121 replies to this topic

#121 PD24

PD24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 18 November 2021 - 03:22 PM

I don't have much to add but at this point I would absolutely take "whatever guy Damon Evans can get to come here next" over Mark Turgeon has head coach moving forward.  Yes, there is a chance things get worse.  I'm willing to take that chance in order to have a chance that things get better.  I think there is more room for upward movement than downward.  The resources and history of the program are going to keep the floor relatively high.  

They'd have to do some pretty special things this year for my opinion on him continuing as coach to change.

This is probably the best and most obvious point that we can make at this juncture. 

@PeterDiLutis

#122 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,837 posts

Posted 18 November 2021 - 03:27 PM

You just keep trying until you find a successful guy. Look what Drew has done at Baylor. That was just the first example that came to mind but the right guy can build an exciting contending program pretty much anywhere. We get too caught up sometimes in prestige and where we fit in. If youre not a blue blood program who have crazy expectations almost every year then you dont need to worry to much about hiring the wrong guy and going backwards from where Turge has us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=