#5361 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 27 March 2023 - 05:28 PM

Ive said a thousand times over you tag him and try to figure it out but I also aint putting any of the Ravens cap space situation or what they have or havent been able to do on Lamar. Especially since the Ravens have known how dug in and unrealistic Lamar has been in negotiations. He could always choose to sit out the year. Thats the end game for all of this if it gets to that point. He holds the last card to play. The Ravens have to know who holds the final card.

And lets make it clear. Lamar sitting out a year def hurts him but it also hurts any return for the Ravens on a trade. Again, they have each other by the balls.

True they each have a grip on the others testicles, but which of the two is most interested in fielding a contending team? That's the key point for me in this ongoing mess.

#5362 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 05:49 PM

Add the Commanders to the list of the teams that are "out" on Lamar.

https://profootballt...-lamar-jackson/

“There are a ton of talented players that could help us that we don’t end up talking to for various reasons, and Lamar falls into that category,” Mayhew said, via JP Finlay of NBCWashington.com.

“I won’t get into specifics; I don’t want to sound critical of anyone,” Mayhew said. “[Jackson]’s a very talented guy.”

Oof.

In other words, the talent isn't worth the headache. 

Sounds like teams are placing him in the Antonio Brown category. Could help a team, but teams passing on him for "various reasons". The only compliment the guy has about Lamar is, "he's a very talented guy."

@BSLMikeRandall

#5363 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 05:53 PM

Oof.

Sounds like teams are placing him in the Antonio Brown category. Could help a team, but teams passing on him for "various reasons". The only compliment the guy has about Lamar is, "he's a very talented guy."

Comparing him to AB is completely unfair.

#5364 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,213 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 05:55 PM

Oof.

As much as people don't want to admit it, the Watson deal and Lamar supposedly tying himself to it, has pretty much sunk his ship as far as other teams making a play for him.  It very well may come down to, "either you play for the Ravens or you don't play at all." 

#5365 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,422 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 05:57 PM

The Colts seem to have not ruled it out at least. But the expected demands are a non starter with everybody.

https://mobile.twitt...MDQjcPwhcQtAAAA

https://mobile.twitt...MDRlZXbhsQtAAAA

#5366 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 05:59 PM

Is anyone remotely concerned about the ongoing issue with high profile Ravens players wanting out of the org?

Hurst
Orlando Brown
Hollywood
Lamar

And Chuck Clark, though he's not exactly high profile.

Hayden didn't want to play behind Andrews, an elite all pro. Brown didn't want to play RT, and didn't have a shot in hell of dethroning Stanley there, another all-pro. Marquise hated our offense, considering he is 150 lbs and was expected to block and take short passes and create. His two biggest weaknesses.

By all accounts, Lamar only wants out because he feels someone else would be willing to meet his financial demands.

And Clark wanted out because he can't hold a candle to Williams, and Hamilton was arguably the best talent in the draft last season.

So until guys want to leave because of the culture, or because of team or facility related issues, I'm not concerned.
  • jamesdean and JStruds like this

#5367 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 06:09 PM

The Colts seem to have not ruled it out at least. But the expected demands are a non starter with everybody.

Yup. Thats what I was saying earlier.  Easier said than done to trade a guy who has contract demands no team is going to meet. Why I think him playing on the tag is still the most likely outcome right now.

I think the Colts are the fav here as far as trades go. Irsay wants that QB situation settled. They have the 4th pick. If that headlines a Lamar deal that feels right. Not sure what to realistically expect beyond the #4 pick. The problem with the 4th pick and drafting a QB is its likely going to be the 4th QB in the draft. maybe the 3rd but definitely not the top 2 guys.

#5368 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 06:28 PM

Yup. Thats what I was saying earlier. Easier said than done to trade a guy who has contract demands no team is going to meet. Why I think him playing on the tag is still the most likely outcome right now.

I think the COlt are the fav here as far as trades go. Irsay wants that QB situation settled. THey have the 4th pick. If that headlines a Lamar deal that feels right. Not sure what to realistically expect beyond the #4 pick. The problem with the 4th pick and drafting a QB is its likely going to be the 4th QB in the draft. maybe the 3rd but definitely not the top 2 guys.

