#4681 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 19 March 2023 - 04:19 PM

I can’t believe everyone still finds this so interesting with zero news. I hate it.

The day the tag was applied I said the worst result would be this thread going on and on and on.
  • Hooded Viper, Mike B and mdrunning like this

#4682 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 19 March 2023 - 04:47 PM

You believe that. Does the league?

I don't care who your HC is - trying to install a brand new offense takes everyone on board and everyone getting practice and reps. I heard over and over again that the Ravens couldn't let Lamar walk because they would need to install a whole new offense in just one offseason, and that wasn't very feasible. What makes someone confident the Colts could install a brand new offense - even one the HC is familiar with - in 3 months? Also, Lamar is not Jalen Hurts. Even if the offenses are similar, they will not be plug and play, and it for sure won't be easy, especially with only 2-3 months to learn it.

I'm not saying the Colts won't take a shot at Lamar, but I think it is FAR from a certainty that they will in any meaningful way. As for your last comment about why they wouldn't just take a shot with Lamar over a rookie, there are about 230+ guaranteed million reasons why they'd rather go with a promising young QB on a rookie contract, along with two first round picks.

I mean, unless people like Mike Martz and Kurt Warner are wrong about their evaluation on Lamar I have to think he'd be at least moderately successful anywhere. The only two adaptations you have to make are let him run out of the shotgun most plays and incorporate at least 5-10 RPOs or designed runs per game. Running out of the gun is the only potentially objectionable requirement here but a lot of teams run majority shotgun anyway so it doesn't kill his options that much. Running some designed runs or RPOs, if your OC isn't willing to modify his gameplan and let the skillset of his QB dictate 10% of the playbook for a given game, he's probably not a very good OC.

#4683 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts

Posted 19 March 2023 - 05:03 PM

I mean, unless people like Mike Martz and Kurt Warner are wrong about their evaluation on Lamar I have to think he'd be at least moderately successful anywhere. The only two adaptations you have to make are let him run out of the shotgun most plays and incorporate at least 5-10 RPOs or designed runs per game. Running out of the gun is the only potentially objectionable requirement here but a lot of teams run majority shotgun anyway so it doesn't kill his options that much. Running some designed runs or RPOs, if your OC isn't willing to modify his gameplan and let the skillset of his QB dictate 10% of the playbook for a given game, he's probably not a very good OC.

Martz and Warner, much though I respect their opinions, aren't currently involved in an NFL coaching staff.

I just keep thinking back to that quote from an anonymous DC that the book on Lamar is that he can't win the game with his arm, so when you take the ground game away he won't beat you. Is that fair? Probably not. Is it an oversimplification? For sure. But look at the playoff losses also. It makes some sense. We know that's what teams will try to do to the offense. I can't help but wonder if more of the coaches in the league than not feel the same way.

#4684 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 19 March 2023 - 06:16 PM

I just keep thinking back to that quote from an anonymous DC that the book on Lamar is that he can't win the game with his arm,

Lamar doesn't need to win the game with his arm. His knucklehead OC wanted him to be something that he's not when he had RBs averaging 5 YPC.

• jamesdean likes this

#4685 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts

Posted 19 March 2023 - 06:46 PM

Lamar doesn't need to win the game with his arm. His knucklehead OC wanted him to be something that he's not when he had RBs averaging 5 YPC.

I think every QB needs to be capable, or at least be perceived to be capable, of winning with the passing game.

#4686 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 19 March 2023 - 07:33 PM

I can’t believe everyone still finds this so interesting with zero news. I hate it.

Yeah it sucks ass!
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#4687 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 19 March 2023 - 08:55 PM

I think every QB needs to be capable, or at least be perceived to be capable, of winning with the passing game.

He's plenty capable. That doesn't mean 40 passes per game

#4688 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,617 posts

Posted 19 March 2023 - 09:34 PM

So when does his interview with himself get released?

• mdrunning likes this

#4689 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 19 March 2023 - 11:00 PM

So when does his interview with himself get released?

If any question caught him by surprise under this set-up, something is very wrong.

Or maybe it was done Jeopardy! style.

#4690 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 19 March 2023 - 11:05 PM

Martz and Warner, much though I respect their opinions, aren't currently involved in an NFL coaching staff.

I just keep thinking back to that quote from an anonymous DC that the book on Lamar is that he can't win the game with his arm, so when you take the ground game away he won't beat you. Is that fair? Probably not. Is it an oversimplification? For sure. But look at the playoff losses also. It makes some sense. We know that's what teams will try to do to the offense. I can't help but wonder if more of the coaches in the league than not feel the same way.

"If you take away the thing that makes him great he's not great"

That was kind of a laughable take. There really haven't been any teams that have been able to take the running game away from Lamar consistently, even in 2021 when we were on our 9th string running back and had 2 starters missing from our OLine.

