport's video clip on the topic and went thru his tweets for a couple minutes and I never got the sense that Lamar wanted more than Watson money, and Watson was at 46 million for 5 years.  There isn't a single source I can find anywhere that puts his number anywhere near 6/360 guaranteed.  That is absolutely bonkers.  The closest he said to giving an actual number was Rapoport saying Lamar wants to get "as close as possible" to Deshaun Watson money.

#1034 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,994 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 04:15 PM

I rewatched Rapaport's video clip on the topic and went thru his tweets for a couple minutes and I never got the sense that Lamar wanted more than Watson money, and Watson was at 46 million for 5 years. There isn't a single source I can find anywhere that puts his number anywhere near 6/360 guaranteed. That is absolutely bonkers. The closest he said to giving an actual number was Rapoport saying Lamar wants to get "as close as possible" to Deshaun Watson money.

The 6/360 is what I assume it will cost after Burrow and Herbert sign their deals. Rappaport did tweet that he turned down the Ravens' final offer of 49+ per year.

#1035 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 04:16 PM

As far as a specific dollar amount and % guaranteed, sure. But don't we all think that the Ravens offered him a big ass but not fully guaranteed contract that exceeded basically every peer's contract details except for being well less than the guaranteed total that Watson got? Does anyone think the Ravens haven't made a fair but not exactly best-in-the-league offer?

If I was betting my money I would bet on him being offered a substantial deal. My point is we can only speculate what that deal was. I'm sure not judging Lamar on a contract offer no one has seen.

#1036 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,994 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 04:18 PM

I rewatched Rapaport's video clip on the topic and went thru his tweets for a couple minutes and I never got the sense that Lamar wanted more than Watson money, and Watson was at 46 million for 5 years. There isn't a single source I can find anywhere that puts his number anywhere near 6/360 guaranteed. That is absolutely bonkers. The closest he said to giving an actual number was Rapoport saying Lamar wants to get "as close as possible" to Deshaun Watson money.

Here:

https://twitter.com/...Df90_PBDhg&s=19

#1037 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,994 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 04:18 PM

If I was betting my money I would bet on him being offered a substantial deal. My point is we can only speculate what that deal was. I'm sure not judging Lamar on a contract offer no one has seen.

#1038 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 04:24 PM

Wake me when you have a quote from Lamar or the team. Everything else is just noise from guys trying to get a scoop

#1039 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 04:27 PM

Here:

49/year was the total amount including non guaranteed money. It says it fell short of Watson's 5/230 guaranteed. I think 6/360 guaranteed is nuts.

#1040 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,994 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 04:28 PM

Wake when you a quote from Lamar or the team. Everything else is just noise from guys trying to get a scoop

Okay. So we aren't allowed to discuss contracts now? Because we will never get a quote from either of those sources until something is signed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=