#21 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 31 July 2021 - 09:58 AM

With Justin Houston in the fold now, Ferguson is definitely on the bubble.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#22 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,260 posts

Posted 31 July 2021 - 11:37 AM

With Justin Houston in the fold now, Ferguson is definitely on the bubble.

I agree. I don't see then cutting him. But also wouldn't be shocked. He better show up big in practices and pre-season reps.

Edit: Forgot we still had McPhee. So yeah, I'm leaning more towards Ferguson seeing the door now, barring injuries.

#23 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 31 July 2021 - 09:53 PM

Updated. Added a bubble section. 

l8TxjcW.png

• Mike B likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#24 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,260 posts

Posted 01 August 2021 - 08:36 AM

l8TxjcW.png

Ravens are going to have some tough decisions looking at that.
  • Mike B and Mike in STL like this

#25 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 02 August 2021 - 12:22 PM

Ravens are going to have some tough decisions looking at that.

We're definitely going to end up putting some capable NFL players out on the street this summer. It's a testament to our drafting and development. EDC has picked up where Ozzie left off.
  • Mike B likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#26 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 August 2021 - 12:48 PM

We're definitely going to end up putting some capable NFL players out on the street this summer. It's a testament to our drafting and development. EDC has picked up where Ozzie left off.

Hopefully, we can turn a few like Boykin, Powers, and a defensive back or two into some day 3 draft picks or a veteran offensive tackle.

@mikeghg

#27 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 August 2021 - 12:54 PM

l8TxjcW.png

Nice work Mike!  I think the PS games are going to be very important for guys like Proche, Oliver, Ferguson etc.

I think it is possible Boyle starts the year on the IL, which might create a spot for both Oliver and Tomlinson to make the roster.  (one would have to pass through waivers though).

I also think and hope Proche makes the team.  The kid has great hands, and IMO, was not given a chance to show what he could do last year.

• Mike in STL likes this
@mikeghg

#28 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,260 posts

Posted 03 August 2021 - 05:15 PM

It seems as if Cleveland is winning the contest for LG at the moment. Apparently he was throwing guys around on run plays. Harbaugh even made comments about how good he is as a run blocker so far. Also mentioned that he needed to clean up his pass protection though. But after seeing a video of him in pads, good lord is he a mountain of a man.
  • Huddle It Up Films likes this

#29 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 03 August 2021 - 11:27 PM

It seems as if Cleveland is winning the contest for LG at the moment. Apparently he was throwing guys around on run plays. Harbaugh even made comments about how good he is as a run blocker so far. Also mentioned that he needed to clean up his pass protection though. But after seeing a video of him in pads, good lord is he a mountain of a man.

Just catching up on Ravens coverage. This is great to hear, hope he picks up on the mental side quickly. Please let Phillips concentrate on RT, we're thin there.

#30 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,260 posts

Posted 04 August 2021 - 06:16 AM

Just catching up on Ravens coverage. This is great to hear, hope he picks up on the mental side quickly. Please let Phillips concentrate on RT, we're thin there.

Luckily he's in an offense that values run blocking more than most.

#31 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 04 August 2021 - 07:37 AM

I'm growing increasingly nervous about tackle depth. I think we may have to consider bringing in help from outside the organization but it will be tight against the cap.
@primetime667083

#32 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 04 August 2021 - 07:52 AM

I'm growing increasingly nervous about tackle depth. I think we may have to consider bringing in help from outside the organization but it will be tight against the cap.

I don't know much about random linemen around the league, but isn't OL depth just terrible overall? Is someone who is on the street at the start of training camp going to be all that different than Mekari, Phillips, or even Smith? 

I can say I'd feel a lot better if I knew that Stanley was going to be 100% by week 1.

#33 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 15 August 2021 - 11:50 AM

I don't know much about random linemen around the league, but isn't OL depth just terrible overall? Is someone who is on the street at the start of training camp going to be all that different than Mekari, Phillips, or even Smith?

I can say I'd feel a lot better if I knew that Stanley was going to be 100% by week 1.

Stanley's health is the key of course but we really don't have even a serviceable option behind Villanueva and Stanley. Barring a dramatic turnaround Smith will likely be cut before the end of camp, Mekari and Phillips are much better suited to play inside. Phillips gets beat at tackle regularly.

Mike's article from last week mentions a few options, former Raven Rick Wagner could be a good fit; if he wants to continue playing.

Otherwise, we may need to swing a trade. Last night's showing only served to exacerbate the need.
  • Mike in STL likes this
@primetime667083

#34 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 15 August 2021 - 12:04 PM

Stanley's health is the key of course but we really don't have even a serviceable option behind Villanueva and Stanley. Barring a dramatic turnaround Smith will likely be cut before the end of camp, Mekari and Phillips are much better suited to play inside. Phillips gets beat at tackle regularly.

Mike's article from last week mentions a few options, former Raven Rick Wagner could be a good fit; if he wants to continue playing.

Otherwise, we may need to swing a trade. Last night's showing only served to exacerbate the need.

Was able to watch the game this morning. They tried everyone at LT. Phillips, Mekari, Smith, Schofield, and the UDFA Sarrell.

I still don’t think Phillips is good, even at guard. He was at left guard on a play and on a pulling assignment to the right, he whiffed on a block right in front of him. Instead of making a hole it ended up a loss of two or three.

