• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 07 December 2021 - 02:12 PM

ESPN's Match-up Predictor gives the Browns a 53.4% chance of winning.

#2 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 December 2021 - 02:36 PM

Last year the Browns won 4 straight coming out of the bye, but their first two wins were a 10-7 win over Houston and a 22-17 win over Philly. Two bad teams. Took the offense a bit to get rolling again. This offense is considerably more banged up still. Baker’s shoulder isn’t something that is going to get better over the bye from everything I’ve read, so that should still limit them. I do think they’ll run the ball a ton. Not like last time. I’m expecting a game similar to the one last week. And of course our offense is completely lost, so who know what will happen. Probably a low scoring slugfest.

I think this is one of the 3 remaining wins up for grabs left on the schedule. It’s the NFL, so any of them are possible I guess.

#3 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,704 posts

Posted 07 December 2021 - 02:47 PM

I think it'll look a lot like two weeks ago (or one week ago or three weeks ago).  Will be an ugly mess that eventually comes down to if someone for either side can make a play to win it or perhaps more likely if someone makes a play that loses it.

#4 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,704 posts

Posted 07 December 2021 - 02:48 PM

Who's even left in the secondary?  I don't think I know anyone underneath Stephens on the depth chart.  Averett, Jimmy, Tavon, Clark, Westry, Stephens, and ??? Gonna need to thoroughly review Randall's graphics when they come out this week.

#5 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,982 posts

Posted 07 December 2021 - 03:53 PM

I think there's a decent chance this is the last win of the season.

#6 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,704 posts

Posted 07 December 2021 - 04:00 PM

Is Mekari out?  That may be as big of a loss as Humphrey.  I'd take a CB off the street against Landry over Phillips and Villanueva against Garrett and Clowney.  Can we chip both of them every play?

#7 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 07 December 2021 - 04:57 PM

Is Mekari out? That may be as big of a loss as Humphrey. I'd take a CB off the street against Landry over Phillips and Villanueva against Garrett and Clowney. Can we chip both of them every play?

I believe Harbs said he'd be out for a few weeks. Hope I heard that wrong.

Also, Boyle was inactive. Could he be another Stanley or Wolfe?

#8 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 07 December 2021 - 07:56 PM

This is a really tough position for the Ravens.  Almost all of the intangibles I look at favor the Browns.  Browns at home, coming off their bye, playing the Ravens after just playing them.  Huge preparation advantage.  Ravens 2nd division game on the road.  Browns desperately need a win to save a chance for the playoffs just the way Pittsburgh did.  Ravens now have one week to figure out what to do with their decimated secondary.  

Like I said the Browns almost have to win this week to have any chance.  After Sunday they have Vegas at home, at Green Bay, at Pittsburgh and finish at home to Cincinnati.  Assuming 10-7 to secure a playoff spot, they would have to run the table if they lose Sunday.  That ain't happening with that schedule.  Sunday is essentially a playoff game for them.   

#9 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,840 posts

Posted 07 December 2021 - 08:27 PM

Its tough to see us winning more than 1 more game at this point. Insane amount of injuries. Maybe they find a way to get 2 and get in the playoffs

#10 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,704 posts

Posted 07 December 2021 - 08:36 PM

I think they may be slight to moderate dogs but I'm not scared of any of the divisional games.  I wouldn't pick them right now to win two or three of those but it wouldn't remotely surprise me.

GB and Rams scare me right now.  Maybe if the team is playing much better than they have since the first Bengals game by the time those games roll around (more of a thing for the Rams) I'll feel differently, but otherwise I'll have an extremely low confidence in any of those games.  1-in-4 type long odds.

#11 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 07 December 2021 - 08:36 PM

I could see us beating the Rams and Steelers the last two games of the year. I think at Cle is a toss up; home GB and at Cincy are losses.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#12 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 08 December 2021 - 06:08 AM

I think the key to this game is keeping Cleveland's offense off the field. The Ravens have not been able to protect Lamar either. I say let's run the ball down their throats. The Ravens win a tough close game If Lamar has 80 plus yards on the ground.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#13 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 08 December 2021 - 06:09 AM

I believe Harbs said he'd be out for a few weeks. Hope I heard that wrong.

