#1 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 10:08 AM

BSL: https://baltimorespo...iracles-needed/

More like, not so fast five. Late to the party. Had some issues. Nevertheless, five thoughts on the Ravens 23-7 win to improve to 3-1. 

• BSLChrisStoner, Mike B and BSLJamieSieck like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 October 2021 - 10:26 AM

BSL: https://baltimorespo...iracles-needed/

More like, not so fast five. Late to the party. Had some issues. Nevertheless, five thoughts on the Ravens 23-7 win to improve to 3-1. 

Good stuff Mike.

Andre Smith looks like he did not expect to be on a team this year.  He looks out of shape to me.  Finding a tackle seems like a must as the trade deadline nears.

• Mike in STL and russsnyder like this
@mikeghg

#3 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 11:00 AM

Good stuff Mike.

Andre Smith looks like he did not expect to be on a team this year. He looks out of shape to me. Finding a tackle seems like a must as the trade deadline nears.

A T no we need to add to our collection of 5 RBs.

#4 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,018 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 11:40 AM

Did Ben Cleveland play at all yesterday?  Or in Detroit?  

#5 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 11:42 AM

Did Ben Cleveland play at all yesterday? Or in Detroit?

26 snaps in Detroit and 34 snaps yesterday. Very pedestrian so far

#6 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 11:48 AM

A T no we need to add to our collection of 5 RBs.

We need to drop 3 of them. If that record is so important to Harbaugh, that he runs a play with 3 seconds left. Then favoring Freeman and Murray over Williams makes even less sense.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#7 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 October 2021 - 12:48 PM

Did Ben Cleveland play at all yesterday?  Or in Detroit?  

Yes, a good amount.

@mikeghg

#8 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 October 2021 - 12:50 PM

We need to drop 3 of them. If that record is so important to Harbaugh, that he runs a play with 3 seconds left. Then favoring Freeman and Murray over Williams makes even less sense.

Murray fills a role.  I expect either Freeman or Bell is a casualty when they start bringing guys back.  Again I think all the angst over the running backs is a little over done.  These are after all our 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th backs.

@mikeghg

#9 St.Steveg

St.Steveg
  • Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 01:52 PM

26 snaps in Detroit and 34 snaps yesterday. Very pedestrian so far

Seems to me the best thing that can happen to a guard is to never hear his name called.

• Mike in STL and makoman like this

#10 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 02:02 PM

Shots fired.

Vic Fangio on the Ravens running with 3 seconds left: 

"I thought it was bull**** but I expected that from them."

"Players safety is secondary for them."

Harbaugh's reply:

"I thought we were on good terms. We had a nice chat before the game. But I promise you I'm not going give that insult one second of thought. What's meaningful to us is not necessarily meaningful to them."

Then mentioned that he wasn't aware of a 16 point play. What did throwing into the endzone with 10 seconds left have to do with winning?

I side with Harbaugh.

• You Play to Win the Game, BaltBird 24 and BSLJamieSieck like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#11 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 02:19 PM

Fangio was bad here. Thats all I got. Also the coach all 4 years for Jim in SF. Feel like that was definitely a shot a Harbaugh in particular so thats a bit intetesting.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#12 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,018 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 03:27 PM

Seems to me the best thing that can happen to a guard is to never hear his name called.

True but I was just curious.  I wasn't even thinking about it during the game.  Otherwise, I would have made a point to see who was out there.  

#13 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,014 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 03:31 PM

Remember, the league talks about safety and then proceeded to add a 17th regular season game... So there's that. Safety has largely become a baton people in the league want to use to argue a point or criticize when angry and it fits their purpose.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#14 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 03:32 PM

It's good to see Averett playing well considering some here were ragging on him before the season started. 

#15 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 03:51 PM

Shots fired.

Vic Fangio on the Ravens running with 3 seconds left:
"I thought it was bull**** but I expected that from them."
"Players safety is secondary for them."

Harbaugh's reply:
"I thought we were on good terms. We had a nice chat before the game. But I promise you I'm not going give that insult one second of thought. What's meaningful to us is not necessarily meaningful to them."
Then mentioned that he wasn't aware of a 16 point play. What did throwing into the endzone with 10 seconds left have to do with winning?

I side with Harbaugh.

I mean, Harbaugh crushes Fangio's point on player safety. When it comes to player safety, what's the difference in him throwing on 4th down with 10 seconds left, vs the Ravens running a sweep with 3? You could actually argue that the pass from the Broncos is more meaningless than the sweep from the Ravens.

I 100% believe Fangio was pissed because he lost his moral victory of breaking the Ravens rushing steak. He can play coy and act like he didn't know about it. But his pride took a shot when Harbaugh took his ability to say, "we lost, but we broke their streak. They couldn't run on us."

#16 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 03:58 PM

Murray fills a role. I expect either Freeman or Bell is a casualty when they start bringing guys back. Again I think all the angst over the running backs is a little over done. These are after all our 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th backs.

I'm fine with Murray in a spell back kind of role. In no way should he be a featured RB that gets 15+ carries a game.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#17 BSLJamieSieck

BSLJamieSieck

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 04 October 2021 - 04:16 PM

I mean, Harbaugh crushes Fangio's point on player safety. When it comes to player safety, what's the difference in him throwing on 4th down with 10 seconds left, vs the Ravens running a sweep with 3? You could actually argue that the pass from the Broncos is more meaningless than the sweep from the Ravens.

I 100% believe Fangio was pissed because he lost his moral victory of breaking the Ravens rushing steak. He can play coy and act like he didn't know about it. But his pride took a shot when Harbaugh took his ability to say, "we lost, but we broke their streak. They couldn't run on us."

Total sour grapes on Fangio's part. They got their asses whipped and they want to moan about something. Try focusing on your poor protection and pass coverage instead of worrying about a little QB keeper.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#18 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 04 October 2021 - 04:19 PM

How many times did Murray try and kick a run to the outside only to wind up losing more yards?

#19 BSLJamieSieck

BSLJamieSieck

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 04 October 2021 - 04:21 PM

Remember, the league talks about safety and then proceeded to add a 17th regular season game... So there's that. Safety has largely become a baton people in the league want to use to argue a point or criticize when angry and it fits their purpose.

The NFL touting player safety is laughable. After the big concussion lawsuit some years back, it's been all about "protecting the shield", nothing more.

As you mentioned, if player safety was paramount, there would be no 17th game or no Thursday night games after a team played on Sunday.

At its heart, the NFL is just another corporation, which means profit wins out over all other things.
  • JStruds likes this

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#20 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 04:30 PM

How many times did Murray try and kick a run to the outside only to wind up losing more yards?

To be honest when I watched the game, it didn't look like that was all on him. As has been mentioned by a few people already, they stacked the box most of the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=