In an Indy trade scenario, If QB's go at 1,2 and 3. Ravens 100% should be taking Anderson. Stack the defense, figure the QB situation out after. You're looking at Levis vs Anderson. One is an elite pass rushing prospect, the other is a very good QB prospect with high bust potential. I'd rather take Anderson, trade back from 23, and take a chance on Hooker or McKee in the 2nd.

#5369 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 06:33 PM

In an Indy trade scenario, If QB's go at 1,2 and 3. Ravens 100% should be taking Anderson. Stack the defense, figure the QB situation out after. You're looking at Levis vs Anderson. One is an elite pass rushing prospect, the other is a very good QB prospect with high bust potential. I'd rather take Anderson, trade back from 23, and take a chance on Hooker or McKee in the 2nd.

The Cardinals are at 3, so how could that happen?

#5370 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,994 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 06:55 PM

The Cardinals are at 3, so how could that happen?

If they trade down.

#5371 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 07:50 PM

If they trade down.

I guess there's always a chance of that I don't know much about the cardinals or their needs

#5372 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 08:01 PM

I guess there's always a chance of that I don't know much about the cardinals or their needs

If Ravens get the 4th pick in that scenario, I'd put the odds of a QB hungry team trading in front of them at 3 very high.

#5373 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 08:04 PM

I think ultimately the Ravens will work out a trade with someone.   They've always had the philosophy of we want players that want to be here.  As long as the trade request was kept secret there was probably some feeling that they could potentially smooth things over.  Now that it's out in the open it just feels like the bridge has been burned.  

The Ravens might get less than they originally thought now that teams know they are looking to move him.  Or they might get more now that teams have a high confidence that they won't be matching an offer sheet.  I don't really know how that will work out, but I do believe the organization will move on, even if the deal includes a middle of the road bridge QB coming back to them in return.  

• russsnyder likes this

#5374 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 08:10 PM

Once again, it's second hand (probably third or worse in reality) information. But if this is true, it would seem Lamar is demanding record breaking money. If this kid had gone out and won a couple superbowls, and become the undeniable best QB in the world, I'd see some justification in such a huge demand. He didn't. And if he won't budge, Ravens have to do what they have to do. Eventually he will have to choose foolish pride and just not play football anymore. Or come to his senses and sign a realistic deal. If he were an unrestricted FA, I'd say he would have been crushed by reality already.

#5375 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,946 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 09:08 PM

Oof.

Hopefully this means Snyder's about to sell. A new owner might feel differently, though. For $7B, you might want something better than Sam Howell at QB.

#5376 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 09:14 PM

Just read the Harbaugh's and Browns reactions to Lamar's trade request. Harbaugh still sounds like he wants and expects Lamar to be back. Brown echoed those remarks. I wouldnt expect them to be all like yeah we are done with Lamar and will trade him. They also didnt have to go as far as they did saying they still want him back and expressing their love for him. Combine that with the report that said the Lamar tweet was more business than personal and Im inclined to believe he will still be here in 2023.

#5377 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,412 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 27 March 2023 - 09:17 PM

If Ravens get the 4th pick in that scenario, I'd put the odds of a QB hungry team trading in front of them at 3 very high.

That's my dream scenario. Draft Will Anderson and get a starter at CB at #22. Find a placeholder for QB and go into 2023 with a scary defense and see how it shakes out. Then make next offseason all about the offense.

#5378 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 09:18 PM

I also think if the Ravens are going to trade him it will be before this draft. They cant throw away 2023 completely. They need a resolution as quickly as possible and they need compensation as soon as possible.

#5379 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 09:24 PM

One last thing to track will be the Ravens SB odds. They will drop considerably if they dont have a QB. Currently they are still at 25-1 at DK. Where they were before Lamar made his tweet.

#5380 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 09:29 PM

I also think if the Ravens are going to trade him it will be before this draft. They cant throw away 2023 completely. They need a resolution as quickly as possible and they need compensation as soon as possible.

Again, that’s up to Lamar. Is he going to sign the tag so the Ravens can start to grant his wish?
@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=