#21 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 16 October 2021 - 08:40 PM

I hope that means a heavy dose of Bell then. I want to see if he’s worthy of adding to the roster. If you barely use him, and then doesn’t clear waivers, kind of a waste. Especially if the next team gives him a real look with injuries making the rounds, and he turns into a good player again.

Edit: I don’t think Bell or Smith have to clear waivers after this game. Kevon Seymour used his two call ups already and I don’t recall him having to clear waivers on the last one.

Ah ok. So you get 2 call ups, 2 returns. Then, on the 3rd call up, you have to be added to the 53?
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#22 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 08:47 PM

Seymour has actually played in 3 games and as far as I know was never waived and is still on PS, so I really don’t know how this works, ha. Maybe the Lions was a COVID one, although the transaction I saw said standard.

#23 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 17 October 2021 - 09:57 AM

Would definitely be a game changer if they could stick Humphrey on Allen and let the rest of the secondary deal with the rest of the WR corps sans Williams.

Wink has said this isn't how they run the defense but I think having Marlon shadow Williams all day is a good idea. You could mix and match who covers Allen and bracket underneath or keep a safety over the top.

I'm worried about covering Ekeler out of the backfield. Our LB play has been abysmal and Ekeler is killing it as a receiver. I'm glad DeShon is back today; he's our Arn Anderson.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#24 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 10:15 AM

Wink has said this isn't how they run the defense but I think having Marlon shadow Williams all day is a good idea. You could mix and match who covers Allen and bracket underneath or keep a safety over the top.

I'm worried about covering Ekeler out of the backfield. Our LB play has been abysmal and Ekeler is killing it as a receiver. I'm glad DeShon is back today; he's our Arn Anderson.

Ekeler wouldn't be a huge problem if someone on this team could tackle.  I could accept him getting some first downs and averaging about 7-10 yards a catch.  But it's when he gets past the line and our sieve linebackers are all he has to beat that it gets ugly.  Then instead of a 10 yard gain, you have one for 30-50 yards, if not a touchdown.  So yeah, you have every reason to be worried about Ekeler. 

#25 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 17 October 2021 - 10:41 AM

Ty'Son is a healthy scratch again.
@primetime667083

#26 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 10:59 AM

Seymour has actually played in 3 games and as far as I know was never waived and is still on PS, so I really don’t know how this works, ha. Maybe the Lions was a COVID one, although the transaction I saw said standard.

I believe the Lions game was Covid replacement. They replaced 4 guys and didn’t use any “call ups” that game.
  • makoman likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#27 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 11:00 AM

Ah ok. So you get 2 call ups, 2 returns. Then, on the 3rd call up, you have to be added to the 53?

I think so. After the 2nd call up it’s basically the player reverts back to the pre-Covid rules.
@BSLMikeRandall

#28 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 11:04 AM

He was good at the beginning but seems like a JAG lately tbh. Seems tentative and I’ve seen people pointing out that he’s missed a few big cut back lanes where you know Gus would have picked up 20+.

I don’t know if his problem is the defenses, coaches killed his confidence, or he just is what he is. I’m fine with seeing if Bell has anything left.

#29 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 11:51 AM

He was good at the beginning but seems like a JAG lately tbh. Seems tentative and I’ve seen people pointing out that he’s missed a few big cut back lanes where you know Gus would have picked up 20+.

I don’t know if his problem is the defenses, coaches killed his confidence, or he just is what he is. I’m fine with seeing if Bell has anything left.

Let me save you the suspense- no, he doesn't have anything left. 

#30 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,263 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 12:00 PM

Expected that as soon as they elevated Bell.

#31 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 17 October 2021 - 12:09 PM

Chuck Clark is a baller!!
@primetime667083

#32 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 02:02 PM

I think they might run out of luck on this one. Their play outside of LJ has really been pretty poor. Can't keep up like that, especially against a team that is as rock solid as the Chargers are.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA  :mrgreen:

#33 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 02:04 PM

After the Chief's game, I don't count them out against anyone. 

24-6 so far

#34 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,840 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 02:38 PM

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA :mrgreen:

Hes the best reverse jinx going today
  • bmore_ken likes this

#35 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,982 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 03:04 PM

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA :mrgreen:

How embarrassing for me. I thought they *might* lose to a 4-1 team.

Good work coming back after the fact though, when it's nice and safe.

#36 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,263 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 03:08 PM

I expected a close, high scoring game. One team lived up to it. Chargers looked pretty bad from the opening kickoff. Not sure what Staley did all week, but watching film, and making smart decisions apparently weren't among things on his agenda.

#37 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 03:13 PM

How embarrassing for me. I thought they *might* lose to a 4-1 team.

Good work coming back after the fact though, when it's nice and safe.

Actually if you can read back a few posts. I posted after KC I don't count them out against anyone. Way before the game. You counted them out before the game. Try again slick.  :mrgreen:

#38 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,982 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 03:19 PM

Actually if you can read back a few posts. I posted after KC I don't count them out against anyone. Way before the game. You counted them out before the game. Try again slick. :mrgreen:

How is saying they might lose counting them out?

And how is saying "don't count them out" the same as saying they're a slam dunk guarantee?

Go on, explain.

#39 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 04:30 PM

How is saying they might lose counting them out?

And how is saying "don't count them out" the same as saying they're a slam dunk guarantee?

Go on, explain.

At least attempt to keep it real bro. You expected them to lose this game. For once in your life , be intellectually honest. 

#40 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,982 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 04:58 PM

At least attempt to keep it real bro. You expected them to lose this game. For once in your life , be intellectually honest.

Oh, so you admit I didn't say it. Great. Glad we cleared that up.

I mean exactly what I say.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=