Photo

O's 2021 Record Prediction

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

Poll: Win Prediction (12 member(s) have cast votes)

How many games will the Orioles win?

1. 50-59 (2 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

2. 60-69 (6 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. 70-79 (4 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

4. 80-89 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 08:15 AM

How many wins would everybody trade to get to experience yesterday's game?

Orioles still win, but it's just a run-of-the-mill good start from Means.  But you get to add X wins to the Orioles overall record (and relational improvement to the general aesthetic feel of the entire season)?

I'd trade a lot.  I think the team is gonna be a 60ish win team and especially the latter part of the season is going to be an unbearable slog.  But I'll take that along with yesterday's game over a .500ish season and more consistently enjoyable baseball.  So like, 20 wins.  That's what yesterday was worth to me.  I've always liked the "flags fly forever" ideal, and yesterday's game from Means is an individual moment banner.  And to me, no-hitters and perfect games are way more memorable than cycles or 3-homer days.

• BobPhelan likes this

#62 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 08:29 AM

None. Happy for Means, but doesn't mean anything to me.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#63 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 06 May 2021 - 08:40 AM

How many wins would everybody trade to get to experience yesterday's game?

Orioles still win, but it's just a run-of-the-mill good start from Means.  But you get to add X wins to the Orioles overall record (and relational improvement to the general aesthetic feel of the entire season)?

I'd trade a lot.  I think the team is gonna be a 60ish win team and especially the latter part of the season is going to be an unbearable slog.  But I'll take that along with yesterday's game over a .500ish season and more consistently enjoyable baseball.  So like, 20 wins.  That's what yesterday was worth to me.  I've always liked the "flags fly forever" ideal, and yesterday's game from Means is an individual moment banner.  And to me, no-hitters and perfect games are way more memorable than cycles or 3-homer days.

I fully agree with everything here. I'd take 95 losses and this no-hitter over 80 wins, with this being a regular shutout. I'm a big sucker for "moments".

(I still wanna see someone hit the warehouse.)

• Mike B likes this

#64 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,767 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 09:00 AM

None!?

You'd prefer 74-88 without this game over 73-89 with it?

#65 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 09:14 AM

None!?

You'd prefer 74-88 without this game over 73-89 with it?

Yeah, give me 1 more win. 

#66 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,359 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 06 May 2021 - 10:05 AM

Definitely more with Mack on this than Chris. With that said, it depends on how we arrive at those extra wins. If those extra wins are primarily due to things that make the future brighter, then I'll largely side with that, but I'll still give up a few wins for the no hitter pretty easily.

#67 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,544 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 06 May 2021 - 10:43 AM

Yup. They do interviews with a reporter from each team and ask them for a win projection and he said 51-111

Only 36 wins away from reaching Trezza’s lofty goal lol

Think we can dig up 36 wins in our final 130 games or so?
  • BSLChrisStoner and FL O's Fan like this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#68 FL O's Fan

FL O's Fan
  • Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 10:44 AM

Definitely more with Mack on this than Chris. With that said, it depends on how we arrive at those extra wins. If those extra wins are primarily due to things that make the future brighter, then I'll largely side with that, but I'll still give up a few wins for the no hitter pretty easily.

I was just about say this exact same thing. If we go from 60ish wins to 80ish wins with contributions from players that are part of the future and we don't mortgage the future at all to do that, I take that. 

I think it'd be nice to avoid 100 losses. But the range of 63 wins to 73 wins I don't care much about. So for me, the no hitter is probably worth about 10 wins. I mean it's pretty cool that we watched something that hasn't been done in 50 years. And it was nearly the first perfect game in O's history. 

#69 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 May 2021 - 10:57 AM

That's insane. Why even follow the game?

#70 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 11:06 AM

That's insane. Why even follow the game?

Because I care about the team? 

I'm happy for Means, but it's just whatever for me. 

#71 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 May 2021 - 11:16 AM

Because I care about the team?

I'm happy for Means, but it's just whatever for me.

That truly blows my mind. No offense whatsoever (genuinely). At the same time, sports probably effect your mental health a lot less than others, which is a very good thing.

A no-no is something I've been yearning for, as a baseball #1 guy, my whole life. Yesterday was surreal and etched in my memory forever. And I'm a little irritated there isn't any memorabilia on sale yet. It's been almost 24 hours, I have money I'm trying to give away here... let's get on it.
  • The Epic, Pedro Cerrano, BSLRoseKatz and 1 other like this

#72 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,970 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 02:41 PM

I seriously questioned Id ever see an Os no no. And it was a dominant one. A non Perfecto by no fault of Means at all. Im every bit as invested in the minors as the major league team this year. Plus, the higher the draft pick the better. So a lot of wins, at least on this particular team. Yesterday was special. On cloud nine.

#73 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 25 May 2021 - 08:49 AM

BUMP!

If we maintain our same win percentage we're projected to end the season at 58-103.

@DaKittenz

#74 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 25 May 2021 - 08:54 AM

The range imo is 63-72 wins. So put me down for 68.

Still feel 68. 

#75 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 25 May 2021 - 09:36 AM

I totally agree. Good for Means and congrats, but in the big picture doesn't bring much to the team in the overall scheme of things.

#76 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 25 May 2021 - 09:52 AM

I totally agree. Good for Means and congrats, but in the big picture doesn't bring much to the team in the overall scheme of things.

Was anyone saying it was? No one defines the success of a rebuild by the number of no-hitters you get, it's just a historic moment that will be remembered for the rest of the lives of every fan of the team. 

• BobPhelan likes this

she/her

#77 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 25 May 2021 - 10:46 PM

Was anyone saying it was? No one defines the success of a rebuild by the number of no-hitters you get, it's just a historic moment that will be remembered for the rest of the lives of every fan of the team. 

The question was how many wins would you trade. I guess my answer like Chris's is 0. I would rather see the team win more games than last season and show some progress over  one game. 

#78 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 05:56 AM

17-145

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#79 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 07:57 AM

17-145

I'm sure they'll probably have a game that gets postponed and never made up at some point. Something like 19-142 seems fairly accurate.

#80 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 May 2021 - 12:43 PM

I said 63, but I did not realize I was being an optimist.   :-P

I will stick with 63, but I think we need at least 3 pitchers to emerge to help the rotation or the pen.  I am also, basing that on Means, Mancini and Santander to stay on the team.  If they go, I think we will be in the 50's and I will not be watching much.

The good news is we won the first inning in today's game.  We are up 1-0.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=