304 replies to this topic

#41 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,404 posts

Posted 16 August 2021 - 08:18 AM

Davontae Harris and Aaron Adeoye were apparently released. Neither was likely to make the team. They need to get down to 85 by I think tomorrow. 

In more important news, Zeitler is practicing today. 

• Mike in STL likes this

#42 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 16 August 2021 - 08:53 AM

Davontae Harris and Aaron Adeoye were apparently released. Neither was likely to make the team. They need to get down to 85 by I think tomorrow.

In more important news, Zeitler is practicing today.

Thanks for bringing that up. I want sure. IIRC, last few seasons they did away with one or two of the round of cuts and went from 90 to 53 in one fell swoop. Or 90 to 75 to 53, something like that.

They have by 4pm tomorrow to get to 85. Next Tuesday to get to 80, and the following Tuesday to be at 53.

That also allows them just shy of two weeks to evaluate all the cuts and add someone for depth and get them up to speed.
  • makoman likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#43 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 16 August 2021 - 09:17 AM

Nice synopsis, Mike. What I thought was going to be a much improved OL, I'm now getting very uneasy about it. Harbaugh doesn't seem overly concerned but I'm not liking what I see.

Thanks. Mako said Zeitler is back which is good. I do think with just under a month to go, Stanley working out, even individually, will be ready week 1. They seem to be happy with AVs progress transitioning. His background suggests he’s the disciplined, determined type. I’m sure he’s giving it his full attention. Bozeman, we’ll see about the ankle. Cleveland, undisclosed injury, hope it’s not much. Problem with those massive dudes might be soft tissue issues might take longer to heal? But we don’t know what it is. Maybe got sick from eating chipmunks out of the woods behind the practice field. :)

I feel like at full health, they have the potential to be the best O-line in the league. Missing a guy or two, would still be better off than probably half the O-lines around the league. You could get by for a few games with Mekari at center if Bozemans ankle lingers. Powers at guard if Cleveland’s pass protection is really such atrocious it’s a liability at this point. Putting AV at LT, Phillips at RT if Stanley isn’t quite ready or has a setback.

Don’t like seeing these guys miss time. Especially Bozeman as he’s making the line calls. A job Yanda did for so long, and was probably a detriment to the line last year on top of not having his blocking talent out there. But, there is time to get it together. I’ll be concerned if the projected starting five aren’t lined up together when we get past labor day.
@BSLMikeRandall

#44 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 16 August 2021 - 12:40 PM

I will feel significantly better if Stanley is ready to go when Vegas rolls around. He's the linchpin and everything else will into place behind him.
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#45 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,404 posts

Posted 16 August 2021 - 12:49 PM

I will feel significantly better if Stanley is ready to go when Vegas rolls around. He's the linchpin and everything else will into place behind him.

Definitely. If Stanley is 100% then Stanley-X-Bozeman-Zeitler-AV should be a lot better than Brown-Bozeman-Mekari-Powers-Phillips/Fluker.

• JordanKough and PrimeTime like this

#46 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 16 August 2021 - 06:34 PM

Definitely. If Stanley is 100% then Stanley-X-Bozeman-Zeitler-AV should be a lot better than Brown-Bozeman-Mekari-Powers-Phillips/Fluker.

"If" being the operative word.  Maybe it's just my imagination running away with itself but when I see all these "minor" injuries piling up, you realize how little depth we have along the OL.  And if your OL sucks, chances are, you're going to suck.  Scary how a whole season can be wiped out with injuries, regardless of how good you look on paper.  

#47 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 16 August 2021 - 07:44 PM

I heard Cleveland was out because of a concussion.

#48 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 17 August 2021 - 06:56 AM

Ravens: https://www.baltimor...ead-of-deadline

They cut Aaron Adoye, Davonte Harris and Eli Wolf. Placed Khalil Dorsey and Iman Marshall on IR. 

Kenji Bahar in the fold at QB as Trace McSorley's back problems will "sideline him for several weeks"

Edit: Only players placed on IR after making the 53-man are eligible to return. So Marshall, 2019 4th round pick, will miss his second straight season after tearing his ACL in camp in 2020.

@BSLMikeRandall

#49 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 17 August 2021 - 09:40 AM

Ravens: https://www.baltimor...ead-of-deadline

They cut Aaron Adoye, Davonte Harris and Eli Wolf. Placed Khalil Dorsey and Iman Marshall on IR.

Kenji Bahar in the fold at QB as Trace McSorley's back problems will "sideline him for several weeks"

Edit: Only players placed on IR after making the 53-man are eligible to return. So Marshall, 2019 4th round pick, will miss his second straight season after tearing his ACL in camp in 2020.

