Photo

BSL: 2012 Orioles Top 30 Prospect List (& Other Lists)

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#41 Tucker Blair

Tucker Blair

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

Bullpen Banter: Baltimore Orioles 2013 Top 15 Prospects
http://bullpenbanter... ... prospects/

A great list by Al, Jeff, and co.
These guys really know their stuff and see all these players.
My list is not that different from theirs, give or take a few things. Same players though.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#42 Stotle

Stotle

2080 Baseball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 529 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

Bullpen Banter: Baltimore Orioles 2013 Top 15 Prospects
http://bullpenbanter... ... prospects/

A great list by Al, Jeff, and co.
These guys really know their stuff and see all these players.
My list is not that different from theirs, give or take a few things. Same players though.

Bundy's got a mid-90s cutter? Who knew?
@NickJFaleris

#43 SrMeowMeow

SrMeowMeow
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

He touches triple digits on his cutter but the O's won't let him use it because they think it will hinder his development and also they are fascists.

(Since it's my first post I guess I should be clear that I am joking)
  • BSLChrisStoner and JeffLong like this

#44 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

FanGraphs: O's Top 15 Prospects
http://www.fangraphs...spects-2012-13/

#45 JeffLong

JeffLong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

FanGraphs: O's Top 15 Prospects
http://www.fangraphs...spects-2012-13/

I think the list looked pretty good, interesting to see some guys moved around.

His point that the O's have a lot of limited upside rotation guys is interesting, though I definitely think there is value in a guy who's likely to be a solid 4/5.
@JeffLongBP

#46 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:36 AM

Would be great to see Schrader lower the walks, and Dan Klein have a return of health and performance at some point this year.

#47 Tucker Blair

Tucker Blair

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

Would be great to see Schrader lower the walks, and Dan Klein have a return of health and performance at some point this year.

I think Schrader is always going to be on the wild side, but I agree it certainly would be great to see him.

Haven't heard much on Klein yet, not sure if that is a good or bad thing.

#48 RichardZ

RichardZ

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

I think Schrader is always going to be on the wild side, but I agree it certainly would be great to see him.

Haven't heard much on Klein yet, not sure if that is a good or bad thing.

Last I heard on Klein was, if things went well, he'd be pitching by the 2nd half of the season or towards the end of this season.

#49 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

On Orioles Hangout, the poster skanar has pulled together multiple O's Prospect lists:

http://forum.orioles...ts-in-One-Place
  • Tucker Blair likes this

#50 Can_of_corn

Can_of_corn

Lacks Fancy Title

• Members
  • Pip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

Seeing Schoop behind Rodriguez shocked me.

http://mlb.mlb.com/m...y2013/#list=bal

Bundy
Gausman
Rodriguez
Schoop
Delmonico
Hoes
Avery
Kline
Wright
Davis
Marin
Berry
Hader
Johnson
Jones
Davies
Walker
Belfiore
Ohlman
Bridwell

Well I hear Linda Ronstadt is looking for a guitar player.

#51 Kevin Ebert

Kevin Ebert
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

We talked about Jonathan Mayo's MLB.com rankings on the podcast last night. Keith Law just released his this afternoon. They differed from Keith Law's quite a bit. Here are the Orioles on KLaw's list.

#3 Dylan Bundy
#26 Kevin Gausman
#50 Jonathan Schoop
#100 Eduardo Rodriguez

What do you guys think of KLaw's list?
@BSLKevinEbert

#52 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

I think he's higher on some guys that even I would have been. Interesting to see Eduardo there since most of the locals like to put Delmonico above him on the O's lists.
@JeremyMStrain

#53 Kevin Ebert

Kevin Ebert
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

I think he's higher on some guys that even I would have been. Interesting to see Eduardo there since most of the locals like to put Delmonico above him on the O's lists.

In his writeup, he admitted to being higher on Schoop than most. Not really new information though. He doesn't think Schoop can stick at SS, and would fit better at 3B than 2B. Thinks he'll be able to play either spot though.

It's hard for me to say where I'd rank him because I don't know the other guys well enough to say, but I think he definitely deserves to be somewhere in the back half of a top 100 list. He's just been so young for his level the past couple years and has still kept his head above water. When he's at an age appropriate level, we'll really see what he can do.
@BSLKevinEbert

#54 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

In his writeup, he admitted to being higher on Schoop than most. Not really new information though. He doesn't think Schoop can stick at SS, and would fit better at 3B than 2B. Thinks he'll be able to play either spot though.

It's hard for me to say where I'd rank him because I don't know the other guys well enough to say, but I think he definitely deserves to be somewhere in the back half of a top 100 list. He's just been so young for his level the past couple years and has still kept his head above water. When he's at an age appropriate level, we'll really see what he can do.

Yeah I know he's been a real fan of his for a while. It's funny cause I said almost the same thing about him after I saw him a couple times. I think he gets in his own way with his footwork, but he's got a good arm, and the bat would play great at 2B but serviceable at 3B. I think he should be in there too, I would have thought around 75ish.

I was really surprised about Rodriguez though, a) because he edged in there at 100, and b) because most people have Delmonico rated higher than ER (which is a startling set of initials for a pitcher), so it makes me wonder how high he'd have Delmonico rated, does the talent level start with ER, or ND and is Delmonico a top 150 player?
@JeremyMStrain

#55 Can_of_corn

Can_of_corn

Lacks Fancy Title

• Members
  • Pip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

Color me confused. I post the MLB.com top 20 list which has Rodriguez above Schoop and instead of talking about that you are talking about KLaw having him over Delmonico.

#56 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

Color me confused. I post the MLB.com top 20 list which has Rodriguez above Schoop and instead of talking about that you are talking about KLaw having him over Delmonico.

The team top 20? I don't even read those...especially not on MLB.com. Sorry :( As I touched on in the other thread, Mayo (who is a lot of the weight in the MLB.com rankings) doesn't go see guys himself, he uses contacts to do rankings. That means the list comes down to which guys the scouts he talks to likes best. You could ask 5 scouts and get 5 different lists though.
@JeremyMStrain

#57 Can_of_corn

Can_of_corn

Lacks Fancy Title

• Members
  • Pip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:35 PM

The team top 20? I don't even read those...especially not on MLB.com. Sorry :( As I touched on in the other thread, Mayo (who is a lot of the weight in the MLB.com rankings) doesn't go see guys himself, he uses contacts to do rankings. That means the list comes down to which guys the scouts he talks to likes best. You could ask 5 scouts and get 5 different lists though.

True but I thought the Top 3 for the O's was pretty well set in stone. After the top 3 I saw it as anything goes and personal preference.

#58 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

True but I thought the Top 3 for the O's was pretty well set in stone. After the top 3 I saw it as anything goes and personal preference.

It is really, ER being over Schoop is pretty much a personal statement of how much he/they dislike Schoop more than anything about anyone else. You ask 100 scouts/people in the game, and I bet at least 95 of them like Schoop much more than ER or ND.

I sent Law a tweet earlier because I was interested to see where he ranks Delmonico, most people I talk to think the drop off is after him and before ER, so I don't know if he's just backwards there or if he still has the drop off after Nick and he's not far out of the 100.
@JeremyMStrain

#59 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

http://www.baseballa... ... ects-list/

Bundy and Gausman only 2 Orioles.

#60 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

MLB.com: A conglomerate Top 100
http://minors.mlblog...morate-top-100/

Jonathan Mayo at MLB.com, Baseball America's, and Keith Law's lists looked at together.

Bundy 2.33
Gausman 29.67
Schoop 84
Rodriguez 100.67

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=