5723 replies to this topic

#2081 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 10:13 AM

Will Lamar negotiate now that the Ravens season is over or will he drag it out and wait for the new league year. Any coordinator hire is hingeing on him being on the team or not. Which may force them into promoting from within. Who's going to want to sign up here not knowing if you are creating an offense for Lamar Jackson or Tyler Huntley.

I have a feeling nothing is being designed for Huntley either way. 

• russsnyder likes this

#2082 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 10:44 AM

Will Lamar negotiate now that the Ravens season is over or will he drag it out and wait for the new league year. Any coordinator hire is hingeing on him being on the team or not. Which may force them into promoting from within. Who's going to want to sign up here not knowing if you are creating an offense for Lamar Jackson or Tyler Huntley.

Who’s going to want to sign up with the Jets with their QB situation? Or the Colts, or the Commanders, or the Bucs, or the Panthers, or even the Titans and Pats?

I’m not saying it doesn’t matter at all, but I don’t think it’s this hopeless thing like you seem to be saying. It’s not the Chargers job, but all these other jobs are flawed too.

#2083 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 10:56 AM

I have a feeling nothing is being designed for Huntley either way. 

You have to know either way if Jackson may not be there and plan for something different.

#2084 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 11:00 AM

Who’s going to want to sign up with the Jets with their QB situation? Or the Colts, or the Commanders, or the Bucs, or the Panthers, or even the Titans and Pats?

I’m not saying it doesn’t matter at all, but I don’t think it’s this hopeless thing like you seem to be saying. It’s not the Chargers job, but all these other jobs are flawed too.

The Jets got Hackett. All the other teams have QB's under contract for next season. The Bucs might be the only one with Brady undecided.

When they interview they offer their plan for what you have on hand or if you add. 

#2085 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 11:24 AM

The Jets got Hackett. All the other teams have QB's under contract for next season. The Bucs might be the only one with Brady undecided.

When they interview they offer their plan for what you have on hand or if you add. 

I know they did, but their QB situation sucks and they got a guy. All those other teams do too, even if someone is already under contract. Is PJ Walker enticing anyone? Is Zach Wilson or Sam Howell a difference maker in choosing a job?

There's only so many jobs. This is one of the well regarded organizations, I think, and despite what a lot of fans think, Harbs is a well regarded coach, I think, and he's not getting fired any time soon. They are either going to have Lamar, or they have a contingency plan that they talk about in interviews. If Lamar was already signed or they already had picks in hand it would be clearer and better, but it's still a good job and not hopeless IMO.

#2086 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 12:04 PM

You have to know either way if Jackson may not be there and plan for something different.

Jackson may not be here but the plan is he will be here. He supposedly has at least some input into the interviews.

#2087 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 12:33 PM

I doubt Lamar's input matters much.  Outside of the Ravens current staff, he doesn't know any more about the coaches being interviewed than we do.  His information would be Google supplied or whatever EDC tells him.  If the Georgia's OC is seriously being considered, all Lamar knows about him is they won a National Championship.  EDC/Harbaugh are going to hire who they want, whether Lamar likes it or not.  To believe anything else is just naive. 

#2088 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 12:42 PM

I doubt Lamar's input matters much. Outside of the Ravens current staff, he doesn't know any more about the coaches being interviewed than we do. His information would be Google supplied or whatever EDC tells him. If the Georgia's OC is seriously being considered, all Lamar knows about him is they won a National Championship. EDC/Harbaugh are going to hire who they want, whether Lamar likes it or not. To believe anything else is just naive.

Its naive to think he doesnt have contacts and the ability to inform himself better than any of us.

Moreover, the Ravens can easily come back to Lamar or have him look over the interview tapes of the guys brought in and ask him whos ideas he likes and prefers.

#2089 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 12:47 PM

Its naive to think he doesnt have contacts and the ability to inform himself better than any of us.

Moreover, the Ravens can easily come back to Lamar or have him look over the interview tapes of the guys brought in and ask him whos ideas he likes and prefers.

If he has any contacts, it's through EDC.  They're going to hire who they want.  If the Georgia OC bowled them over and they want him, that's who they're going to hire.  Lamar can look at all the tapes he wants and it won't mean squat. 

• bmore_ken likes this

#2090 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 03:33 PM

I know they did, but their QB situation sucks and they got a guy. All those other teams do too, even if someone is already under contract. Is PJ Walker enticing anyone? Is Zach Wilson or Sam Howell a difference maker in choosing a job?

There's only so many jobs. This is one of the well regarded organizations, I think, and despite what a lot of fans think, Harbs is a well regarded coach, I think, and he's not getting fired any time soon. They are either going to have Lamar, or they have a contingency plan that they talk about in interviews. If Lamar was already signed or they already had picks in hand it would be clearer and better, but it's still a good job and not hopeless IMO.

This is their shot at a step up. Why risk a career on a lousy team that's bound to be bad. Miami had a pretty O this season. Still just canned the coordinator.

#2091 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 03:33 PM

Lamar's not even under contract. Why would you assume he has some say in the matter?

#2092 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 03:36 PM

Lamar's not even under contract. Why would you assume he has some say in the matter?

I read or heard somewhere that he was going to have input. What that means and to what extent I dont know. Dont even know that its true. But it was a national source where I saw/read it.

#2093 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 03:50 PM

They said he would have input at the EDC/Harbs end of year presser. Whatever that might mean is anyone's guess.

#2094 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 03:50 PM

I read or heard somewhere that he was going to have input. What that means and to what extent I dont know. Dont even know that its true. But it was a national source where I saw/read it.

You read or heard "somewhere?" Gotcha  :mrgreen:

#2095 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 03:53 PM

They said he would have input at the EDC/Harbs end of year presser. Whatever that might mean is anyone's guess.

I doubt that means his input will have anything to do with the hire. 

• jamesdean likes this

#2096 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 04:10 PM

I doubt that means his input will have anything to do with the hire. 

Exactly.  It's absurd to think that what Lamar feels about a potential hire is going to mean anything to ownership/management.  They'll hire who they want.  Why not ask Mark Andrews, JK Dobbins, Gus Edwards, etc...?  Why not get the whole offense together and have them vote.  It's stupid.  And if EDC/Harbaugh did say that, they're not doing themselves any favors with the fan base. 

• bmore_ken likes this

#2097 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 04:13 PM

You read or heard "somewhere?" Gotcha  :mrgreen:

Yeah I heard it somewhere. If you didnt know  it was said at the presser yet you opine so much in this thread and on these topics. Not a good look

#2098 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 04:16 PM

So now we turn from questioning if it was said he would have input to questioning what that means and dismissing its meaning. From the horses mouth at the presser. GTFO with all this mess you guys do

#2099 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 04:29 PM

Yeah I heard it somewhere. If you didnt know  it was said at the presser yet you opine so much in this thread and on these topics. Not a good look

Luckily for me I couldn't give two shiites about your opinion of my look.

#2100 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 05:09 PM

Luckily for me I couldn't give two shiites about your opinion of my look.

Kid, stop yapping your gums so much trying to one up posters and instead learn when things said are fact. That way you dont have a foot shoved so far down your throat it tickles your prostate

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=