#21 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,435 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 20 October 2021 - 05:19 PM

I have four tickets available to this game (long story — I’m still going but have extras). I paid $150 each but I’ll sell them for $100 each. Try to recoup as much $ as I can. Will sell in pairs too

Section 524 row 10. Very solid seats.

Lemme know thanks

In case anyone is interested two have been sold. Have two left at $100 each.

Thanks!

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#22 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,790 posts

Posted 20 October 2021 - 06:45 PM

This would be a huge statement win for Cincinnati.  They have already beaten one nemesis in Pittsburgh, a win over Baltimore would say they have arrived as a contender.  If the game was in Cincy I would give them a better chance.  If the Ravens play the way they did last Sunday they should win fairly easily.  But they don't always play that way.  Their defense is inconsistent and can be prone to making mediocre teams look good.  When they were 4-1 they looked like the luckiest 4-1 team in the league.  They needed a forced fumble by their best defensive playmaker to date to beat KC, a blind timekeeper to beat Detroit, and a host of Indy kicking problems to beat the Colts.  After last week, they looked like a legitimate 5-1 team.  Which team shows up on Sunday is anyone's guess, but if they show up like they did against the Chargers they should probably beat Cincy by at least 10.

#23 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,018 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 07:31 AM

Every game creates apprehension on my part in varying degrees.  That said, the Ravens have played great football against the Bengals since Lamar took over at quarterback.  He's had some of his most dazzling games against them and always seems to be at his best.  Can things go wrong in this game?  Of course they could.  I'd like to see some consistency from the defense.  As good as they looked against the Chargers, they could just as easily give up over 400 yards and 30 points to Cincinnati and we'll be right back to trashing them on social media.  Offensively, it's logical to think that Lamar is going to be airing it out again because the Bengals have a pretty good run defense. Maybe this is the week Bateman gets his first TD catch. Hopefully, they won't go into this game like they did with the Colts and sleep walk through the first three quarters.  If they get off to a quick start, build a 14-0 lead like last week, I think they cruise to their 6th victory.  We shall see. 

#24 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 07:57 AM

I'm not sure how the Bengals line has performed so far this year, but they were horrendous last season and it doesn't seem like they did a whole lot to improve between then and now. Hopefully we get to see another big day for Oweh, Houston and the crew. I bet some of these delayed blitzes and loopers they've run with Oweh could be very effective.

With Elliott being back and Averett's Colts performance looking more like a one-off or bad match-up, I feel better about the secondary holding up against Cincy's receivers too, as good of a group as they may be. Especially if they're getting pressure on Burrow. I think the Bengals RBs matched up on our LBs in the passing game could be trouble, but maybe that's improved with Bynes out there.

The health of the o-line (Bozeman this week) continues to be my main concern with the offense, but they've given us no reason to doubt them against any opponent.

I would expect it to at least be close-ish being a divisional game against an improved team, but it still feels like the Ravens have the advantage in the majority of their match-ups in this game.

#25 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 12:04 PM

I'm not sure how the Bengals line has performed so far this year, but they were horrendous last season and it doesn't seem like they did a whole lot to improve between then and now. Hopefully we get to see another big day for Oweh, Houston and the crew. I bet some of these delayed blitzes and loopers they've run with Oweh could be very effective.

With Elliott being back and Averett's Colts performance looking more like a one-off or bad match-up, I feel better about the secondary holding up against Cincy's receivers too, as good of a group as they may be. Especially if they're getting pressure on Burrow. I think the Bengals RBs matched up on our LBs in the passing game could be trouble, but maybe that's improved with Bynes out there.

The health of the o-line (Bozeman this week) continues to be my main concern with the offense, but they've given us no reason to doubt them against any opponent.

I would expect it to at least be close-ish being a divisional game against an improved team, but it still feels like the Ravens have the advantage in the majority of their match-ups in this game.

They got Jonah Williams back at LT, and he's played pretty good. Question Spain has been pretty good at LG as well according to PFF. But from the C to the RT it's been kind of ugly, ratings-wise. Might be a day where Campbell and Madubuike make their presence known all day.

#26 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 22 October 2021 - 06:55 AM

Balt Sun: Why Marlon Humphrey vs. Ja’Marr Chase could shape the Ravens vs. Bengals rivalry

#27 BSLJamieSieck

BSLJamieSieck

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 22 October 2021 - 02:26 PM

I'm not really sure what to make of the Bengals yet. They're 4-2 but their schedule has been relatively weak. You can only play who's on your schedule so good for Cindy but I don't know if they're "for real", especially on defense.

With that said, I feel like their offense is structured similar to the Chargers. Good QB, a solid RB and 2 good WRs. They haven't gotten a ton of production out of TE and then beyond Chase and Boyd, WR production has been meh.

I would try to keep a safety over the top of Chase as much as possible and when I don't so that, bracket him underneath. We should be very multiple up front, very similar to what we did to Herbert.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#28 BSLJamieSieck

BSLJamieSieck

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 22 October 2021 - 02:44 PM

Murray and Watkins out for Sunday. Villanueva, Queen and Bozeman are questionable.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#29 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 22 October 2021 - 04:25 PM

Murray and Watkins out for Sunday. Villanueva, Queen and Bozeman are questionable.

I'm interested to see who Roman uses as his hammer now. No Murray opens up about 15 touches and 25ish snaps at RB. I'm guessing Freemans role increases a little bit. But will it be Williams getting a shot at a bigger role again, or will they just split Bell and Williams behind Freeman.

