Posted 10 June 2021 - 07:30 AM

The Ringer: The Top 60 Rookies for Dynasty Fantasy Football

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,675 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 08:47 AM

The Ringer: Fantasy Football Rankings: Davante Adams Reclaims the Wide Receiver Crown

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,675 posts

Posted 07 August 2021 - 07:33 AM

PressBox: 2021 Fantasy Football Mock Draft: Drafting In A 10-Team League

https://pressboxonli...10-team-league/

#4 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,454 posts

Posted 07 August 2021 - 08:21 AM

Slightly off-topic but I am in a league where we have the draft at Ravens stadium. It's a great deal. $55 a person for a 12 team league to have a draft in a box for four hours, including food and drinks, with a welcome reception in the locker-room before hand for an hour. I did it once before in 2019 and doing it again this year.

• BSLChrisStoner, DuffMan and Mike in STL like this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#5 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,226 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 07 August 2021 - 09:40 AM

Slightly off-topic but I am in a league where we have the draft at Ravens stadium. It's a great deal. $55 a person for a 12 team league to have a draft in a box for four hours, including food and drinks, with a welcome reception in the locker-room before hand for an hour. I did it once before in 2019 and doing it again this year.

That’s awesome. Do you guys have someone that works for the team that sets that up?

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,675 posts

Posted 07 August 2021 - 04:25 PM

ESPN: Fantasy football Draft-Day Manifesto: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Drafters

https://www.espn.com...ective-drafters

#7 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,454 posts

Posted 08 August 2021 - 06:20 AM

That’s awesome. Do you guys have someone that works for the team that sets that up?

I don't know...but when we were there last time there were several drafts happening in other boxes.

• Chris B likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#8 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,675 posts

Posted 14 August 2021 - 08:01 AM

The Ringer: Fantasy Football Rankings: Training Camp Risers and Fallers

#9 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,675 posts

Posted 19 August 2021 - 06:52 AM

ESPN: Love, Hate and no regrets in life or in fantasy football

https://www.espn.com...antasy-football

#10 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,359 posts

Posted 19 August 2021 - 07:49 AM

Keeper options...$200 budget no PPR.  Auction will have several studs at the top but most of the 2nd-3rd tier guys who usually go for $30-40 will be kept.  I expect top RBs like zeke, Barkley, Henry, and Cook will go for $60-65 as a point of reference.

Davante Adams - $50

Justin Jefferson - $16

Travis Kelce - $42

Josh Allen - $17

Would leave me $72 leftover (I traded away a few bucks to add to my roster last year, which won the league) for the auction.

Do I keep all of them?  I got Kelce for $32 last year in the auction and he was as far above the field at TE then as he is this year.  I think I might be able to kick him back and get him again for a little less than his $42 keeper number.  But I also don't hate the idea of just locking him in.  If I do throw him back and he goes for more than I'd wanna spend, I would then have the budget to go after someone like Henry or Cook, which would be good since I'm not keeping any RBs, but I like Kelce for $42 more than Cook for $65 in terms of raw value.

#11 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 19 August 2021 - 04:25 PM

Keeper options...$200 budget no PPR. Auction will have several studs at the top but most of the 2nd-3rd tier guys who usually go for $30-40 will be kept. I expect top RBs like zeke, Barkley, Henry, and Cook will go for $60-65 as a point of reference.

Davante Adams - $50
Justin Jefferson - $16
Travis Kelce - $42
Josh Allen - $17

Would leave me $72 leftover (I traded away a few bucks to add to my roster last year, which won the league) for the auction.

Do I keep all of them? I got Kelce for $32 last year in the auction and he was as far above the field at TE then as he is this year. I think I might be able to kick him back and get him again for a little less than his $42 keeper number. But I also don't hate the idea of just locking him in. If I do throw him back and he goes for more than I'd wanna spend, I would then have the budget to go after someone like Henry or Cook, which would be good since I'm not keeping any RBs, but I like Kelce for $42 more than Cook for $65 in terms of raw value.

Not sure your roster size, or how much people bid on RB2s and 3s. While I don’t have any auction leagues I’m in, I don’t prioritize RB, especially if not PPR.

I like having a core like yours of auto start WR/TE/QB. I’m assuming you have 2RB spots to fill in, and a Flex? Of your $72 left I’d go $35-$40 on Diggs to go with Allen in a flex. Then with $1 kicker, $1 Def, $30-$35 left, I’d get a lower end receiver for your bench at $10, and then get 7 RBs for average $5 each. Odds are a couple of those guys will be in a committee, or gets bumped up to RB1 by way of injury or performance by week 5 or 6, all of a sudden your team is super stacked.

