• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JimJohnson

JimJohnson

HOF

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 07:42 AM

Ravens-Chargers isn't exactly a rivalry, but they played two particularly interesting games in San Diego that I write about this week. These games came down to plays by diminutive running backs, the Chargers' Darren Sproles and the Ravens' Ray Rice, both with happy endings for Baltimore fans. What do remember about these games, or any other matchups besides the Ravens' disappointing playoff loss in 2018?

https://baltimorespo...chargers-games/

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
Jim Johnson
BSL Contributor

#2 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 13 October 2021 - 09:06 AM

The Heap TD in 2006 is probably one of the first Ravens games I feel like I can remember vividly. Also obviously the playoff game didn't go well, but beating them in the regular season that year was Lamar's first primetime win and definitely felt like a major accomplishment for a rookie.  

she/her

#3 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 01:26 PM

I remember Rice's 4th & 29 conversion like it was yesterday.  

• JimJohnson likes this

#4 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 13 October 2021 - 03:03 PM

The Heap TD in 2006 is probably one of the first Ravens games I feel like I can remember vividly. Also obviously the playoff game didn't go well, but beating them in the regular season that year was Lamar's first primetime win and definitely felt like a major accomplishment for a rookie.

In celebrating the 2006 Heap TD, my dad busted up his arm and head when he jumped up and hit the bulkhead on my basement ceiling.

My favorite memory vs the Chargers was back in 2000. Coach Billick had banned the "P word" and on sleet and rain filled afternoon, we smacked the Chargers around and clinched the 1st playoff berth in franchise history. Even though the ban on "playoffs" was lifted, Festivus in Baltimore was born.
  • JimJohnson likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=