578 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 07:48 AM

5-1 Baltimore hosts 4-2 Cincinnati. 

ESPN's matchup indicator gives the Ravens a 68.3% chance of winning. 

#2 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 08:03 AM

Cincy has a decent defense, especially against the run. Will be tough to get the old-timers going against them so I am expecting a game plan that sees Lamar passing early and often.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#3 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 19 October 2021 - 08:06 AM

Only Week 7 matchup featuring two +.500 teams.

#4 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 08:10 AM

Only Week 7 matchup featuring two +.500 teams.

And we'll still get the CBS D-list crew.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#5 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,546 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 19 October 2021 - 08:17 AM

I have four tickets available to this game (long story — I’m still going but have extras). I paid $150 each but I’ll sell them for $100 each. Try to recoup as much $ as I can. Will sell in pairs too

Section 524 row 10. Very solid seats.

Lemme know thanks

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#6 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,994 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 10:02 AM

Cincinnati is pretty good. Burrow, Mixon, and the wide receiver trio are a good offense.

Interested in what the defense dials up.

#7 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 10:17 AM

Wink and the defense completely dominated Burrow in the game last season, basically doing exactly what we just did to Herbert, except the blitzers from the secondary got Burrow down rather than just force incompletions.  That was early on so he's better now and they've added Chase who is a stud, but in general I like the matchup of the Ravens defense against a young QB.

#8 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 10:27 AM

Im guessing we are like -6.

#9 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 10:30 AM

Im guessing we are like -6.

6.5 with some added juice. We should win but you never know.

#10 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 October 2021 - 11:21 AM

Cincy will play this like it is the Super Bowl.  I think the Ravens take care of them and get to the bye, at 6-1.  

@mikeghg

#11 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 01:20 PM

This is obviously an enormous game for both teams as far as the division goes. Taking a two game lead in the L column with at worst a head to head tie, big perk for the Ravens. A Bengals win practically puts them ahead with game two played at CIN, and they'd have the possibility to sew up head to head then.

Heard it mentioned this morning that Buffalo only has two games left on their schedule against teams that currently have a winning record. Now it's early, so some of those teams will go on a run probably, but their schedule could certainly be a lot harder than it currently looks.

Burrow to Chase over the top scares me most. Hopefully Wink continues his run of smarts and ditches the cover zero or single high stuff. I think if the Ravens avoid the quick strike big plays in the air, they'll be in good shape.
  • Mike B likes this

#12 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 October 2021 - 02:02 PM

This is obviously an enormous game for both teams as far as the division goes. Taking a two game lead in the L column with at worst a head to head tie, big perk for the Ravens. A Bengals win practically puts them ahead with game two played at CIN, and they'd have the possibility to sew up head to head then.

Heard it mentioned this morning that Buffalo only has two games left on their schedule against teams that currently have a winning record. Now it's early, so some of those teams will go on a run probably, but their schedule could certainly be a lot harder than it currently looks.

Burrow to Chase over the top scares me most. Hopefully Wink continues his run of smarts and ditches the cover zero or single high stuff. I think if the Ravens avoid the quick strike big plays in the air, they'll be in good shape.

Good post.  i think this is the Ravens chance to take charge and with a win, basically tell the rest of the division, that the road goes through Baltimore.

As for the Bills, they are now in the old NE role.  They are good and their division stinks, so there is no reason for them not to win 13 games at the least.

@mikeghg

#13 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 02:55 PM

Good post. i think this is the Ravens chance to take charge and with a win, basically tell the rest of the division, that the road goes through Baltimore.

As for the Bills, they are now in the old NE role. They are good and their division stinks, so there is no reason for them not to win 13 games at the least.

Tenn has a pretty easy division too. Imagine playing Hou and Jax 4 times a year.SMH.

#14 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 08:51 PM

I'm not sure how to feel about this game. Cincy has 4 wins, but 3 of them are the Lions, Steelers and Jags. They played GB tight though, probably should have won that game. But they lost to the Bears. I haven't watched much of them this season. But it seems like they try and use Mixon to set up the pass. And Chase seems to be pretty hot right now.

I'm expecting a close game. I'm thinking like 24-21 type of game. Hopefully the Ravens end it with the 24.

#15 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 09:18 PM

Not playing it or anything but gut tells me we build on last week and cover the 6.5.

#16 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 09:19 PM

Expect more trouble from Cousins, ZImmer, and Minn than Cin.

#17 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 20 October 2021 - 12:13 PM

DVOA

Ravens 6th overall, 9th offense, 14th defense, 1st special teams

Bengals 13th overall, 19th offense, 5th defense, 10th special teams

#18 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 20 October 2021 - 12:28 PM

#19 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 20 October 2021 - 12:42 PM

It's not a total mismatch and divisional games are prone to equalizing even moreso than a non-divisional game with the same point spread, but I can't really think of a scenario of how the Ravens could lose without it being a really frustrating and anger-inducing result.  I don't see any potential for "they were ok but they just got outplayed by a good team" type of postgame response like what could've been said after last week's game if that had gone very differently.

• makoman likes this

#20 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,994 posts

Posted 20 October 2021 - 02:38 PM

It's not a total mismatch and divisional games are prone to equalizing even moreso than a non-divisional game with the same point spread, but I can't really think of a scenario of how the Ravens could lose without it being a really frustrating and anger-inducing result. I don't see any potential for "they were ok but they just got outplayed by a good team" type of postgame response like what could've been said after last week's game if that had gone very differently.

I could see Ja'Marr Chase going crazy being that reason.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=