70 replies to this topic

#61 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 08:13 PM

Sulser looked pretty good today. Im pretty sure hes one of the 3 or 4 best BP options we have right now. Surprised he was sent back out.

#62 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,137 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 12:12 AM

Mancini, Mountcastle, and Santander I think are more likely to be over 100 OPS+ than not. I don't think any are slam dunks, different reasons any of them could disappoint.

No others.

I could possibly see Franco and maybe Mullins coming close.

#63 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 04:25 AM

Dude threw 6 straight balls but no baserunner because Franco swings 3-0 with no outs in the 9th (7th). Ridiculous.

That was horrible.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#64 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 04:27 AM

The offense will hit more at times. (Mancini, Mountcastle, Santander, Hays.)

It won't be a tire fire all year.

All that matters is development from the guys that can be a piece going forward... and you want to see month-to-month improvement.

That's all well and good.

I'll watch, but this team is a tough watch. Most casual fans will be tuning out sooner than later.

#65 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 06:26 AM

Dude threw 6 straight balls but no baserunner because Franco swings 3-0 with no outs in the 9th (7th). Ridiculous.

All I could do is shake my head because I knew they'd lose at that point.

#66 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,018 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 06:44 AM

That's all well and good.

I'll watch, but this team is a tough watch. Most casual fans will be tuning out sooner than later.

When the Ravens start camp, it will be lights out for most Orioles fans. 

#67 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 16 April 2021 - 07:06 AM

When the Ravens start camp, it will be lights out for most Orioles fans. 

I actually joked about that the other day, but I do think there is room for both.  Hopefully the Orioles are a better team in August than they are now, because the one now, frankly stinks.

I do think, when guys start to hit, and they will, the games will be more entertaining.

If not, this is going to be a very long year.

@mikeghg

#68 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 08:36 AM

The games haven't been bad games.  They lose most of them, and they've made some really frustrating mistakes, but they're at least competitive most of the time so far.  I'm not apathetic towards a game being on or not yet.

I'm really worried about once the bullpen gets overworked and the starters get well beyond the number of innings they threw in last year's shortened season.  I think things might get real bad by early summer, and there is very little help on the horizon for the pitching staff.

#69 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 April 2021 - 08:41 AM

Close in the final score doesn't constitute a good baseball game. Most of the games have been pretty bad. Completely inept offense, with pitching that just loves giving up the big hits late.

#70 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 16 April 2021 - 08:54 AM

The games haven't been bad games.  They lose most of them, and they've made some really frustrating mistakes, but they're at least competitive most of the time so far.  I'm not apathetic towards a game being on or not yet.

I'm really worried about once the bullpen gets overworked and the starters get well beyond the number of innings they threw in last year's shortened season.  I think things might get real bad by early summer, and there is very little help on the horizon for the pitching staff.

If we're getting about 140 games of Mountcastle playing LF/DH that's an upgrade for the watchability and excitement compared to 2019 where those chances were going to someone like Dwight Smith Jr, same with giving Dean Kremer starts over Dan Straily or Asher Wojciechowski 

she/her

#71 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 09:34 AM

Close in the final score doesn't constitute a good baseball game. Most of the games have been pretty bad. Completely inept offense, with pitching that just loves giving up the big hits late.

The doubleheaders have proved that they aren't a very good seven inning team with these early double headers.

The reasons you posted are contributing factors. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=