There is a lot of hope that these guys will be ready. Stanley is one day at a time. Cleveland is out for an unknown reason. Bozeman left with an ankle sprain which means 1-6 weeks. Zeitler has been out. AV gets a lot of vet days off for a guy in transition, two in a row last week. Transitioning sides isnt easy, but maybe can be practiced in the mirror rather than risking yet another injury on this offense.

Of 11 players on offense, they are down six of them. Not including Nick Boyle if you want to count 2TEs as starters rather than a FB or 3 WRs.

30 days til kickoff to get healthy.
  • PrimeTime likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#35 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 15 August 2021 - 12:31 PM

Was able to watch the game this morning. They tried everyone at LT. Phillips, Mekari, Smith, Schofield, and the UDFA Sarrell.

I still don’t think Phillips is good, even at guard. He was at left guard on a play and on a pulling assignment to the right, he whiffed on a block right in front of him. Instead of making a hole it ended up a loss of two or three.

There is a lot of hope that these guys will be ready. Stanley is one day at a time. Cleveland is out for an unknown reason. Bozeman left with an ankle sprain which means 1-6 weeks. Zeitler has been out. AV gets a lot of vet days off for a guy in transition, two in a row last week. Transitioning sides isnt easy, but maybe can be practiced in the mirror rather than risking yet another injury on this offense.

Of 11 players on offense, they are down six of them. Not including Nick Boyle if you want to count 2TEs as starters rather than a FB or 3 WRs.

30 days til kickoff to get healthy.

The good news was Harbs alluding to a situation where all 5 projected starters could suit up in preseason game 3. I will feel significantly better if I that occurs. With that said, as we stand right now; we need some help.
  • Mike in STL likes this
@primetime667083

#36 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 August 2021 - 01:04 PM

The good news was Harbs alluding to a situation where all 5 projected starters could suit up in preseason game 3. I will feel significantly better if I that occurs. With that said, as we stand right now; we need some help.

I noticed Schoffield playing with what amounted to the third string.  Not good news for him.  Also, I am not sure I noticed Andre Smith at all.  Did he play?

@mikeghg

#37 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,260 posts

Posted 15 August 2021 - 02:27 PM

I noticed Schoffield playing with what amounted to the third string. Not good news for him. Also, I am not sure I noticed Andre Smith at all. Did he play?

Smith played pretty much the whole second half at least.

Schofield, to me at least, played pretty solid all around. Him and Bredeson had probably the best games after rewatching today. Madubuike also looked great. The reports were true so far, he looks like he could be a problem for opposing teams.

#38 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,260 posts

Posted 15 August 2021 - 08:46 PM

Another thing that surprised me. Harrison got the start at ILB over Fort. I think he may have shown why. But there has been almost no talk about Harrison. It's all been on Queen and if he can take the next step. Harrison stepping up would be just as big.

• Mashed Potatoes likes this

#39 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 15 August 2021 - 10:45 PM

IWXAGtR.png

Updated after last nights preseason opener with the following observations from there, and camp reports to this point.

Proche making the most of his reps in the depleted WR group, should make the 53-man. 

Oliver appears to be the favorite to win the 3rd TE battle. Ben Mason not used in that capacity at all would be a fullback, or special teamer.

Behind the projected starting O-line, Powers at LG, then Mekari and Phillips have the most versatility. (I'd rather see Schofield than Phillips, but doubt the Ravens go that way).

Brandon Stephens played a lot of nickel it seemed. Some in the box safety like Levine does. 

Harrison jumps Fort for a starting job.

Oweh looked good setting the edge, and getting into the backfield. Think he can play every down, while Houston is a 3rd down pass rusher. 

I know Huntley and McSorley had similarities last night, but Huntley is more explosive. I do think with the ability to lock 4 guys on the practice squad in that cannot be claimed by another team, McSorley should be one of those guys. Along with Ferguson, Stone, and Schofield at their respective, important positions. 

Did the best I could updating the injuries given the sometimes tight lipped camp reports.

@BSLMikeRandall

#40 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 16 August 2021 - 08:13 AM

IWXAGtR.png

Updated after last nights preseason opener with the following observations from there, and camp reports to this point.

Proche making the most of his reps in the depleted WR group, should make the 53-man. 

Oliver appears to be the favorite to win the 3rd TE battle. Ben Mason not used in that capacity at all would be a fullback, or special teamer.

Behind the projected starting O-line, Powers at LG, then Mekari and Phillips have the most versatility. (I'd rather see Schofield than Phillips, but doubt the Ravens go that way).

Brandon Stephens played a lot of nickel it seemed. Some in the box safety like Levine does. 

Harrison jumps Fort for a starting job.

Oweh looked good setting the edge, and getting into the backfield. Think he can play every down, while Houston is a 3rd down pass rusher. 

I know Huntley and McSorley had similarities last night, but Huntley is more explosive. I do think with the ability to lock 4 guys on the practice squad in that cannot be claimed by another team, McSorley should be one of those guys. Along with Ferguson, Stone, and Schofield at their respective, important positions. 

Did the best I could updating the injuries given the sometimes tight lipped camp reports.

Nice synopsis, Mike.  What I thought was going to be a much improved OL, I'm now getting very uneasy about it.  Harbaugh doesn't seem overly concerned but I'm not liking what I see. 

• Mike in STL likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=