50 replies to this topic

#41 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 12:05 PM

Is Indys defense still fast and good? They shut us down in the 1st half last year. A little nervous about this game.

#42 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,263 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 12:12 PM

Is Indys defense still fast and good? They shut us down in the 1st half last year. A little nervous about this game.

So far this year they've been middle of the pack. Leonard hasn't been his usual playmaking self to this point. Ratings wise on PFF, they have one of the worst team coverage rankings. But overall they're ranked as the 12th best defense. They seem to be in the top 15. Still have Leonard and Buckner.

#43 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 12:30 PM

Ravens 6th in DVOA. Not bad for an injury riddled team still trying to figure some things out. 3-1 feels like the deserving record. Could be 4-0 but could be 1-3 too. Will say that I think the North is the hardest division in the AFC. West is solid but Pitt wont completely go away. Defense will be there and theyll find a way to nearly every week. Cle is very solid. Defense and run game really good. When Baker isnt a complete bum they are real tough. Cincy Im not totally sure about but clear they are at minimum decent. Compare that to the AFC West where I think all the teams are a bit suspect. We know the Chiefs will do enough on offense to compete but the other 3. Are we sure any of them are better than Pitt or Cin. I dont think so.

#44 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 02:22 PM

Every game makes me nervous but if they handled Denver's defense, they can do the same to Indy. 

#45 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 02:42 PM

Every game makes me nervous but if they handled Denver's defense, they can do the same to Indy.

Might be wrong but my impession is the Colts offense is more dangerous than Denvers

#46 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 02:44 PM

Ravens 6th in DVOA. Not bad for an injury riddled team still trying to figure some things out. 3-1 feels like the deserving record. Could be 4-0 but could be 1-3 too. Will say that I think the North is the hardest division in the AFC. West is solid but Pitt wont completely go away. Defense will be there and theyll find a way to nearly every week. Cle is very solid. Defense and run game really good. When Baker isnt a complete bum they are real tough. Cincy Im not totally sure about but clear they are at minimum decent. Compare that to the AFC West where I think all the teams are a bit suspect. We know the Chiefs will do enough on offense to compete but the other 3. Are we sure any of them are better than Pitt or Cin. I dont think so.

I feel very comfortable saying the Chargers are better than both Pitt and Cinci. I think the Raiders have a pretty fair argument considering they beat Pitt h2h. A lot can change over the course of the season, but the Steelers improving considerably isn't something I'd bet on. The Bengals at least look clearly improved from last season, especially on defense.

#47 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 03:00 PM

I feel very comfortable saying the Chargers are better than both Pitt and Cinci. I think the Raiders have a pretty fair argument considering they beat Pitt h2h. A lot can change over the course of the season, but the Steelers improving considerably isn't something I'd bet on. The Bengals at least look clearly improved from last season, especially on defense.

I may regret saying this but I'm not very concerned with Pittsburgh or Cincinnati.  The Steelers will hold steady defensively but offensively, it's a team on the steady decline.  Roethlisberger is fading quickly, is highly susceptible to injury, can't throw the ball with any velocity beyond 20 yards and his offensive line stinks.  And because it stinks, their running game will be limited most of the time.  The Bengals certainly couldn't have gotten much worse over the past few seasons but they're still not close to sniffing the postseason. They'll find their way back to mediocrity or worse by the time they've reached the final quarter.  Cleveland is the team to fear going forward and I look for the Ravens to go neck and neck right down the wire with them. 

#48 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 03:00 PM

Steelers will probably find a way to win 8 or 9. We will see. Certainly a case the West is stronger

#49 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 03:04 PM

Might be wrong but my impession is the Colts offense is more dangerous than Denvers

You never know with Wentz.  He's one of those guys if you hit him a few times early in the game, he starts to do some pretty stupid things with the ball.  We should be able to control their run game since it's been pretty pedestrian so far.  I do think it will come down to pass rush and pressuring Wentz.  

#50 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,263 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 06:51 PM

You never know with Wentz. He's one of those guys if you hit him a few times early in the game, he starts to do some pretty stupid things with the ball. We should be able to control their run game since it's been pretty pedestrian so far. I do think it will come down to pass rush and pressuring Wentz.

I think you see Wink employ Oweh in a similar manner that he did with Bridgewater and Lock. Loop him to the middle as a spy, then attack the QB when a lane opens or when they roll out. With Wentz he loves to hold the ball and move around, I think Oweh could have a huge impact on this game.
  • jamesdean likes this

#51 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 08:07 PM

For whatever it's worth, the Colts offense has only eclipsed 20 points in one of their four games. They put up 24 in another but 7 came thanks to a fumbled punt snap recovered in the end zone. So, they haven't seemed to be a juggernaut.

If Wink can resist inviting some big plays with his cover zero and blitz madness, this SHOULD be a manageable total the Ravens offense will need to beat...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=