• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#2 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,156 posts

Posted 12 October 2021 - 07:12 PM

What can you say?  An incredible, revolutionizing talent. 

#3 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,259 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 04:36 AM

If anyone was wondering, the general public and media members who hate him have shifted gears. They're laying off of the "he can't throw BS" finally. They've moved on to the "He'll never win a big game when it matters" agenda. I really will never understand the unwarranted hate for this man. Guy is a generational talent, he's humble, and he seems like a legit great guy. I guess people hate being wrong so much that they'd rather continue to look like an idiot than admit their take on him when he was drafted was terrible.
  • Mashed Potatoes likes this

#4 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,156 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 05:35 AM

If anyone was wondering, the general public and media members who hate him have shifted gears. They're laying off of the "he can't throw BS" finally. They've moved on to the "He'll never win a big game when it matters" agenda. I really will never understand the unwarranted hate for this man. Guy is a generational talent, he's humble, and he seems like a legit great guy. I guess people hate being wrong so much that they'd rather continue to look like an idiot than admit their take on him when he was drafted was terrible.

Hell, all generational talent aside, just picturing Joe Flacco standing in the pocket like he's been rooted in cement, taking a hit and then fumbling the ball is all I need to remind myself how wonderful it is to have Lamar Jackson at quarterback. 

• bmore_ken likes this

#5 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,652 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 07:14 AM

Looks like most seasons the top QBs accumulate more yards than about 5-8 teams.  18 is pretty insane, though of course it's just a quarter season so more prone to big performances shining through and more teams that are going through a down stretch that they'll figure out a bit over the long course of a season.  For example, Tom Brady has more yards than 15 teams so far this season.  Deshaun Watson had more yards than 6 teams last season.

#6 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,976 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 11:17 AM

I also genuinely wonder how much analysts and pundits are encouraged to be intentionally contrarian for the sake of driving up clicks and viewership. It wouldn't at all surprise me - some guys have made a career out of it.

#7 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,455 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 October 2021 - 11:34 AM

Seems rather obvious to me.

#8 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 13 October 2021 - 12:23 PM

Looks like most seasons the top QBs accumulate more yards than about 5-8 teams. 18 is pretty insane, though of course it's just a quarter season so more prone to big performances shining through and more teams that are going through a down stretch that they'll figure out a bit over the long course of a season. For example, Tom Brady has more yards than 15 teams so far this season. Deshaun Watson had more yards than 6 teams last season.

Interesting. The headline and the raw numbers caught my attention without any thought to the perspective that it's not as spectacular an accomplishment as it sounds. Still, it is impressive.

#9 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,543 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 12:37 PM

I have a Dallas fan cousin who keeps saying 1-3 whenever I send him a "Lamar is awesome" text like this. I tell him that text has been archived for future reference.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#10 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,976 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 12:42 PM

I have a Dallas fan cousin who keeps saying 1-3 whenever I send him a "Lamar is awesome" text like this. I tell him that text has been archived for future reference.

Oh the irony of a Dallas fan using playoff record as a complaint.
  • NewMarketSean likes this

#11 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,543 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 12:47 PM

Oh the irony of a Dallas fan using playoff record as a complaint.

Oh yeah, I know. He is a cynical "I know they suck" kind of fan, but his hopes are up so far this year.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=