304 replies to this topic

#1 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 07:05 AM

I'll try to keep this updated best I can.

10/10 EDIT: 

gBHRkHT.png

• BSLChrisStoner, The Epic, Mackus and 6 others like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 06 May 2021 - 09:20 AM

I'll try to keep this updated best I can.

kCPm52z.png

Good Stuff Mike.  I think the depth chart really shows the good combination of veterans and youth.  They really do have succession plans for most positions.

I think we will see a veteran edge signing and maybe a safety.

• Mike in STL likes this
@mikeghg

#3 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 02:47 PM

I would prefer to keep Bozeman at LG and give Colon-Castillo a shot at C. I though he filled in nicely as an undrafted rookie last year!

My prediction is Ben Cleveland is going to play his way on to the line by the end of camp with Bozeman headed back to center.  Colon-Castillo will back up Bozeman and I'm fine with that.  I think that could be a monster line. 

#4 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 May 2021 - 11:44 AM

My prediction is Ben Cleveland is going to play his way on to the line by the end of camp with Bozeman headed back to center. Colon-Castillo will back up Bozeman and I'm fine with that. I think that could be a monster line.

In reading about Cleveland and seeing some of the comments from Harbs and EDC, I think you may be right. I also think Bozeman will be at center and I expect that he is signed to a new contract, so they can stop the revolving door at center.
@mikeghg

#5 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 03:37 PM

In reading about Cleveland and seeing some of the comments from Harbs and EDC, I think you may be right. I also think Bozeman will be at center and I expect that he is signed to a new contract, so they can stop the revolving door at center.

I thought he did a good job at guard last year but his true position is center so hopefully, it will be like riding a bike for him and he'll just pick up where he left off in college.  Center was a disaster for this team last year for the exception of the two games Colon-Castillo played and did a good job.  

#6 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 07 May 2021 - 10:40 PM

I thought he did a good job at guard last year but his true position is center so hopefully, it will be like riding a bike for him and he'll just pick up where he left off in college.  Center was a disaster for this team last year for the exception of the two games Colon-Castillo played and did a good job.  

Center has been bad for 2 years

@mikeghg

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,009 posts

Posted 11 May 2021 - 02:01 PM

Balt Ravens.com: Eisenberg: Ravens' 2021 Roster Isn't Hard to Predict
https://www.baltimor...hard-to-predict

#8 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 May 2021 - 02:14 PM

Balt Ravens.com: Eisenberg: Ravens' 2021 Roster Isn't Hard to Predict
https://www.baltimor...hard-to-predict

It is a pretty deep roster, so some good football players are not going to make it.

The Ravens always seem to err on the side of the young players.  (Keeping them.)

@mikeghg

#9 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 11 May 2021 - 07:11 PM

It makes sense to err on the side of the young players.  The Ravens have already handed out a few large contracts, and they still have Jackson to go.  Even EDC admitted in an article that he knew some good players were going to go because of cap issues.  If you have some young players you like, you might as well keep them over older players because the older ones are likely gone soon anyway.  You basically can either groom some younger players and hope they can learn quickly, or keep the veterans until a purge is needed and then decimate your entire roster in the purge.  I think it's better to cut the veterans now in favor of the young players and hope they can keep up.  

• Mike B likes this

#10 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 02:17 PM

Apparently Bozeman was at center today and Harbaugh confirmed he's the starter there.

• Mike B, Mike in STL and PrimeTime like this

#11 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 May 2021 - 03:42 PM

Apparently Bozeman was at center today and Harbaugh confirmed he's the starter there.

The right move.

@mikeghg

#12 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 May 2021 - 03:44 PM

It makes sense to err on the side of the young players.  The Ravens have already handed out a few large contracts, and they still have Jackson to go.  Even EDC admitted in an article that he knew some good players were going to go because of cap issues.  If you have some young players you like, you might as well keep them over older players because the older ones are likely gone soon anyway.  You basically can either groom some younger players and hope they can learn quickly, or keep the veterans until a purge is needed and then decimate your entire roster in the purge.  I think it's better to cut the veterans now in favor of the young players and hope they can keep up.  

Agreed, and I think we saw that last year, and will see the young guys get the advantage this year.

@mikeghg

#13 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,260 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 06:25 AM

After not signing, or drafting a center, I think that move was inevitable. Stanley and Villanueva as the bookends, and Bozeman with Zietler on his right, that's a really good line. Have a competition for the LG spot between Cleveland, Mekari, TCC and Powers. I really like the potential of Powers in a full offseason.

