59 replies to this topic

#1 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 10:13 AM

Schedule comes out Wed. May 12th, 8pm. Always look forward to that night, see how they lay it out, see who the prime time games are, see who the last three or four games are against with playoff spots on the line. 

Ravens face at home: Steelers, Browns, Bengals, Chiefs, Colts, Chargers, Vikings, Packers, Rams

Ravens travel to: Steelers, Browns, Bengals, Raiders, Broncos, Bears, Lions, Dolphins. 

Ravens have alternated home/road week 1 each year since 2011. Trend keeps up , they'll open on the road. O's have a home game on Sun. Sept 12 as well. Thinking @Bengals or @Dolphins.  

4 primetime games seems like a given. 3 AFC games. 1 NFC game. 

I think Ravens vs. Browns on SNF is likely, may have been the game of the year in 2020.

I think Ravens vs. Chiefs on Thanksgiving night (NBC Broadcast as SNF) is in play.

I think Ravens @ Bengals on MNF is likely. Bengals on the rise, no Steelers rivalry game in primetime 2020.

I think Ravens @ Bears on TNF is in play. 

@Raiders, @Broncos will be 4pm start times (unless in prime time). Could see the Packers being a 4pm home game start time (unless that gets a prime time slot). 

Having both the LA teams coming here for 1pm starts would give us a slight advantage in those games. 

Not Ravens related, but the Bucs don't have the Chiefs, or Packers on the schedule this year. But they have the Patriots (on the road though). Would the NFL go Bucs on the road, Brady going back to Foxboro in the Thursday night opener? Or would they have Bucs at home to raise the banner against maybe the AFC runner-up Bills? Either way it's a lock that Bucs at Pats is an NBC game. 

• Mike B and PrimeTime like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 12:47 PM

On paper that's a pretty favorable road schedule.

#3 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,543 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 10 May 2021 - 01:03 PM

Unless the schedules dates are inconvenient wrt holidays I play to go to the Vegas and Chicago games.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#4 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 01:13 PM

I'll be at the Vegas game for sure, and have indicated that I might be able to host a small BSL type gathering somewhere that weekend (likely somewhere Caesar's related where my host is). 

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#5 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 01:15 PM

FWIW, I've been in the new Allegiant Stadium (got to go to an event there for the SB) that had about 500 fans there spread out across the stadium. It's really really nice. Lots of open deck, lounge/bar type areas that look out over the stadium. Seemed to do a really nice job with it. 

#6 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 10 May 2021 - 02:08 PM

My plan is to hit one home game, and also go to Vegas.

#7 dorfmac

dorfmac
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 06:36 PM

Me and my fam are all planning on making the Vegas trip since last year when we saw it was on the schedule. Need to see the inside of that shiny hockey puck!

#8 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 06:50 PM

Schedule comes out Wed. May 12th, 8pm. Always look forward to that night, see how they lay it out, see who the prime time games are, see who the last three or four games are against with playoff spots on the line. 

Ravens face at home: Steelers, Browns, Bengals, Chiefs, Colts, Chargers, Vikings, Packers, Rams

Ravens travel to: Steelers, Browns, Bengals, Raiders, Broncos, Bears, Lions, Dolphins. 

Ravens have alternated home/road week 1 each year since 2011. Trend keeps up , they'll open on the road. O's have a home game on Sun. Sept 12 as well. Thinking @Bengals or @Dolphins.  

4 primetime games seems like a given. 3 AFC games. 1 NFC game. 

I think Ravens vs. Browns on SNF is likely, may have been the game of the year in 2020.

I think Ravens vs. Chiefs on Thanksgiving night (NBC Broadcast as SNF) is in play.

I think Ravens @ Bengals on MNF is likely. Bengals on the rise, no Steelers rivalry game in primetime 2020.

I think Ravens @ Bears on TNF is in play. 

@Raiders, @Broncos will be 4pm start times (unless in prime time). Could see the Packers being a 4pm home game start time (unless that gets a prime time slot). 

Having both the LA teams coming here for 1pm starts would give us a slight advantage in those games. 

Not Ravens related, but the Bucs don't have the Chiefs, or Packers on the schedule this year. But they have the Patriots (on the road though). Would the NFL go Bucs on the road, Brady going back to Foxboro in the Thursday night opener? Or would they have Bucs at home to raise the banner against maybe the AFC runner-up Bills? Either way it's a lock that Bucs at Pats is an NBC game. 

I was listening to one of the sports shows while driving the other day. They were thinking the Bucs opener would be either Dallas or Buffalo. They could just have the Saints but without Brees.

#9 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 09:05 PM

The Chicago game is a tempting trip for me if everything opens back up.

#10 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 12 May 2021 - 08:07 AM

Ravens opening with MNF in Vegas. I assume the late game?

#11 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 08:26 AM

Ravens opening with MNF in Vegas. I assume the late game?

I believe they're back to doing only one MNF game for week 1, so hopefully the regular 8:15 or whatever it is start.

#12 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 12 May 2021 - 08:30 AM

I believe they're back to doing only one MNF game for week 1, so hopefully the regular 8:15 or whatever it is start.

Yeah, they just announced 8:15. 

#13 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 08:33 AM

1-0

@BSLMikeRandall

#14 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 08:50 AM

1-0

I think the Raiders will be better than most people think. However, looking at it on paper, barring injuries, Ravens should win, and it shouldn't really be close.
  • cprenegade likes this

#15 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,543 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 12 May 2021 - 09:08 AM

This sucks. I wanted to go but it’s the first game ever at the new stadium with fans. Tickets will be astronomical.

The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if the Raiders asked for this cuz they know Ravens fans travel so well

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#16 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 09:50 AM

This sucks. I wanted to go but it’s the first game ever at the new stadium with fans. Tickets will be astronomical.

The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if the Raiders asked for this cuz they know Ravens fans travel so well

Would probably have to get them second hand too. I’d imagine demand would be so high, it will be some kind of lottery to get a ticket for the local fans.
@BSLMikeRandall

#17 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 12 May 2021 - 10:20 AM

I checked Southwest right when Schefter tweeted the news and flights out to Vegas that weekend were already $700+ roundtrip.

Guess the airlines get the schedule news before the general public.

• Mike B likes this

#18 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 10:42 AM

Definitely makes it tougher, I think chances that I could help get a block of tickets got way harder now...

#19 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 12 May 2021 - 10:43 AM

Maybe I'm wrong (it would be the first time) but for stadium openings/closings, do the teams get a short list of opponents that they would prefer for that game? I felt like they do, but I couldn't say that for sure.

#20 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 12 May 2021 - 10:50 AM

I checked Southwest right when Schefter tweeted the news and flights out to Vegas that weekend were already $700+ roundtrip.

Guess the airlines get the schedule news before the general public.

I did the same.   I have a ton of SW miles so might do it anyway.  I have never been to Vegas, and I'm not a gambler, but that could be a good trip.

Will Aaron Rodgers be the Raider's QB?

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=