676 replies to this topic

#21 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,445 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 08:49 PM

It's better to go in knowing we're going to get destroyed unlike in years past where we felt like this would be the year we get over the hump.

Way less anxiety.

#22 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 07:29 AM

Balt Sun: The Ravens’ strategies for stopping Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs haven’t worked. The alternatives are just as grim. | ANALYSIS

#23 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 07:30 AM

It's better to go in knowing we're going to get destroyed unlike in years past where we felt like this would be the year we get over the hump.

Way less anxiety.

Everything sets up for KC....   but that's why you play the games, and with Jackson the field... you at-least have a chance imo.

• Mike B and sandiegosean like this

#24 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 07:31 AM

Hopefully the running backs have worked with Lamar on the mesh point all week in practice so they can run some more read option type plays. There didn't seem to be too many of those calls last week, especially after the botched handoff on one early.

I'm assuming Ronnie Stanley is not playing, but hopefully Jimmy Smith is ready to go. Although I'm sure he won't be 100%, it would help having him outside while they move Humphrey around some more.

And please don't call so many zero blitzes this Sunday, Wink. That's a sure recipe to get torched by Mahomes and Hill every time.

#25 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 07:52 AM

Balt Sun: The Ravens have a lot of injuries. John Harbaugh doesn’t want to talk about them.

#26 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 September 2021 - 12:50 PM

Got my Ravens gear set out.  I have my masks, and I am looking forward to going to the game.

• You Play to Win the Game, DuffMan and russsnyder like this
@mikeghg

#27 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 02:53 PM

ryZcOt2.png

Andre Smith elevated for the game give the Ravens 8 O-lineman so they can have 48 active rather than 47.  Ronnie Stanley, despite the "questionable" tag, is probably out. AV goes to LT. Mekari RT. 

Kevon Seymour just added to the team is elevated, will also be active with only 3 CBs that don't have injury designations. Marlo and Jimmy both limited participants late in the week. 

5 guys will be inactive. Derek Wolfe for sure. Likely Ronnie Stanley. Hayes probably doesn't figure in. Duvernay may not suit up, listed as a groin. Probably need to nurse that kind of injury, though limited in practice. Proche deserves more run anyway. If the other questionables are good to go, Ar'Darius Washington would be a healthy scratch. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#28 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 September 2021 - 02:59 PM

ryZcOt2.png

Andre Smith elevated for the game give the Ravens 8 O-lineman so they can have 48 active rather than 47.  Ronnie Stanley, despite the "questionable" tag, is probably out. AV goes to LT. Mekari RT. 

Kevon Seymour just added to the team is elevated, will also be active with only 3 CBs that don't have injury designations. Marlo and Jimmy both limited participants late in the week. 

5 guys will be inactive. Derek Wolfe for sure. Likely Ronnie Stanley. Hayes probably doesn't figure in. Duvernay may not suit up, listed as a groin. Probably need to nurse that kind of injury, though limited in practice. Proche deserves more run anyway. If the other questionables are good to go, Ar'Darius Washington would be a healthy scratch. 

My first reaction, Kevon Seymour??  

It could be tough, but let’s just give them hell and do our best,

The injuries have made the start of the season a nightmare.

@mikeghg

#29 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 04:48 PM

On ESPN Sunday NFL Countdown, Patrick Mahomes on Lamar Jackson: "He's the fastest guy on the football field but people still don't talk about how good he's been able to pass the ball."

#30 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 September 2021 - 04:49 PM

Mahomes is good people. Just as good a human as he is a QB. Hard not to root for him, except for tonight.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#31 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 19 September 2021 - 06:30 PM

Mahomes is good people. Just as good a human as he is a QB. Hard not to root for him, except for tonight.

I imagine this is just me, but there is something about him I just don't like. Not really one tangible thing, but his mannerisms on the field; the way he carries himself, his making the penalty calls before the refs and maybe a few more minor things just don't sit right with me.

However, that doesn't change my admiring how great he plays the game.

#32 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 06:44 PM

Stanley, Wolfe, Jimmy, Hayes, Broderick Washington inactive.
@BSLMikeRandall

#33 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 September 2021 - 06:44 PM

I imagine this is just me, but there is something about him I just don't like. Not really one tangible thing, but his mannerisms on the field; the way he carries himself, his making the penalty calls before the refs and maybe a few more minor things just don't sit right with me.

However, that doesn't change my admiring how great he plays the game.

Uber conpetiveness. Can't hate on him for that IMO.

#34 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 06:45 PM

Greg Roman should check out some of the box scores from around the league today. Ask himself if the days of one back playing the whole game actually are over like he believes.
@BSLMikeRandall

#35 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 September 2021 - 06:49 PM

Greg Roman should check out some of the box scores from around the league today. Ask himself if the days of one back playing the whole game actually are over like he believes.

Sometimes I wonder if there are more Henry's out there--guys where if coaches wouldn't shrivel up after a few bad carries, and stick with it they'd be productive. Just a different league these days. There's something about the way a run game wears down a defensive front over the course of a game.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#36 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 07:03 PM

Sometimes I wonder if there are more Henry's out there--guys where if coaches wouldn't shrivel up after a few bad carries, and stick with it they'd be productive. Just a different league these days. There's something about the way a run game wears down a defensive front over the course of a game.

Which makes Gus' injury even more disappointing to me.  With Dobbins out, I really thought he would become our Derrick Henry and would finally become a star in the NFL.  Just wasn't in the cards. 

#37 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 07:12 PM

I feel like a decade ago or more, analysts figured out if a guy got 400 touches one year, he was significantly worse, or getting injured the next year. If you have two capable backs, I’m fine with a committee approach. If you have Derrick Henry and a waterboy… Sorry about your legs Derrick. Run them into the ground.
@BSLMikeRandall

#38 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 07:23 PM

Ravens starting on offense.

#39 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators