14 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 07:46 AM

@masnOrioles
Everyone in Baltimore knows about "The Streak." But do you know about "The Writing Streak"? @masnRoch has written about the Orioles for http://MASNsports.com every day since Aug. 1, 2008.

#2 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 07:54 AM

Dang, thats a lot of words.

I know he takes heat for being paid to be a homer and not asking the hard questions.

I think he does pretty good with his role there at MASN. I know he knows things before others do with some things, but cant divulge it

I enjoy the quips and things he can come up with, it helps.

#3 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 April 2021 - 07:57 AM

I think Roch does a pretty good job too.  People do beat on him for walking the company line, but when you look at how the Orioles and MASN have treated long time employees, it is hard to blame him or Steve.

@mikeghg

#4 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 20 April 2021 - 08:51 AM

I don't blame the guy for being a paid homer. He made a career and artistic choice. If he's happy writing what they tell him he's allowed to write, good for him. He gets to cover his hometown baseball team, that he grew up rooting for. From time to time I've heard him on the Fan. I assume no one at Orioles Central listens to those interviews. Because that's where you hear his honest opinion of the franchise, and it ain't complimentary. :D  

Good news! I saw a dog today.

#5 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 April 2021 - 10:12 AM

I think both Roch and Steve are guarded in their views.  They have a right to be cautious, because the organization does not seem to value, long time service.  They saw what happen to Davis, Hunter, Bordick, Dempsey and others.

@mikeghg

#6 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 10:43 AM

@masnOrioles
Everyone in Baltimore knows about "The Streak." But do you know about "The Writing Streak"? @masnRoch has written about the Orioles for http://MASNsports.com every day since Aug. 1, 2008.

Little known fact. He hasn’t missed a day at the gym in that time frame either.

Seriously though, is that for real? Like Christmas, Thanksgiving, never a day off?
@BSLMikeRandall

#7 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 10:51 AM

I think both Roch and Steve are guarded in their views.  They have a right to be cautious, because the organization does not seem to value, long time service.  They saw what happen to Davis, Hunter, Bordick, Dempsey and others.

Dont forgot Jon Miller.

#8 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 10:52 AM

I don't blame the guy for being a paid homer. He made a career and artistic choice. If he's happy writing what they tell him he's allowed to write, good for him. He get's to cover his hometown baseball team, that he grew up rooting for. From time to time I've heard him on the Fan. I assume no one at Orioles Central listens to those interviews. Because that's where you hear his honest opinion of the franchise, and it ain't complimentary. :D  

Anybody still listen to the Fan, guys like VInny have driven away listeners lol

#9 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 20 April 2021 - 10:53 AM

Seriously though, is that for real? Like Christmas, Thanksgiving, never a day off?

I'd imagine he writes those a day or two in advance 

she/her

#10 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 10:53 AM

For his blog, wonder if he can have an article or two in the "can" and just pop them out.

#11 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,422 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 12:48 PM

Of course, Hunter shows that merely being a homer is not enough.

Roch does a good job as long as you have the appropriate expectations. He's not going to be breaking national news, which seems like a thing people complain about for some reason, especially in FA and trade deadline time. But he's going to give little insights that you probably won't get elsewhere.

• Mike B likes this

#12 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 12:52 PM

For his blog, wonder if he can have an article or two in the "can" and just pop them out.

He definitely can. I guess that makes sense.

@BSLMikeRandall

#13 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 01:23 PM

Of course, Hunter shows that merely being a homer is not enough.

Roch does a good job as long as you have the appropriate expectations. He's not going to be breaking national news, which seems like a thing people complain about for some reason, especially in FA and trade deadline time. But he's going to give little insights that you probably won't get elsewhere.

Roch did a couple of nice interviews with the radio booth guys, explaining that he enjoyed a good relationship with Buck, and Buck was good about letting Roch know what he could write about and Roch knew the other stuff had to stay with him. It pained him to see it leak out, but he knew it wasnt himself.

#14 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 20 April 2021 - 01:23 PM

Anybody still listen to the Fan, guys like VInny have driven away listeners lol

I image they have followers. That station is very quick to cut any on-air personality that sees even a slight dip in ratings. 

Good news! I saw a dog today.

#15 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 01:38 PM

I image they have followers. That station is very quick to cut any on-air personality that sees even a slight dip in ratings. 

I cant image who would listen to his BS,

I agree, they pull the plug quickly when it involves rating or even more money deomands.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=