Haven't really heard much on Queen. He's the main guy that I'm hoping a full offseason would do wonders. If he can gain a little more size and strength, and learn how to take on, and shed blocks, he can be an absolute monster in the middle.

#14 Huddle It Up Films

Huddle It Up Films
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 06:40 AM

After not signing, or drafting a center, I think that move was inevitable. Stanley and Villanueva as the bookends, and Bozeman with Zietler on his right, that's a really good line. Have a competition for the LG spot between Cleveland, Mekari, TCC and Powers. I really like the potential of Powers in a full offseason.

Haven't really heard much on Queen. He's the main guy that I'm hoping a full offseason would do wonders. If he can gain a little more size and strength, and learn how to take on, and shed blocks, he can be an absolute monster in the middle.

You guys here know how hard I was on Queen last year. But his splash plays are up there with the best of them. Just put together his highlights and had more positive coverage notes than I remembered. I'm hopeful like you that the experience last year and a full offseason will eliminate those head scratching errors.

• Mike B, JordanKough, PrimeTime and 2 others like this

#15 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 08:04 AM

As of 6/9: 

GxUMFUY.png

Ravens signed RG/RT Michael Schofield who has played 87 games with 69 starts in six seasons with Denver, LAC, and Carolina. Puts Ben Bredeson in a tough spot when he probably doesn't make the cut, and puts Tyre Phillips on the bubble. 

In recent days they've also waived:

Kenji Bahar, QB

Braxton Hoyett, DT

Xavier Kelly, DT

Donte Sylencieux, WR

Brian Khory, LS

They've signed:

Jake Verity, K (UDFA)

Jovan Swann, DT (UDFA)

Devin Gray, WR

@BSLMikeRandall

#16 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 June 2021 - 10:15 AM

Thrilled that EDC has jumped on every possible opportunity to sure up the OLine, within the realms of what was realistic. Hope it pays off, but I'm happy.

#17 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 June 2021 - 10:29 AM

As of 6/9: 

GxUMFUY.png

Ravens signed RG/RT Michael Schofield who has played 87 games with 69 starts in six seasons with Denver, LAC, and Carolina. Puts Ben Bredeson in a tough spot when he probably doesn't make the cut, and puts Tyre Phillips on the bubble. 

In recent days they've also waived:

Kenji Bahar, QB

Braxton Hoyett, DT

Xavier Kelly, DT

Donte Sylencieux, WR

Brian Khory, LS

They've signed:

Jake Verity, K (UDFA)

Jovan Swann, DT (UDFA)

Devin Gray, WR

I think they keep Phillips but some of these guys may be waived or traded for a day 3 draft pick.

Mekari, Powers to name 2.

• makoman likes this
@mikeghg

#18 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 11:34 AM

Phillips is safe unless he just completely bombs. He's got real upside as a G and had some moments last year.
  • Huddle It Up Films likes this

#19 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 11:35 AM

I think they keep Phillips but some of these guys may be waived or traded for a day 3 draft pick.

Mekari, Powers to name 2.

I think Powers is gone unless he can win the starting LG spot. Too many of the others play multiple positions. Maybe you can get something back like with Eluemunor or Lewis, he did start a handful of games last year. Mekari isn't great but he can get you through the game at 4 of the spots, that's great for a backup. Schofield is also versatile. 

Phillips is 100% making the team. I don't see how Andre Smith makes it. Right now I'd have the 9 as Stanley, Cleveland, Bozeman, Zeitler, AV, Phillips, Schofield, Mekari, Bredeson or TCC depending on who they like more (can either go to PS still?). Powers traded for a late pick.  

• Mike B and Huddle It Up Films like this

#20 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 June 2021 - 12:34 PM

I think Powers is gone unless he can win the starting LG spot. Too many of the others play multiple positions. Maybe you can get something back like with Eluemunor or Lewis, he did start a handful of games last year. Mekari isn't great but he can get you through the game at 4 of the spots, that's great for a backup. Schofield is also versatile. 

Phillips is 100% making the team. I don't see how Andre Smith makes it. Right now I'd have the 9 as Stanley, Cleveland, Bozeman, Zeitler, AV, Phillips, Schofield, Mekari, Bredeson or TCC depending on who they like more (can either go to PS still?). Powers traded for a late pick.  

That looks right.  I actually think Powers is a better player than Mekari, but I am guessing he is the backup center.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=