88 replies to this topic

#1 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 09 September 2021 - 07:40 PM

On the pod last night I said 14-3. Additional losses today of Edwards and Peters will have me backtrack that to 12-5. 

I find it harder to wrap my head around relying on the running game without Edwards. The drop off from Dobbins to Edwards was smaller to me than it is from Edwards to Williams. Peters will be missed for sure. 

• You Play to Win the Game and PrimeTime like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 09 September 2021 - 07:55 PM

Before today, I would have said 12-5, maybe 13-4.  Now, I'd say 10-7 is being quite generous.  Sorry, just too many injuries to important players.  And I feel any prospect of Lamar finally getting his wish of a Super Bowl has been laid to rest before it even started. 

#3 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,450 posts

Posted 09 September 2021 - 07:57 PM

Hopefully the receivers can take the next step with the passing game and new position coaches.

At this point, with all the injuries, I'd be ecstatic if they won 10 games.

#4 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,704 posts

Posted 09 September 2021 - 08:00 PM

I'll say 10-7.

#5 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,560 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 09 September 2021 - 08:15 PM

11-6

• bmore_ken likes this

#6 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,394 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 09 September 2021 - 08:38 PM

9-8. We'll need data to know for sure, but I think we see fewer 9-win wild card teams in a 17 game season.

#7 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,840 posts

Posted 09 September 2021 - 08:44 PM

Still a lot of talent here. 10 or 11 wins if Lamar is healthy.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#8 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 09 September 2021 - 08:45 PM

9-8. We'll need data to know for sure, but I think we see fewer 9-win wild card teams in a 17 game season.

True. But the NFC East still exists so 7-10 division winners are a mainstay.
  • BSLMikeLowe likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#9 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,394 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 09 September 2021 - 08:55 PM

BTW, I made that call based on the roster as it exists right now. I hold out hope EDC can swing a trade or two to help fill the voids before long, and that 10-11 wins is easily within grasp.

#10 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,840 posts

Posted 09 September 2021 - 08:59 PM

10 and 11 wins are easily within grasp

#11 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 09 September 2021 - 09:07 PM

11 or 12 wins. I just don't think the RB situation is the end of a good season. And that's assuming EDC doesn't trade for someone to help fill the "void". 

#12 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,840 posts

Posted 09 September 2021 - 10:35 PM

I mean maybe we are destined to be completely ravaged by injuries this year including the QB like we were in '15. However, let me point you to '16 and '17 where we won 8 and 9 games respectively with a post injury declining Flacco, Mike Wallace as our leading WR both years and Terrence West and Collins the leading rushers. If thats the 8 or 9 win bar for a Ravens team then you have to feel good about 10+ wins. Obviously, you have to go play the games and its not an apples to apples comparison because the division and conference might be better now but this '21 team is still considerably more talented than either of those teams.

#13 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 05:40 AM

I think the Ravens still make the playoffs.
The rushing attack will still be good.

In the postseason is where I think we will miss having the game breaker in Dobbins.

I'm also more concerned about Peters.
I think most weeks you can work around that during the regular season...but losing his playmaking ability hurts, and if you aren't leaving whoever on an island, that is going to change your ability to scheme pressure.

The Ravens might adapt, but I think the plans they had for their offense and defense as of Aug 15th or so have now wildly changed.

The nice thing is that most people will completely write them off...so I expect that they play pressure free.

11-6.

#14 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,840 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 10:03 AM

I think the Ravens still make the playoffs.
The rushing attack will still be good.

In the postseason is where I think we will miss having the game breaker in Dobbins.

I'm also more concerned about Peters.
I think most weeks you can work around that during the regular season...but losing his playmaking ability hurts, and if you aren't leaving whoever on an island, that is going to change your ability to scheme pressure.

The Ravens might adapt, but I think the plans they had for their offense and defense as of Aug 15th or so have now wildly changed.

The nice thing is that most people will completely write them off...so I expect that they play pressure free.

11-6.

Dont know if its changed in the last 12 hours or so but saw a blurb last night that said we were still favorites to make the playoffs and win our division
  • jamesdean likes this

#15 ravens82

ravens82
  • Members
  • 478 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 10 September 2021 - 10:27 AM

11-6

#16 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 10 September 2021 - 11:09 AM

Obviously the injuries are brutal, but we still have an MVP QB and a lot of talent and a great coaching staff.   I think it's reasonable to still expect at least 10 wins and hopefully the playoffs.  Having said that I think a deep playoff run is much harder to achieve if at all at this point.

#17 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 11:43 AM

14-3. I said it. Hahahaha. Half tongue in cheeck. Half Lamar is a legit MVP candidate and is even moreso now. He's my ride or die. :) 

• JStruds likes this

#18 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,263 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 11:47 AM

14-3. I said it. Hahahaha. Half tongue in cheeck. Half Lamar is a legit MVP candidate and is even moreso now. He's my ride or die. :)

F it, unleash him. Time for him to prove he's worth $30+ million a year.
  • JordanKough likes this

#19 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,704 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 12:00 PM

F it, unleash him. Time for him to prove he's worth $30+ million a year.

Lol @ $30M.  He's gonna get over $40M...Allen just got $43M.  Prescott got $40M coming off a major injury.

• BSLChrisStoner, JordanKough and bmore_ken like this

#20 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,263 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 12:47 PM

Lol @ $30M. He's gonna get over $40M...Allen just got $43M. Prescott got $40M coming off a major injury.

I'm being optimistic that he takes the Brady approach.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=