#1 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,685 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 08 April 2021 - 06:30 AM

Former bozo Aubrey Huff was at it again.  Tweeting at the Orioles yesterday because in their twitter page they have the emoji with a mask on it, and the bird with a mask on it.

Was he always such a terrible person?

#2 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,453 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 06:54 AM

He was always a redneck but it seems like his personality has been on steroids these last five years. Wonder why?
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#3 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 07:05 AM

Former bozo Aubrey Huff was at it again.  Tweeting at the Orioles yesterday because in their twitter page they have the emoji with a mask on it, and the bird with a mask on it.

His career was mostly before social media. Most professional ball players are quirky dudes and divas and of course very opinionated. Some have no clue on what to do after their career is over.

#4 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,685 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 08 April 2021 - 07:20 AM

His career was mostly before social media. Most professional ball players are quirky dudes and divas and of course very opinionated. Some have no clue on what to do after their career is over.

I think you are forgetting about his appearance on Bubba and the Love Sponge show when he called Baltimore a horse bleep town.  That was during his playing days and went about as well as expected.  The only difference is he attempted to apologize for it.  Now a days he seems to say even  worse things and never apologizes.

#5 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,675 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 07:22 AM

Because it gives him what he wants.  Attention.  Adulation from half the population.  Disdain from the other half.  Attention from all. 

• 24fps and BSLRoseKatz like this

#6 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,247 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 08:11 AM

Because it gives him what he wants. Attention. Adulation from half the population. Disdain from the other half. Attention from all.

Does it though.

#7 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,675 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 08:14 AM

Does it though.

From all? That's hyperbole, but nearly 200k followers on Twitter, trends regularly.  He has an audience that he plays to.

#8 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,372 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 08 April 2021 - 08:30 AM

Former bozo Aubrey Huff was at it again. Tweeting at the Orioles yesterday because in their twitter page they have the emoji with a mask on it, and the bird with a mask on it.

Yes. Anyone remember him dealing with “anxiety” issues and getting shut down? I got slammed by people because I said that it wasn’t social anxiety and described what that actually entails.

Now that everyone has seen the real him, is it as surprising that he was shut down and hidden for a condition (much like a back injury) that is hard to quantify and harder to tell when it would be over?

Sometimes there are just things you can’t say on the internet.
  • Old Man likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#9 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 09:25 AM

I think you are forgetting about his appearance on Bubba and the Love Sponge show when he called Baltimore a horse bleep town.  That was during his playing days and went about as well as expected.  The only difference is he attempted to apologize for it.  Now a days he seems to say even  worse things and never apologizes.

We had a governor refer to the Eastern shore as an outhouse.

How many times have you used ex-players say really stupid things on ESPN, etc?

Too many to count.

Most of these guys dont have IQs in the MENSA range. Mussina did, and from what I hear, he was a jerk too.

#10 24fps

24fps
  • Members
  • 101 posts
  • LocationBrentwood, TN

Posted 08 April 2021 - 09:29 AM

His apperarance on Bubba the Love Sponge was 2007ish which in the social media universe roughly equates to the Stone Age.  I think that's what Old Man was getting at, and I agree.

Since then social media has grown into something that no longer requires Aubrey Huff and his ilk to apologize for, or limit, any behavior whatsoever.  In other words, its evolution has lifted the same burden from its users.  Aubrey must feel like he's right at home these days.

#11 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 09:30 AM

We had a governor refer to the Eastern shore as an outhouse.

How many times have you used ex-players say really stupid things on ESPN, etc?

Too many to count.

Most of these guys dont have IQs in the MENSA range. Mussina did, and from what I hear, he was a jerk too.

Theres being a jerk, multiply that by 100, and you get Aubrey Huff. The verbal diarrhea he spews is on a whole different level. If he said the things he believes in on ESPN he'd be fired immediately. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#12 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 08 April 2021 - 10:13 AM

I think a lot of guys think things pretty similar to Aubrey, they just know it's good PR to not broadcast it like that 

she/her

#13 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,372 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 10:25 AM

I think a lot of guys think things pretty similar to Aubrey, they just know it's good PR to not broadcast it like that

This is pretty much it. Teams used to clamp down more on players and made them keep opinions to themselves. That’s stopped mostly since the real explosion of social media and good with the bad in getting to see players real personalities.

Like for instance with the Aubrey stuff I mentioned in SF, it came out later he caused major locker room tension with broad Trump support and I believe either got into a fight or almost go into a fight with another player. There are rumors and stuff I’ve heard and it really lines up with how he is on Twitter.
  • BSLRoseKatz likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#14 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,685 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 08 April 2021 - 10:39 AM

In Huff's case, he's out of baseball now so there's no one holding him back at this point.

#15 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,675 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 10:55 AM

This is pretty much it. Teams used to clamp down more on players and made them keep opinions to themselves. That’s stopped mostly since the real explosion of social media and good with the bad in getting to see players real personalities.

Like for instance with the Aubrey stuff I mentioned in SF, it came out later he caused major locker room tension with broad Trump support and I believe either got into a fight or almost go into a fight with another player. There are rumors and stuff I’ve heard and it really lines up with how he is on Twitter.

I mean Trump and his opinions were somewhat known... but locker room tension because of Trump support? HIs career ended in '12.

#16 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 11:03 AM

Him and Schilling can start a right-wing sports grievance podcast.

#17 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,372 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 12:20 PM

I mean Trump and his opinions were somewhat known... but locker room tension because of Trump support? HIs career ended in '12.

The official word that is out so I can get away with saying, is he wasn't invited to the WC reunion and celebration because of his outward Trump support from before he ran through his term.

If you connect some dots that I've been sworn to never repeat on here, you'll probably be able to figure out what the problems were with teammates back then. Especially when there's an alleged fist fight in there with a player that may not have a lot in common with him...yeah...vague enough, but you probably get it.

It's been a long time, but I really swore I'd never put it out there, because it's not too hard to narrow down where stuff came from. It was a big issue on THAT team, and a nasty secret in baseball (that still exists today). Anytime you have activities that draw in people from such different regions, upbringings, and walks of life, you're going to find some issues when you put them together. Some guys are just worse than others.

• Old Man likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#18 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,113 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 10:02 PM

I like the guy.

#19 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,453 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 07:22 AM

I like the guy.

Much of it is just trolling and being an a-hole on purpose, I'm sure. Like someone else said, looking for attention.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#20 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,453 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 06:52 PM

https://mobile.twitt...9584730113?s=10

Says the guy who was here for 3 of those years and was hot trash for two of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=