5723 replies to this topic

#2101 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 09:49 PM

Kid, stop yapping your gums so much trying to one up posters and instead learn when things said are fact. That way you dont have a foot shoved so far down your throat it tickles your prostate

Holy God this is just deliciously ironic.
  • Mike in STL and bmore_ken like this

#2102 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,277 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 10:36 PM

Holy God this is just deliciously ironic.

Jesus. The idiot that knows the least on this board about all these sports is the one gonna step up and pop off back. Its so predictable. Its straight up true too. No shade to throw shade. I absolutely know youre the least knowledgable sports poster on this board.

#2103 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 10:46 PM

Jesus. The idiot that knows the least on this board about all these sports is the one gonna step up and pop off back. Its so predictable. Its straight up true too. No shade to throw shade. I absolutely know youre the least knowledgable sports poster on this board.

Neat. The Orioles signed their impact FA yet? Eclipsed 70 million payroll yet? Remember 2 years ago when I said there was a real chance the Ravens traded Lamar because they wouldn't view him as being worth what he wanted, and here we are?

You don't even know what you don't know, and you're an insulting, condescending jerk to basically everyone, even your friends. What a joke.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#2104 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 09:00 AM

Neat. The Orioles signed their impact FA yet? Eclipsed 70 million payroll yet? Remember 2 years ago when I said there was a real chance the Ravens traded Lamar because they wouldn't view him as being worth what he wanted, and here we are?

You don't even know what you don't know, and you're an insulting, condescending jerk to basically everyone, even your friends. What a joke.

Truth. 

• BaltBird 24 likes this

#2105 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 10:05 AM

Wait? He has friends?
  • BaltBird 24 likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2106 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 10:25 AM

The fragile maleness of this board is textbook.

Why don't yall try sticking to the substance instead of going ad hominem, or you know, just don't respond to the internet strangers if they make you that angry.
  • You Play to Win the Game, Hooded Viper, Steve55 and 1 other like this
@DaKittenz

#2107 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,429 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 29 January 2023 - 10:28 AM

Sports related post!
  • BSLChrisStoner and Hooded Viper like this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#2108 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 11:06 AM

The fragile maleness of this board is textbook.

Why don't yall try sticking to the substance instead of going ad hominem, or you know, just don't respond to the internet strangers if they make you that angry.

Honestly, it doesn't have anything to do with "fragile maleness" for me. Nothing the guy says gets me that upset, because I don't even know him outside of the words he posts. But, it does make the board worse. He is a jerk to basically everyone. He responds in a way that is designed to make people feel stupid for having any opinion other than his. He's a failed attempt at an internet bully and it's unbelievably annoying. It isn't even with just one person - it's practically *everyone* save for a few people he finds beyond reproach.

Sports discussions can get heated. They can get pointed. That's fine. They shouldn't be like this. He's been asked nicely to stop over and over again by Stoner and he has literally posted that he doesn't care. He's been temporarily banned and doesn't care. I honestly don't know why it's allowed to continue.
  • BaltBird 24 and bmore_ken like this

#2109 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 11:08 AM

And, for the record, I'm not perfect. I've gotten involved more than I should have in the past, and I've been trying to reduce the number of run-ins like that that I participate in. But with him it's constant.
  • BSLChrisStoner and bmore_ken like this

#2110 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 11:10 AM

Honestly, it doesn't have anything to do with "fragile maleness" for me. Nothing the guy says gets me that upset, because I don't even know him outside of the words he posts. But, it does make the board worse. He is a jerk to basically everyone. He responds in a way that is designed to make people feel stupid for having any opinion other than his. He's a failed attempt at an internet bully and it's unbelievably annoying. It isn't even with just one person - it's practically *everyone* save for a few people he finds beyond reproach.

Sports discussions can get heated. They can get pointed. That's fine. They shouldn't be like this. He's been asked nicely to stop over and over again by Stoner and he has literally posted that he doesn't care. He's been temporarily banned and doesn't care. I honestly don't know why it's allowed to continue.

I know it's hard sometimes but the best thing to do is never respond to his posts.  Just ignore him. If everyone did that, I can assure you the acrimony would be reduced exponentially.   

• BaltBird 24, bmore_ken and JStruds like this

#2111 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 11:15 AM

I know it's hard sometimes but the best thing to do is never respond to his posts. Just ignore him. If everyone did that, I can assure you the acrimony would be reduced exponentially.

You're correct. There's nothing else to do.

#2112 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 01:24 PM

I know it's hard sometimes but the best thing to do is never respond to his posts.  Just ignore him. If everyone did that, I can assure you the acrimony would be reduced exponentially.   

I'm definitely guilty of not following this policy. I'll have to get better on it. 

• jamesdean likes this

#2113 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 02:10 PM

I'm definitely guilty of not following this policy. I'll have to get better on it. 

I get sucked in sometimes too.  If you can keep a sense of humor about it all, the seems to defuse the situation.  I think we all take ourselves too seriously at times and forget it's just opinion and nothing else. Like the Ravens and Orioles really care what we think. (LOL)

• bmore_ken and cprenegade like this

#2114 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,012 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 02:12 PM

Manage Ignore Prefs is a nice tool... took me too long to find it... that list for me has a grand total of one user on it.

#2115 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 04:17 PM

Manage Ignore Prefs is a nice tool... took me too long to find it... that list for me has a grand total of one user on it.

I have three. 

#2116 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,429 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 29 January 2023 - 04:23 PM

If anyone has me on ignore and thus doesn’t see this SCREW YOU

My only ignore was shack. Since he’s gone I see ALL your posts. And I’m silently judging all of you.
  • Hooded Viper, BaltBird 24, 1970 and 2 others like this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#2117 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,131 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 05:18 PM

There's nothing more annoying than someone who tries to be an internet tough guy. We all can agree on who that is.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#2118 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,790 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 06:44 PM

I get sucked in sometimes too.  If you can keep a sense of humor about it all, the seems to defuse the situation.  I think we all take ourselves too seriously at times and forget it's just opinion and nothing else. Like the Ravens and Orioles really care what we think. (LOL)

Wait, what?   You mean I'm giving out all this advice for free and they aren't taking it?  :)

• jamesdean, bmore_ken, Steve55 and 1 other like this

#2119 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 01 February 2023 - 01:01 PM

https://twitter.com/...j9_pW6hA5g&s=19

#2120 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF