#2 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 06 October 2021 - 01:13 PM

Nice job Mirzet. Queen continues to worry we Ravens fans; may be too early to declare him a total bust, but it won't take much more of him appearing on the bottom half of your list to convince many of us.

Are you sure Andrews had no drops? I would have sworn there were a couple. Maybe tips or degree of difficulty caused them to not be counted.

#3 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 01:28 PM

Let that sink in. Queen has been the lowest graded player on the entire team 3 weeks running. 

#4 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 02:02 PM

Nice job Mirzet. Queen continues to worry we Ravens fans; may be too early to declare him a total bust, but it won't take much more of him appearing on the bottom half of your list to convince many of us.

Are you sure Andrews had no drops? I would have sworn there were a couple. Maybe tips or degree of difficulty caused them to not be counted.

I don't remember any drops for Andrews. Oliver had a couple.

#5 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,018 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 02:19 PM

Let that sink in. Queen has been the lowest graded player on the entire team 3 weeks running. 

The question is, how much longer is Harbaugh going to tolerate such a liability on defense?  

#6 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 05:18 PM

Was Elam as bad as Queen has been? 

#7 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,012 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 05:47 PM

I think Elam was the biggest draft bust of the last decade at least. Queen makes some plays, and makes mistakes. Elam never made a remotely significant good play in his entire time here. Not a ringing endorsement of Queen... Elam was just completely lost ALL the time, his entire time here.

#8 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 06:22 PM

Not sure Elam every got this much leash to be this bad. Not that we had a chance to draft him without moving up but Im curious how Kenneth Murray is playing and grading out. 

#9 MirzetSalihovic

MirzetSalihovic

All-Star

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 06:48 PM

Not sure Elam every got this much leash to be this bad. Not that we had a chance to draft him without moving up but Im curious how Kenneth Murray is playing and grading out. 

elam always graded poorly in general, but was decent against the run. To put into perspective, elams worst season was 16 missed tackles, queen already has 9. I still believe in queen, just gonna take some time i think. he was only a one year starter at LSU, but it is concerning seeing him grade poorly every week

#10 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,352 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 07:00 PM

A PFF analyst was making fun of Queen on twitter for running away from a play. Thing is, he was obviously stunting, did his job occupying a blocker, and Houston got a free run to the QB (this was on Oweh’s sack I think). A bunch of people called the guy out and he deleted the tweet, but it makes me wonder if the people grading these plays know what they’re looking at. A missed tackle is one thing and easy, but does something like that get a negative score?

I’m not saying I think Queen’s been good, far from it, but it was just not a ringing endorsement of PFF grades.

#11 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 07:02 PM

Unfortunately I think Queen was just a 1 yr wonder. Took him forever to find the field at LSU. Didnt even star to begin the 2019 season. Like a 6  or 7 game run. If Im remembering correctly

#12 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 07:04 PM

A PFF analyst was making fun of Queen on twitter for running away from a play. Thing is, he was obviously stunting, did his job occupying a blocker, and Houston got a free run to the QB (this was on Oweh’s sack I think). A bunch of people called the guy out and he deleted the tweet, but it makes me wonder if the people grading these plays know what they’re looking at. A missed tackle is one thing and easy, but does something like that get a negative score?

I’m not saying I think Queen’s been good, far from it, but it was just not a ringing endorsement of PFF grades.

Thats pretty bad. I def think its correct to be skeptical of PFF. For multiple reasons really. I guarantee an analytics forward thinking team like the Ravens arent much if any attention to what they have to say. That said, I think its pretty obvious to anyone watching that Queen has been bad

#13 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,018 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 07:10 PM

Thats pretty bad. I def think its correct to be skeptical of PFF. For multiple reasons really. I guarantee an analytics forward thinking team like the Ravens arent much if any attention to what they have to say. That said, I think its pretty obvious to anyone watching that Queen has been bad

What I find most disturbing is considering his position, he's so weak physically.  I know we were spoiled with Ray but the prototypical middle linebacker is one that hits hard, sheds tackles, roams sideline to sideline and in general, makes a running back or receiver afraid to enter his sphere.  It's just the opposite with Queen.  He's the one being roughed up and bullied.  

#14 MirzetSalihovic

MirzetSalihovic

All-Star

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 09:21 PM

What I find most disturbing is considering his position, he's so weak physically. I know we were spoiled with Ray but the prototypical middle linebacker is one that hits hard, sheds tackles, roams sideline to sideline and in general, makes a running back or receiver afraid to enter his sphere. It's just the opposite with Queen. He's the one being roughed up and bullied.

Queen is talented but can’t get off of lineman. If you watch his film, and see a blocker coming at him, they almost always move him off the ball. Whereas you see Harrison play much better against the run

#15 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 07 October 2021 - 03:58 PM

Elam was better by PFF. He graded at 51 and 40 in his 2 years. But I don't remember specific plays from Elam so I can't say whether he deserved those ratings.

#16 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 07 October 2021 - 04:06 PM

Queen is talented but can’t get off of lineman. If you watch his film, and see a blocker coming at him, they almost always move him off the ball. Whereas you see Harrison play much better against the run

So I think that Queen's instincts are a big reason he is having problems shedding blocks. If you watch Ray Lewis' highlights, you will see him moving decisively when the ball is snapped, so when the blocker moves up to engage him, he's in a better position to shed. Queen is a step late because he just doesn't read plays fast enough, and so by the time he gets his feet moving, the blocker has already engaged him, and because he's in a bad position + he is undersized, he gets pancaked.

#17 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 07 October 2021 - 04:37 PM

Seriously is there anything Queen does consistently well? Paricularly a skill thats needed as a LB.

#18 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,018 posts

Posted 07 October 2021 - 04:55 PM

Seriously is there anything Queen does consistently well? Paricularly a skill thats needed as a LB.

You'll see him in group tackles but unfortunately, it's rare that he shows up by himself to make a great play.  Usually, he's wandering in space, being wiped out by a lineman or flailing away trying to bring someone to the ground. 

#19 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 07 October 2021 - 06:52 PM

He's ummm... uhhh.... fast... I guess.

#20 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 07 October 2021 - 07:03 PM

Yeah he's def great at showing up near the end of a group tackle and celebrating as if he was the lead tackler on the play.

He's also great at catching up to guys who beat him in coverage for late tackles.

Also great at receiving accolades before evey game, as if he's the 2nd coming of Ray Lewis.

I'm being a bit mean, Patrick Queen seems like a stand-up human being, so I feel a little bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=