#1 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 01:49 PM

BSL: https://baltimorespo...ceiver-preview/

Taking a look at the WR group as it stands today. 

• BSLChrisStoner, Mike B, PrimeTime and 1 other like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 04:37 PM

Very nice write up, Mike.

The most interesting guy to me by far is Wallace. Can he get himself active on game days simply by carving out a role on ST? He played almost exclusively on the right at Z WR in college. Where will he be used here? Do they give him a few snaps at Z when Hollywood rests or maybe play Hollywood at different spots more? Wallace admitted moving around was a bit of a challenge in rookie OTAs. He even used the words 'moving inside'. A lot of questions but he's an exciting player.

• Mike in STL likes this

#3 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 07:10 PM

The most interesting guy to me by far is Wallace. Can he get himself active on game days simply by carving out a role on ST? He played almost exclusively on the right at Z WR in college. Where will he be used here? Do they give him a few snaps at Z when Hollywood rests or maybe play Hollywood at different spots more? Wallace admitted moving around was a bit of a challenge in rookie OTAs. He even used the words 'moving inside'. A lot of questions but he's an exciting player.

Thanks. He's the most interesting of the group for me as well, since it's kind of unknown how big of a role he will play. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#4 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 10 June 2021 - 09:12 PM

Good write up Mike.  I still don’t think we have a star ready for this year, but this is a solid group.

It will be interesting to see how much the new coaches get out of them.

• Mike in STL likes this
@mikeghg

#5 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,260 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 09:21 PM

I'm intrigued as well by Wallace. He's phenomenal on contested catches. He had good separation on most of his short and intermediate routes. Which bodes well for him potentially being a solid #2 type WR. He doesn't seem to be a great YAC type WR though. Excited to see what he can do in camp and preseason.

I'm loving the Bateman pick more and more. He's a great route runner. And he's great after the catch. I think Bateman has a chance to immediately become our best overall WR right out of the gates. The only negative I really see with him are the easy drops. I don't think it's a hands problem, because he makes a lot of great "hands" type catches, and he's great with contested catches. My guess would be a focus issue with trying to do something before securing the ball. But in the end, he just reminds me so much of Keenan Allen. And Allen might be one of the most underrated WRs in football.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=