• Please log in to reply
512 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,680 posts

Posted 09 November 2021 - 08:54 AM

ESPN's match-up predictor gives the Ravens a 63.4% chance of winning.

#2 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,014 posts

Posted 10 November 2021 - 08:00 AM

Considering the insanity that is the NFL, don't be surprised if tomorrow night's game is a nail biter and comes down to another game winning Tucker FG.  If Buffalo can lose to Jacksonville, anything's possible.  On paper, it shouldn't be close but you know how that goes. 

#3 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 10 November 2021 - 08:20 AM

Considering the insanity that is the NFL, don't be surprised if tomorrow night's game is a nail biter and comes down to another game winning Tucker FG. If Buffalo can lose to Jacksonville, anything's possible. On paper, it shouldn't be close but you know how that goes.

Wont be surprised if we lose. Weve proven we can play poorly for long stretches.

#4 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,342 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 November 2021 - 08:23 AM

I think they’re going to ball out and enjoy their evening in Miami. Don’t be scared.

#5 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 10 November 2021 - 08:25 AM

Thursday night games are always a crapshoot. Miami isn't good. But neither is Detroit, and we probably should have lost that game. Not really sure what all we can fix in a quick turn around from Minnesota. Miami does have a really good secondary. So hopefully Roman can keep the running game rolling.

#6 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 10 November 2021 - 08:27 AM

I think they’re going to ball out and enjoy their evening in Miami. Don’t be scared.

When your defense has been as inconsistent and shaky as ours has been from week to week, any game could be a nail biter. I would hope we can shut Brissett down. But we'll see. Maybe you were on to something with the Fire Wink calls.

#7 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,349 posts

Posted 10 November 2021 - 09:00 AM

When your defense has been as inconsistent and shaky as ours has been from week to week, any game could be a nail biter. I would hope we can shut Brissett down. But we'll see. Maybe you were on to something with the Fire Wink calls.

I read yesterday that Miami is worst in the league in allowing pressures, and I forget the numbers but #2 wasn't even close. This is the week for the defense to get back to looking good, if they can't then it's a problem.

Yeah, Thursday road game, but it should look like the Chargers game. We'll see...

#8 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,790 posts

Posted 10 November 2021 - 09:50 AM

Thursday night games are always rough for both teams but especially tough on the road team, especially when you have to fly.  You really lose a lot of prep time.  A few years ago Miami had to come up here for a Thursday night game and got crushed, 40-0.  They were a 4-2 team at that time.  

The Ravens have won 8 of the last 9 against the Dolphins and the last 3 by a combined score of 137-16.  Ouch!   Miami will be starting their backup QB, but I think that's a plus for them.  In the small sample I have seen Tua is awful.  I would rather face him than Brissett.  

On paper, the Ravens should win this game comfortably.  But their defense is not good so you can't just assume it will be that easy.  And the spread is only 7 1/2.  It's not like this would be an upset of Jax/Buffalo proportions where the spread was 15 1/2.   Still, can't see them losing to Miami or Chicago in the next two games. 

After that the last 7 games are a little bit tougher.  Five against Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Cincinnati.  The other two against the Rams and Packers.  

#9 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,342 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 November 2021 - 10:26 AM

Are the Ravens a good team or not?

If they are, you don't lose to this Miami team, I don't give a damn if the game was Sunday night, a few hours after the Vikings game.

Some examples of what solid teams did on Thursday night's this season:

-Colts dropped 45 against a scrappy road Jets team that posted 30

-GB without their WR's (Covid) goes on the road and hands the Cardinals their first loss

-TB beat Philly on the road

-Rams beat the Seahawks on the road

-Panthers beat the Texans convincingly, on the road

I think the Thursday's narrative has gotten a bit out of hand. Good teams are expected to win against team's like this.

• Mike in STL likes this

#10 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,834 posts

Posted 10 November 2021 - 10:28 AM

Jaylen Waddle is a damned good player. He can, and likely will, give them problems.

Anything can happen. This team has shown us the full spectrum of highs and lows of which they are capable. Won't be surprised with either result.