I don't really feel like we had problems moving the ball either in the air or on the ground vs the Titans game. That game was mostly the result of really untimely turnovers. The Bills game I can kind of see, but Allen played just as bad as Lamar did, but Allen had a center that wasn't trying to get him killed. If anything the Ravens run game should have been a benefit that game because we should have been able to avoid trying to throw the ball in 50 mph gusts. But when your center airmails multiple snaps and gets your QB knocked out of the game with a concussion idk.

#4691 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 20 March 2023 - 06:06 AM

So LJ and Truzz Productionz are going to conduct and interview on the Lamar Jackson Entertainment YouTube page. He announced this while wearing a Lamar Jackson Experience shirt on Instagram. 

I don't think I've ever typed a more annoying paragraph.

How much do we even expect this to be football related? For all we know he could be using his current, I don't know what you call it, high "trending" status, to drive people to subscribe to his YouTube page, thinking they'll get some breaking news, thinking this is going to be like LeBron's "The Decision".  We end up with more cryptic BS               

I just expect more nonsense from this circus that he's surrounded himself with.            

@BSLMikeRandall

#4692 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,261 posts

Posted 20 March 2023 - 07:15 AM

So LJ and Truzz Productionz are going to conduct and interview on the Lamar Jackson Entertainment YouTube page. He announced this while wearing a Lamar Jackson Experience shirt on Instagram.

I don't think I've ever typed a more annoying paragraph.

How much do we even expect this to be football related? For all we know he could be using his current, I don't know what you call it, high "trending" status, to drive people to subscribe to his YouTube page, thinking they'll get some breaking news, thinking this is going to be like LeBron's "The Decision". We end up with more cryptic BS

I just expect more nonsense from this circus that he's surrounded himself with.

There will be no answers. I feel like all this is, is him telling his side of things. Going through the injury. What he's asking for in a contract. How he believes he's the best player in football. ect.

No way anyone walks away from this thing with any kind of answers.

#4693 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 20 March 2023 - 08:03 AM

Supposedly he is going to interview himself.   He will be in one seat as Lamar the football player wearing a Lamar Jackson experience shirt, and in another in a suit acting as Lamar the interviewer.  

If that's true, this is actually turning quite comical.  I think he spent too much time with his ex-wide receiver's flaky cousin.   

#4694 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 20 March 2023 - 08:03 AM

Must see tv and i dont even need a subscription to cable. Thanks Lamar!

#4695 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 20 March 2023 - 08:26 AM

Supposedly he is going to interview himself.   He will be in one seat as Lamar the football player wearing a Lamar Jackson experience shirt, and in another in a suit acting as Lamar the interviewer.  

If that's true, this is actually turning quite comical.  I think he spent too much time with his ex-wide receiver's flaky cousin.   

The little snippet I just watched on Bobby Baltimore's Youtube channel is hardly Lamar asking Lamar questions.  There's someone across from him asking the questions that's definitely NOT Lamar talking.  Either way, I don't know what it proves other than him trying to do damage control and defend himself since he obviously knows a good portion of the Ravens fanbase is more than ready to be free of him. 

#4696 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,617 posts

Posted 20 March 2023 - 09:38 AM

The little snippet I just watched on Bobby Baltimore's Youtube channel is hardly Lamar asking Lamar questions.  There's someone across from him asking the questions that's definitely NOT Lamar talking.  Either way, I don't know what it proves other than him trying to do damage control and defend himself since he obviously knows a good portion of the Ravens fanbase is more than ready to be free of him. 

If he were concerned about damage control, he can put out an open letter to the fans of Baltimore. Tweet it on Social media, whatever.

What he’s doing right now is a brand-building move. 

• Mike in STL likes this

#4697 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 20 March 2023 - 09:47 AM

If he were concerned about damage control, he can put out an open letter to the fans of Baltimore. Tweet it on Social media, whatever.

Well, whatever it is, he'll be pleading his case one way or another. 

#4698 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 20 March 2023 - 09:52 AM

I doubt that he's worried about damage control with Baltimore fans. Further, why should he be concerned about anything else except getting max dollars at this point?

He can save the open letter in the event that he signs a mega deal with another team or is traded.

I agree that this is most likely a brand pumping move by Lamar.

Like 2035, I can't wait to tune in.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#4699 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 20 March 2023 - 10:06 AM

Well, whatever it is, he'll be pleading his case one way or another. 

He should just cut the crap and sign the contract that will guarantee his family generational wealth for about 10 generations. I'm a Lamar fan(I almost cried when Hayden Hurst was drafted with him still on the board), but I'm getting annoyed.

• JStruds likes this

#4700 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 20 March 2023 - 10:28 AM

Like anyone should give a s*** about Truzz Productionz or Lamar Jackson Enterprises. 

He wants to sign a long term deal with the Ravens and invest in a minority share of ownership in the Orioles, or even in boring stuff like real estate development, great. You have my attention. 

He's doing this to get people to "like and subscribe?" Lol. Is his camp made up of teenagers?

@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=