#30 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,018 posts

Posted 23 October 2021 - 05:58 AM

I'm interested to see who Roman uses as his hammer now. No Murray opens up about 15 touches and 25ish snaps at RB. I'm guessing Freemans role increases a little bit. But will it be Williams getting a shot at a bigger role again, or will they just split Bell and Williams behind Freeman.

Hopefully, it's Freeman and Williams.  I've already had my fill of Bell. 

• cprenegade likes this

#31 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 23 October 2021 - 07:03 AM

#32 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 23 October 2021 - 09:50 AM

Hopefully, it's Freeman and Williams. I've already had my fill of Bell.

I agree. I'm actually curious to see what Freeman can do with some more touches. Still think Williams is the best pure runner in the group. But it is very clear that the coaches disagree, or don't trust him.

#33 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 October 2021 - 10:03 AM

It's crazy to see the narrative change around here regarding Freeman over a few days span. Prior to the Chargers game, he was the one who most here thought was least effective, had nothing left. He gets 50+ yards against the worst rush defense, of which one carry accounted for nearly a 3rd of those yards, and now everyone is all intrigued.

Basically I'm just grateful for every non #8 rushing yard at this point. But none of these guys are good. I think we should be really clear on that.
  • cprenegade likes this

#34 BSLJamieSieck

BSLJamieSieck

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 23 October 2021 - 11:23 AM

It's crazy to see the narrative change around here regarding Freeman over a few days span. Prior to the Chargers game, he was the one who most here thought was least effective, had nothing left. He gets 50+ yards against the worst rush defense, of which one carry accounted for nearly a 3rd of those yards, and now everyone is all intrigued.

Basically I'm just grateful for every non #8 rushing yard at this point. But none of these guys are good. I think we should be really clear on that.

Freeman did show a little burst last weekend that had not been on display as of yet this season. Perhaps he was still getting accustomed to the offense and was thinking a bit too much? Or, perhaps last weekend was fool's gold?

Either way, our options are very limited so carries are going to either Freeman, Bell or Williams.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

@primetime667083

#35 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,018 posts

Posted 23 October 2021 - 11:39 AM

Freeman did show a little burst last weekend that had not been on display as of yet this season. Perhaps he was still getting accustomed to the offense and was thinking a bit too much? Or, perhaps last weekend was fool's gold?

Either way, our options are very limited so carries are going to either Freeman, Bell or Williams.

I agree.  It was more his burst and confidence of getting the ball, cutting and moving downfield that impressed me.  Before the Chargers game, he just seemed to be moving in slow motion along with the other two.  As Ricker mentioned, it was against the worst run defense in the league and you have to take what Freeman did with a grain of salt but it was more than just his yardage.  He looked like a runner out there that could do some damage with a seam or hole in front of him. 

#36 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 October 2021 - 11:51 AM

Hard to show burst when you're going down on first contact like most games. The Chargers run defense is really bad. He is one of the only options, so I'm not saying anything other than pump the brakes. It's just kinda funny to see any kind of expectations starting to form for him, when like 10 days ago everyone was making jokes about trading him (in the team's asking about Ravens RB's thread).

#37 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,790 posts

Posted 23 October 2021 - 02:44 PM

Hopefully, it's Freeman and Williams.  I've already had my fill of Bell. 

Leveon Bell always has been over-rated.  He was great with Pittsburgh for a reason.  And that reason was that Mike Munchak, their O-line coach, designed the blocking schemes to take advantage of his unorthodox running style.  He even admitted as much.  When Bell went to the Jets, he sucked.  The Jets never designed their O-line blocking schemes to fit his style of running.  Andy Reed never was going to do that either.  Now he is in Baltimore and the Ravens aren't going to re-tool their schemes for one guy when he isn't the most important guy in their offense.  Bottom line is that Bell was a product of an offensive scheme that was basically put into place to fit him.  Without that scheme he is an average or maybe less than average running back.  And now he is a less than average running back who has a lot of age on him.  In other words, totally washed up.  

• jamesdean likes this

#38 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 October 2021 - 03:35 PM

Leveon Bell always has been over-rated.  He was great with Pittsburgh for a reason.  And that reason was that Mike Munchak, their O-line coach, designed the blocking schemes to take advantage of his unorthodox running style.  He even admitted as much.  When Bell went to the Jets, he sucked.  The Jets never designed their O-line blocking schemes to fit his style of running.  Andy Reed never was going to do that either.  Now he is in Baltimore and the Ravens aren't going to re-tool their schemes for one guy when he isn't the most important guy in their offense.  Bottom line is that Bell was a product of an offensive scheme that was basically put into place to fit him.  Without that scheme he is an average or maybe less than average running back.  And now he is a less than average running back who has a lot of age on him.  In other words, totally washed up.  

I hated Bell and the team his team for years but he was not over rated IMO.  He was a very good runner reading the holes, and one of the best receivers out of the backfield, I have ever seen.  Who cares if the system suited him, he took advantage.

I suspect your point of him being done may be correct, but he has 12 touches, so we still need to see more.

• You Play to Win the Game and cprenegade like this
@mikeghg

#39 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 23 October 2021 - 03:36 PM

If Bell wasn’t a Steeler, meaning not on prime time 8 times a year, he’s a lot more forgettable. I know he had some good seasons as a pass catcher. But it’s the slobbering over the most simple of traits that make guys like him and and Ben seem like second coming.

His patience! Ehr mah gerd!
@BSLMikeRandall

#40 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 October 2021 - 03:38 PM

JMO, but every week, i read the bashing of the backs, but we lost our

entire running back room in a week.  This is what we have.  Get used to see a committee.  So far it is working 

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=