#11 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,342 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 November 2021 - 10:28 AM

He falls back on the same tricks too often, but without the personnel to execute. 

The consistent big plays against the best part of our secondary the past few weeks is getting really old. Jefferson torched Humphrey for a huge play Sunday, and obviously Chase just abused Marlon all day before the bye. 

I still believe in Humphrey, so that's just poor coaching IMO. But never ye fear, Harbs wouldn't do it - not unless forced.

#12 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 10 November 2021 - 10:39 AM

Thursday night games are always rough for both teams but especially tough on the road team, especially when you have to fly. You really lose a lot of prep time. A few years ago Miami had to come up here for a Thursday night game and got crushed, 40-0. They were a 4-2 team at that time.

The Ravens have won 8 of the last 9 against the Dolphins and the last 3 by a combined score of 137-16. Ouch! Miami will be starting their backup QB, but I think that's a plus for them. In the small sample I have seen Tua is awful. I would rather face him than Brissett.

On paper, the Ravens should win this game comfortably. But their defense is not good so you can't just assume it will be that easy. And the spread is only 7 1/2. It's not like this would be an upset of Jax/Buffalo proportions where the spread was 15 1/2. Still, can't see them losing to Miami or Chicago in the next two games.

After that the last 7 games are a little bit tougher. Five against Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Cincinnati. The other two against the Rams and Packers.

Agreed that Brissett is likely better than tiny Tua. Schedule does get tougher to end. Do need to take care of business the next two weeks

#13 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,014 posts

Posted 10 November 2021 - 11:09 AM

If the Ravens win the next two(and they should), they'll be sitting pretty at 8-2.  Even if they only go 4-3 in the final 7, I think most of us would have been content with a 12-5 record at the beginning of the season.  They'll easily make the play-offs, probably will win the division and get a first round bye.  So, I think it's extremely important that they take of business with the Dolphins and Bears. 

#14 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 10 November 2021 - 11:18 AM

He falls back on the same tricks too often, but without the personnel to execute. 

The consistent big plays against the best part of our secondary the past few weeks is getting really old. Jefferson torched Humphrey for a huge play Sunday, and obviously Chase just abused Marlon all day before the bye. 

I still believe in Humphrey, so that's just poor coaching IMO. But never ye fear, Harbs wouldn't do it - not unless forced.

In fairness to Marlon, that was not his fault on Sunday.  He was supposed to have Clark over the top and Chuck blew the coverage.

@mikeghg

#15 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,342 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 November 2021 - 11:31 AM

In fairness to Marlon, that was not his fault on Sunday.  He was supposed to have Clark over the top and Chuck blew the coverage.

I was wondering that, it looked like it could have been on either, or both, but makes sense. Wouldn't have stopped the completion, but would've limited the damage.

#16 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 10 November 2021 - 11:35 AM

I was wondering that, it looked like it could have been on either, or both, but makes sense. Wouldn't have stopped the completion, but would've limited the damage.

I always look at the guy getting beat, and Marlon looked directly at Clark.  From where I sit, it looked like Clark was tapping his chest as if to say, I missed it.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@mikeghg

#17 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 10 November 2021 - 11:37 AM

The only reason I am scared about this game, is the energy they had to spend to beat the Vikings.

I think if the Ravens get up early, it will be game over.  If they let the Dolphins hang around it could get to be a nail biter.

@mikeghg

#18 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,363 posts

Posted 10 November 2021 - 11:38 AM

Anything can happen during any game, but especially so on Thursdays.  I am expecting a convincing Ravens win, but there are definitely some other scary possibly outcomes.

• Mike B likes this

#19 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 10 November 2021 - 12:18 PM

I'm sure it will come down to the end of the 4th or OT because it's a work night and I have to get up at 4:30.  Same as the other three primetime games this year.

• JStruds likes this

#20 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,455 posts

Posted 10 November 2021 - 12:48 PM

Don't see any likely scenario where the Ravens don't win handedly.

I'm thinking 48-10 or something there abouts.

Miami is awful on offense. Just awful. Even our sorry defense should hold them to 10 or less.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=