108 replies to this topic

#81 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,492 posts

Posted 21 December 2022 - 03:46 PM

The guy can recruit talent, I'll give him that. Now he's gotta do something with the talent he's amassed besides beating up on the teams he's supposed to and getting smoked by the big dogs.

#82 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 21 December 2022 - 03:55 PM

The guy can recruit talent, I'll give him that. Now he's gotta do something with the talent he's amassed besides beating up on the teams he's supposed to and getting smoked by the big dogs.

25% tops will last 3 years or longer here.

#83 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,335 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 21 December 2022 - 03:59 PM

Picked up a commit from 4-star TE/OLB Rico Walker from Hickory, NC.

https://www.insideth...ts-to-maryland/

Locksley says Walker will start his collegiate career at TE, with the potential of moving to EDGE in the future.

@BSLZackKiesel

#84 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,335 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 21 December 2022 - 04:01 PM

The following recruits will enroll early and participate in bowl practices over the next week:

• WR Ryan Manning
  • WR Braeden Wisloski
  • TE Dylan Wade
  • TE Rico Walker
  • DL Dillan Fontus
  • EDGE D.J. Samuels
  • DB Tamarcus Cooley
  • DB Tayvon Nelson

• Greg Pappas likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#85 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,492 posts

Posted 21 December 2022 - 08:37 PM

25% tops will last 3 years or longer here.

I feel like that's probably normal for most programs these days. I'm shocked Taulia has stuck around here as long as he has.

#86 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,394 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 21 December 2022 - 08:48 PM

I feel like that's probably normal for most programs these days. I'm shocked Taulia has stuck around here as long as he has.

He already burned his one freebie transfer as an undergrad when he came from Alabama. The guys you see transferring a second and even third time are doing so as grad students. You can still do that, on top of the one as an undergrad, without having to sit out.

Not sure where Taulia stands as far as graduating, but since he's been in college for four years I'd assume he has earned a degree by now (or is very close) and could leave as a grad student and play next season somewhere else if he wanted. And it should be noted that while he has committed to play in the bowl game, I don't believe he has officially said what his plans for 2023 are yet.

#87 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,335 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 03 January 2023 - 04:46 PM

At this point, it really feels like Maryland has become the team to beat for 5-star ATH Nyckoles Harbor. Don't want to get peoples' hopes up too high, but the Terps are in a really good place to land him right now.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#88 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,335 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 03 January 2023 - 10:58 PM

At this point, it really feels like Maryland has become the team to beat for 5-star ATH Nyckoles Harbor. Don't want to get peoples' hopes up too high, but the Terps are in a really good place to land him right now.

Sounds like things are basically between Maryland and Oregon, with South Carolina in there as well. Oregon is the late arrival to the party, they're making a strong push.

Michigan was a strong contender for awhile, but with Harbaugh having one foot out the door things have dried up with them. Don't think Beamer's whiny attitude lately has helped South Carolina at all.

@BSLZackKiesel

#89 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,394 posts

Posted 03 January 2023 - 11:30 PM

If he's really serious about the track side, Oregon is going to be tough to beat.

#90 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,394 posts

Posted 21 January 2023 - 02:01 AM

Word is Deion is making a late push to land Nyck Harbor at Colorado. I don’t believe Harbor is eligible for any more official visits, so Prime will have to sell him site unseen (unless Harbor goes there on his own dime). But if the Travis Hunter and Cormani McClain stories have taught us anything, it’s that Prime shouldn’t be taken lightly when it comes to recruiting.

#91 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,394 posts

Posted 23 January 2023 - 11:46 AM

I guess Harbor did have an official left to check out Boulder, so he's on a tour of the West now (he was running in a meet at Texas Tech over the weekend and will end this week at Oregon).

https://247sports.co...-in--203514432/

#92 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,335 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 23 January 2023 - 12:35 PM

I guess Harbor did have an official left to check out Boulder, so he's on a tour of the West now (he was running in a meet at Texas Tech over the weekend and will end this week at Oregon).

https://247sports.co...-in--203514432/

According to Harbor’s father, Nyckoles is nowhere near Colorado. He’s at school, so he appears to be trolling Deion.
@BSLZackKiesel

#93 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,394 posts

Posted 23 January 2023 - 12:43 PM

According to Harbor’s father, Nyckoles is nowhere near Colorado. He’s at school, so he appears to be trolling Deion.

He's sure pulling out all the stops if that's what it is. Which seems pretty immature.

https://twitter.com/...7842304/photo/1

EDIT: That tweet showing a Boulder pin drop on his IG has been deleted, so maybe someone was trolling him. Sounds like a good time to look away and ignore all this until signing day.

#94 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,335 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 27 January 2023 - 08:50 PM

So it basically sounds like it’s down to Maryland and Oregon for Harbor. The Ducks have made a very strong late push, but the Terps are in a really, really good spot.
@BSLZackKiesel

#95 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,394 posts

Posted 27 January 2023 - 11:00 PM

While there was no truth to the Colorado rumors, by all accounts Harbor is out here in Eugene for the weekend, so Dan Lanning and the Ducks will have the last chance to make their pitch.

#96 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,465 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 January 2023 - 11:16 PM

While there was no truth to the Colorado rumors, by all accounts Harbor is out here in Eugene for the weekend, so Dan Lanning and the Ducks will have the last chance to make their pitch.

Feels like you’re omitting a certain other influencer in the Oregon area who may be making a pitch as well.

Fingers crossed Kevin Plank’s was better.
  • BSLMikeLowe likes this

#97 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,394 posts

Posted 27 January 2023 - 11:46 PM

Feels like you’re omitting a certain other influencer in the Oregon area who may be making a pitch as well.

Fingers crossed Kevin Plank’s was better.

That never hurts. I also think his interest in being an Olympic sprinter could sway him to Oregon. On the other hand, never wise to count Mike Locksley out when it comes to an 11th hour battle for a blue chip recruit.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#98 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,335 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 31 January 2023 - 08:15 PM

Oregon and South Carolina have reportedly put a TON of NIL cash on the table for Harbor. It’s a fairly recent development, and the Gamecocks especially have ponied up an extremely large sum in the last couple days.

While Maryland isn’t out of the running entirely, it’s looking more unlikely that he’ll be choosing the Terps tomorrow.
@BSLZackKiesel

#99 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 31 January 2023 - 08:31 PM

Womp womp

#100 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,394 posts

Posted 31 January 2023 - 08:34 PM

He might want to talk to Jaden Rashada about how that works. Or at least get an attorney to review the contract and make sure the language is iron clad. That said, if he doesn't choose Maryland, at least it sounds like he won't go to Michigan instead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=