Also, Boyle was inactive. Could he be another Stanley or Wolfe?

Mekari has a hand injury that will keep him out for a few weeks.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#14 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 08 December 2021 - 08:33 AM

Losing last week definitely makes this a must-win. GB, CIN and LA are all really bad matchups for the Ravens at this point (as is pretty much any semi-healthy, semi-competent team).

Time to really lean on the Lamar-centric run game. I was worried about the season-long wear and tear earlier in the year, but we're in the home stretch now and the season is on the line. We know what to expect from the backs, and Lamar and Duvernay give you the most dynamic options on the outside.

The front seven needs another inspiring performance, unlike last week. Not sure exactly what happened in the second half, but it's gonna be a loss if the run defense looks like that against Cleveland.

#15 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 08 December 2021 - 01:04 PM

Losing last week definitely makes this a must-win. GB, CIN and LA are all really bad matchups for the Ravens at this point (as is pretty much any semi-healthy, semi-competent team).

Time to really lean on the Lamar-centric run game. I was worried about the season-long wear and tear earlier in the year, but we're in the home stretch now and the season is on the line. We know what to expect from the backs, and Lamar and Duvernay give you the most dynamic options on the outside.

The front seven needs another inspiring performance, unlike last week. Not sure exactly what happened in the second half, but it's gonna be a loss if the run defense looks like that against Cleveland.

I really thought they would go to that in the Pittsburgh game.  With Lamar Jackson getting blitzed all of the time and in a funk throwing the ball, seemed like the perfect time to do so.

#16 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 08 December 2021 - 01:27 PM

Had typed out the scenario where the Ravens could fall to #7 in the playoff seedings, but accidentally hit back and lost it. 

Long story short, Loss + Wins by KC, CIN, LAC, BUF: BAL loses division lead, and tiebreakers all the way down to #7. 

Loss + KC loss + Wins by CIN, LAC, BUF: BAL falls to #6, KC to #7.

Win+ TEN win: Stay at #3.

Win + TEN loss: Move up to #2. Share 9-4 record with #1 NE, who would own tiebreaker with 7-1 AFC record. BAL (with win) 6-4.

• cprenegade likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#17 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 08 December 2021 - 01:29 PM

I really thought they would go to that in the Pittsburgh game.  With Lamar Jackson getting blitzed all of the time and in a funk throwing the ball, seemed like the perfect time to do so.

Last week would've been a great time, but better late than never. The way this offense is playing, it just doesn't seem like Lamar is gonna strictly pass his way out of the slump. He's making bad decisions, but also pretty clearly doesn't trust his o-line (understandably) and seems like he's continually locking onto targets before the snap.

They need a reset in the worst way. Feels like getting back to the Lamar show running offense would help get him in the groove, but also reign in the blitz and open up more play-action. I'd love to see them be able to get him moving out of the pocket again more on boots and moving pockets.

It's certainly not that simple, and the backs and line are part of the problem even in the running game, but I don't recall seeing much of the inverted veer, GT bash type plays these days. I guess they don't necessarily have the athletes on the line with all of the injuries and shuffling.

#18 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 08 December 2021 - 02:54 PM

I don't know.

Don't have much faith in offense to score more than 20 points, which we haven't done in over a month.

Probably going to be another slog. Wouldn't be surprised to have this one be another disappointing loss.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#19 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,704 posts

Posted 08 December 2021 - 03:28 PM

I assume it'll be an ugly narrow win or an ugly narrow loss.  I don't think Cleveland is good enough to thoroughly beat even the decimated roster we've got left.

Very confident that it'll be ugly though.

#20 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,840 posts

Posted 08 December 2021 - 03:51 PM

We will likely be underdogs in all our remaining games other than maybe the Steelers game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=