Posted 01 October 2021 - 08:26 AM

ESPN: Jackson's back has Ravens in 'wait and see' mode

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,000 posts

Posted 02 October 2021 - 10:14 AM

Balt SunMystery football theater: Are the Ravens and Broncos AFC contenders or teams with big questions to answer?

#3 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 02 October 2021 - 03:13 PM

LeVeon Bell elevated from the PS for tomorrow
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#4 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 02 October 2021 - 03:18 PM

LeVeon Bell elevated from the PS for tomorrow

Interesting, but not really exciting. Prove me wrong LeVeon, please.

#5 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,821 posts

Posted 02 October 2021 - 07:00 PM

Really hoping Bell has something to give though it might take some weeks for him to find his game legs. Hopefully people arent expecting 15 carries and 5 targets this week.

#6 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 02 October 2021 - 09:10 PM

XhMmRAF.png

Bell and Kevon Seymour promoted for the game. Andre Smith promoted as a COVID replacement for Jaylon Ferguson.

Derek Wolfe moved to IR. Week 7 is the earliest we could see him. Must be on e hell of a back injury. Hasn't practiced in about 7 weeks, and now they make the IR move?

49 players on the active roster. Brought up to 52 for the game. Stanley is out. Need to find three more inactive players. Will they roll with four RBs, or is Freeman on the chopping block? How serious are the other injuries to those with a questionable tag?

@BSLMikeRandall

#7 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 02 October 2021 - 09:36 PM

We'll see.  My thoughts are that Bell will be as lame as Freeman and Murray.  There is a reason why all of these guys were not on a roster.  None of them were going to command cap busting salaries, they all came cheap.  So why did 31 other teams have better options if these guys could still produce and could be bargain values?   I figure we see the same from Bell as we have from the others.  If Bell couldn't thrive in a system with Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes, I don't know where he can survive.  The Ravens rushing game will go as far as Jackson takes it, and if Williams can solve his fumbling problems he can be in the mix.  Bell, Freeman, and Murray are all experiments that I believe will ultimately fail.  

#8 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 October 2021 - 10:19 PM

Really hoping Bell has something to give though it might take some weeks for him to find his game legs. Hopefully people arent expecting 15 carries and 5 targets this week.

Yep, I think he gets maybe 8-10 touches.

I think people are being too critical of all the backs we picked up.  They are playing in a different system.  Let’s see where Murray and Bell and maybe even Freeman are in a few weeks,  We need 1 or 2 to step up.

• JStruds likes this
@mikeghg

#9 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 03 October 2021 - 06:39 AM

XhMmRAF.png

Bell and Kevon Seymour promoted for the game. Andre Smith promoted as a COVID replacement for Jaylon Ferguson.

Derek Wolfe moved to IR. Week 7 is the earliest we could see him. Must be on e hell of a back injury. Hasn't practiced in about 7 weeks, and now they make the IR move?

49 players on the active roster. Brought up to 52 for the game. Stanley is out. Need to find three more inactive players. Will they roll with four RBs, or is Freeman on the chopping block? How serious are the other injuries to those with a questionable tag?

I think Wolfe is done for the season. 

#10 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 03 October 2021 - 01:02 PM

This should be a pretty cool day for Louisville having Lamar face Teddy for the first time 

• JStruds likes this

she/her

#11 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 03 October 2021 - 02:01 PM

How is Williams inactive in favor Devonta Freeman? Wow...
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#12 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 October 2021 - 02:03 PM

I do not think Harbs trusts Williams to hold onto the ball and in pass pro.

I am not sure I agree, but he sees the film.

• PrimeTime likes this
@mikeghg

#13 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 October 2021 - 02:05 PM

One more thing, Freeman has had exactly 5 touches in 2 games, so I am not sure we can say we have decided he can not help.

@mikeghg

#14 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 03 October 2021 - 02:06 PM

I do not think Harbs trusts Williams to hold onto the ball and in pass pro.
I am not sure I agree, but he sees the film.

Pass protection must be it. If it's running the football, Freeman shouldn't be on an NFL roster.
@primetime667083

#15 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 03 October 2021 - 02:08 PM

One more thing, Freeman has had exactly 5 touches in 2 games, so I am not sure we can say we have decided he can not help.

He has no explosion and looks indecisive, which are not good traits for a running back. With that said, I suppose it's a small sample. I would like to see Nate McCrary get an opportunity at some point.
@primetime667083

#16 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 03 October 2021 - 02:11 PM

Insanity.

Sounds like the plan is to throw the ball 45 times today.
@BSLMikeRandall

#17 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,821 posts

Posted 03 October 2021 - 02:15 PM

Pass protection must be it. If it's running the football, Freeman shouldn't be on an NFL roster.

Its obviously something. Btw if it is pass pro then something is way off between PFF and what the Ravens see.

#18 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 03 October 2021 - 02:20 PM

Its obviously something. Btw if it is pass pro then something is way off between PFF and what the Ravens see.

I think it's the fumbles.  Harbaugh comes from the Bill Belichick school of coaching.  They hold grudges and will stick it to you if you don't satisfy their structured expectations.  It's a shame because outside of the two fumbles, Williams looked as good as Gus in my opinion. If the running game crashes and burns today, Harbaugh needs to only look in the mirror.  It would be 100% on him.  

#19 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 03 October 2021 - 02:20 PM

Bell, Freeman, Murray.

This backfield would have been dope in 2015
  • You Play to Win the Game and BobPhelan like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#20 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,821 posts

Posted 03 October 2021 - 02:21 PM

Btw Baltimore now -1. Im assuming the sharps came in on the Ravens. I feel like we win this one. Its Teddy Bridgewater for goodness sake

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=