#21 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,720 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 04 May 2021 - 10:11 PM

This can't possibly be the definition we're using, no need to distinguish between people who sign 1-year deals to avoid arb and people who go through the arb process. Especially not since Elias seems to be a file-and-trial advocate. They all count as people who were eligible for raises, and the important thing is whether the Orioles give them those raises or if they non-tender or trade them away to avoid it.

I think they won't have a guy making more than 1M.

This season, Santander was the only guy they went to a hearing with, but I acknowledged both Mancini and Severino.  

Armstrong and Valaika were likely non-tenders if they didn't accept a lesser than arbitration deal.

You could have guys in that group next year (like I mentioned Ruiz and Sisco) where they'd rather sign for 'less' than risk non-tender. 

Plutko, Fry and Scott are guys that could bump their arb number up a little more...but they'll likely have a fair amount of interest at the trade deadline so I guess the Orioles will ride their innings to the trade deadline (get everything they can out of them) and then flip them for something (or in a package).

I'll stick with zero arbitration hearings and the only arb eligible guys that are signed (pre-tender) here are less than a million. 

#22 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,937 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 10:14 PM

This season, Santander was the only guy they went to a hearing with, but I acknowledged both Mancini and Severino.

Armstrong and Valaika were likely non-tenders if they didn't accept a lesser than arbitration deal.

You could have guys in that group next year (like I mentioned Ruiz and Sisco) where they'd rather sign for 'less' than risk non-tender.

Plutko, Fry and Scott are guys that could bump their arb number up a little more...but they'll likely have a fair amount of interest at the trade deadline so I guess the Orioles will ride their innings to the trade deadline (get everything they can out of them) and then flip them for something (or in a package).

I'll stick with zero arbitration hearings and the only arb eligible guys that are signed (pre-tender) here are less than a million.

Crazy talk.

#23 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,756 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 07:30 AM

I'll go over on 0 pre-FA guys making $1M next season.

#24 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,937 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 07:41 AM

Jeez. You think.

#25 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 05 May 2021 - 11:04 AM

Given their slashing of all expenses, and their request to have arb increases deferred, there's nothing that makes his prediction sound crazy. 

Good news! I saw a dog today.

#26 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,756 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 11:13 AM

Given their slashing of all expenses, and their request to have arb increases deferred, there's nothing that makes his prediction sound crazy. 

Said I'd take the over, not that it was necessarily crazy.

But for it to be true, Mancini, Means, Santander, and Severino would all need to be traded or non-tendered (Severino the only non-tender candidate).  Probably also Tanner Scott and perhaps Lopez depending on for how long he remains a starter.  Rest of the arbitration eligible guys like Valaika, Armstrong, Plutko, Sisco and any others probably stay below $1M if they are tendered.

• weird-O likes this

#27 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,937 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 11:19 AM

It is crazy. They arent trading away or non tendering all of Means, Mancini, Santander, and Scott.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#28 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 05 May 2021 - 01:54 PM

It is crazy. They arent trading away or non tendering all of Means, Mancini, Santander, and Scott.

Didn't Roch write about the O's floating the idea of trading Mancini and Santander? Like I said before, they're making strange decisions regarding expenditures. I don't think they'll non-tender any player that has trade value, but I don't have any doubts that they'll trade away everyone that can be unloaded to save money. 

Good news! I saw a dog today.

#29 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,937 posts

Posted 05 May 2021 - 02:01 PM

Obviously not 100% but Im very confident they wont be trading Means. Would also bet that Santander and Scott arent traded and are tendered.

#30 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 May 2021 - 03:23 PM

You have less faith in this organizations, willingness to spend than I do.  I am hoping this is the year we start to invest in the major league team.

@mikeghg

#31 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,720 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 05 May 2021 - 03:58 PM

You have less faith in this organizations, willingness to spend than I do.  I am hoping this is the year we start to invest in the major league team.

Well, this Organization has been in line with a very specific approach for about 25 years so I'll stick with the track record until they prove me wrong.  

They have incentive to go backwards as much as they can (priorities) and I don't see an incentive to spend anything at this point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=