I ignore RB early all the time, but stock my bench with them and I fare very well year in and out.
  • Mackus likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#12 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,226 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 19 August 2021 - 04:34 PM

Anyone play in a 14 team league? We expanded this season.

#13 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 19 August 2021 - 04:59 PM

I’m in one. Waivers are pretty thin.
  • Chris B likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#14 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,359 posts

Posted 19 August 2021 - 05:02 PM

18-week season changes things, but it was the perfect size back when it was 17-weeks.  13 regular season games, you play everyone once so it's a balanced schedule, and then 3 weeks to complete playoffs (top two seeds get 1st round byes) and you don't have to mess with week 17.

Waiver wire is thin but you can balance that out by having shorter benches.  Definitely recommend a 14-player limit for 14-team leagues rather than the typical 15. 

• Chris B likes this

#15 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,675 posts

Posted 21 August 2021 - 07:59 AM

The Ringer: The Top 200 Players in Fantasy Football

#16 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,359 posts

Posted 21 August 2021 - 08:20 AM

I like having a core like yours of auto start WR/TE/QB. I’m assuming you have 2RB spots to fill in, and a Flex? Of your $72 left I’d go $35-$40 on Diggs to go with Allen in a flex. Then with $1 kicker, $1 Def, $30-$35 left, I’d get a lower end receiver for your bench at $10, and then get 7 RBs for average $5 each. Odds are a couple of those guys will be in a committee, or gets bumped up to RB1 by way of injury or performance by week 5 or 6, all of a sudden your team is super stacked.

Lot of risk putting all my resources into QB/WR/TE and just buying scrap heap RBs (your math was off, I'd only have $20 left for 7 RBs in your example).  On the other hand, if I have lots of cheap backup RBs eventually one will take over like you said, and in my league you pretty much have to buy studs at the trading deadline for future auction money, so I could still do that.

#17 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 21 August 2021 - 09:23 AM

Lot of risk putting all my resources into QB/WR/TE and just buying scrap heap RBs (your math was off, I'd only have $20 left for 7 RBs in your example).  On the other hand, if I have lots of cheap backup RBs eventually one will take over like you said, and in my league you pretty much have to buy studs at the trading deadline for future auction money, so I could still do that.

I know it doesn't look pretty, but I figure there is much higher injury risk to RBs. Ignoring RB across three leagues has netted me 15, 3rd or better finishes in 21 combined seasons. Maybe it's different in a snake draft, because even in my 14 team league, if I don't take a RB until round 6, 13 other teams have their two RBs, meaning most times there are still 6 starting RBs sitting out there. Maybe in your auction league, once the other teams have two RBs, if you put up a RB for bid, you might get him cheaper since others don't want to go as high on a 3rd RB when they have other gaps to fill in in that moment. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#18 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,675 posts

Posted 25 August 2021 - 07:12 AM

ESPN: Fantasy football rankings: The 192 players who should be rostered
https://www.espn.com...layers-rostered

#19 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,675 posts

Posted 04 September 2021 - 06:03 AM

ESPN: Matthew Berry's 100 facts for the 2021 fantasy football season

https://www.espn.com...football-season

• DuffMan likes this

#20 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,226 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 07 September 2021 - 12:13 PM

Had my auction draft over the weekend. Think I did OK but obviously WR is a big weakness. I went in wanting to stockpile RBs given the 14-team format and that's what I did. I like the upside of Fields and hopefully Mooney/Moore's hype built over the summer translates to the regular season. We'll see if that strategy works.

I will say, going to 14 teams was a big difference - the free agent list is absolutely barren and we'll likely need to cut a bench spot next year.

14-team, 0.5 PPR, 6-pt QB TD, 3 WR/no K

QB: Kyler Murray ($12)

WR: Tyler Lockett ($19)

WR: Darnell Mooney ($5)

WR: Elijah Moore ($1)

RB: Ezekiel Elliott ($69)

RB: Clyde Edwards-Helaire ($43)

TE: Jonnu Smith ($2)

FLEX: Chris Carson ($37)

DEF: Carolina ($1)

Bench: Justin Fields ($1), Sony Michel ($4), Sammy Watkins ($1), Rhamondre Stevenson ($1), Gabriel Davis ($1), Wayne Gallman ($1)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=