So we might have to get creative with setting the 53 man, putting some guys on the practice squad and protecting them; then IR guys on the 53 man, then elevate guys from the PS. Does that sound about right?
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#50 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 17 August 2021 - 09:53 AM

So we might have to get creative with setting the 53 man, putting some guys on the practice squad and protecting them; then IR guys on the 53 man, then elevate guys from the PS. Does that sound about right?

I could defiitely see this. Like a Justice Hill waived, Tyson Williams to the PS, if Hill is claimed, Williams is promoted. I think any of the fringe OL are going to get sent to the PS to start and if claimed, buh-bye. 

I also think Levine, Fort, and Richards are all at risk of being "cut" before the Opening Day roster and depending on what happens re-added. I think Warrior is headed for IR, but Stone and Washington both impressed. And Stephens and Wade both look like they could contribute at some point. Plus Queen/Harrison got all the starter reps at ILB. So those three guys should be talking to their agents to talk to the team now. 

#51 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 August 2021 - 12:46 PM

I think they keep Hill.  A team that runs as much as the Ravens should not be carrying just 2 running backs.

It will be interesting to see how the "special team aces" fare.  Harbs has always protected his special team guys and they have delivered for him.

However, with the depth in our defensive backfield, I think Richards has to be in a lot of trouble.  Levine may be in trouble too.

@mikeghg

#52 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 17 August 2021 - 12:51 PM

Regarding Hill, he could be in trouble based on what the other 2 backs showed.  

#18 flashed a few times on Saturday.  I think his name is McCrary.  He had a real nice burst getting outside, for about 20 yards.  Then he had a nice first down round inside the tackles.

Tyson Williams #35 also had a few nice runs.

Important to keep in mind, they were playing against the 3rd teamers of the Saints.  

@mikeghg

#53 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 17 August 2021 - 01:24 PM

I think they keep Hill.  A team that runs as much as the Ravens should not be carrying just 2 running backs.

It will be interesting to see how the "special team aces" fare.  Harbs has always protected his special team guys and they have delivered for him.

However, with the depth in our defensive backfield, I think Richards has to be in a lot of trouble.  Levine may be in trouble too.

Well the point wasn't to roll with 3 RBs, it was just if Hill gets claimed, you're OK with Williams. If he doesn't, you let him go unsigned for a week and then you can bring him back on a non-guaranteed deal. 

It's more likely he has a spot than he doesn't. But if he doesn't show up next game and Tyson Williams shows out again, he should be worried. 

#54 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 17 August 2021 - 01:26 PM

I mentioned on a podcast this week I thought #18 actually looked like he was the better fit to backup Dobbins and had a little bit of that Rice/Dobbins profile in how he looked. 

#55 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,263 posts

Posted 17 August 2021 - 07:35 PM

Well the point wasn't to roll with 3 RBs, it was just if Hill gets claimed, you're OK with Williams. If he doesn't, you let him go unsigned for a week and then you can bring him back on a non-guaranteed deal.

It's more likely he has a spot than he doesn't. But if he doesn't show up next game and Tyson Williams shows out again, he should be worried.

I think Hill's expertise on special teams is more important to Harbaugh and the coaches than you may realize.

On another note, I never see Bredeson mentioned in the battle for LG. Which is ironic considering he played strictly both LG and RG last Saturday, and had the best overall game of any of the offensive lineman. I think he has a chance to sneak up the depth chart.

#56 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 18 August 2021 - 09:57 AM

I think Hill's expertise on special teams is more important to Harbaugh and the coaches than you may realize.

It's very possible, especially if they want to keep 3 RBs active just in case in any game. That might be the saving grace for Hill's spot. 

But at worst, Oweh can take his spot! That's tongue and cheek, I don't want Oweh taking ST reps during the season. 

#57 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 18 August 2021 - 10:07 AM

I heard Humphrey got himself hurt yesterday and left the field.  The "minor injuries" continue to mount. 

#58 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 18 August 2021 - 10:22 AM

I heard Humphrey got himself hurt yesterday and left the field.  The "minor injuries" continue to mount. 

He seems fine and was on the field today. I think he would have been playing if there was a game this weekend, so I think there is not much to see here kind of moment. 

#59 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 18 August 2021 - 12:10 PM

He seems fine and was on the field today. I think he would have been playing if there was a game this weekend, so I think there is not much to see here kind of moment. 

That's good to hear. 

#60 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,263 posts

Posted 18 August 2021 - 01:03 PM

It's very possible, especially if they want to keep 3 RBs active just in case in any game. That might be the saving grace for Hill's spot.

But at worst, Oweh can take his spot! That's tongue and cheek, I don't want Oweh taking ST reps during the season.

I think Williams may be a better pure RB than Hill already. But Hill is huge on special teams, and is average at worst as a RB. Ravens are going to have to make a few hard decisions this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=